Thai school teachers not paid ?

I have recently been told(by a thai secondary school teacher) that she and many of her colleges have not been paid for over 2 months in konkean province.

Has anyone else heard this before,or can anyone verify this ?

Edited by SlyAnimal
Modified font to regular size

Yeah rice farmers haven't been paid in some areas, as the government wasn't expecting such a large rice harvest. This could be what she was meaning.

Alternatively she might be a contracted staff member, as opposed to a permanent government employee. They are often paid out of a special budget, sometimes schools overspend from the special budget. I had this happen to me when I first came to Thailand, they eventually paid me in full, but it was a couple of months late.

Yeah rice farmers haven't been paid in some areas, as the government wasn't expecting such a large rice harvest. This could be what she was meaning.

Alternatively she might be a contracted staff member, as opposed to a permanent government employee. They are often paid out of a special budget, sometimes schools overspend from the special budget. I had this happen to me when I first came to Thailand, they eventually paid me in full, but it was a couple of months late.

No she is a government employee....family member (hence my suspicions...just checking up on her)

No she is a government employee....family member (hence my suspicions...just checking up on her)

Is she asking for money or 'help'?

Well not directly ,i was told this story about not being paid over a month ago...no money was requested then..now its got to month 2 the mother (teacher) asked her daughter(my girlfriend) for money (even though she had already helped her out by buying food and paying the bills)...........my girlfriend refused to give any more,she didnt have it.........then my girlfriend gets beaten up badly by her brother (i have some proof of this).

Well not directly ,i was told this story about not being paid over a month ago...no money was requested then..now its got to month 2 the mother (teacher) asked her daughter(my girlfriend) for money (even though she had already helped her out by buying food and paying the bills)...........my girlfriend refused to give any more,she didnt have it.........then my girlfriend gets beaten up badly by her brother (i have some proof of this).

Really? what did you do about it?

I saw her on skype its all true..beaten up by her own family ....told her to get out quick...see has no friends to help her and the police wont get involved....unless you pay them....f..cking unbelievable country so corrupt

You saw her on Skype? here we go againrolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Lovely brother, beats up his own sister. What complete f wit.

Anyhow somethings very wrong when you work for the government and they can't pay you. I think I would have gotten a new job after a month max.

I could go on and on but it's off topic and I'm sure and hope you can work it out.

Good luck with it mate.smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

If said person is working at a government school, she'll get paid, as they've got their monthly salary. Is it possible that she's gambling, or doing anything else, like supporting a guy who satisfies her good?

The story smells so freaking fishy to me. I'd have found a way to get her brother so beaten up that his mom wouldn't recognize him anymore.

Rule # one. Don't believe in such weird stories. Rule # two. Think twice what people think about you, the walking ATM.

Rule # three: Don't believe anybody under the age of 89 without having their parents around to back it up.

. It seems that they play a dirty game with you Mr. Supersomchai. Sounds similar to Superman, but more shy.-wai2.gif