High Speed Adsl

KhunLing

I plan to get ADSL and not bother with cable TV.

There's so many excellent streaming tv sites nowadays that I'll just use those.

Thus, rather than fork out for UBC + WETV + ADSL...I'd rather just pay for a really fast ISP and be done with it.

One that will run streaming video without much buffering.

512 - 1000 kpbs.

Does anyone know of a decent deal on anything running around those ranges?

(Amphur Muang area)

Depends where you are in the Amphur Muang area. If you can get TRUE cable modem 1024/512 or 2056/512, that would probably be your best bet.

I had the 1024/512 service for a year and was VERY pleased with it. The cable modem system is much more reliable than ADSL - less susceptible to electric and other interference, and the cables are brand new and only used for broadband internet purposes.

You know, I am getting depressed!

No, I don't have cable, No I don't have ADSL, I have CS Lox 1222 Dial up.........

Last week, I forget the day, as if that would make a difference, I was awake at 4:30am ready to tackle the internet and SEE what was happening in my worldwide business feifdom.

After a few tries, I was able to get a 12.6 kbps connection.......... that's right 12.6.

I gave up on being available to my employees and went back to bed. I did finally get 45.6 kbps later that morning........

Depends where you are in the Amphur Muang area. If you can get TRUE cable modem 1024/512 or 2056/512, that would probably be your best bet.

I had the 1024/512 service for a year and was VERY pleased with it. The cable modem system is much more reliable than ADSL - less susceptible to electric and other interference, and the cables are brand new and only used for broadband internet purposes.

I've noticed that one and it seems to get a lot of good comments.

Do you need to have cable TV installed though to be able to get it? I.e. I thought they use the same cables the TV guys have already set up?

Or can you get that on it's own?

I'm not keen to get UBC etc :o

the cables are brand new and only used for broadband internet purposes.

Do you need to have cable TV installed though to be able to get it? I.e. I thought they use the same cables the TV guys have already set up?

As Meadish states, True is Internet only - totally independant of Cable TV

the cables are brand new and only used for broadband internet purposes.

As Meadish states, True is Internet only - totally independant of Cable TV

Cheers. Sorry, I miread that the first time...

Okay, I guess it's now just a matter of finding out if true are available in our area :o

• 2 weeks later...