Thai Visa Open Championship?

Jumalauta

I do not know if there is or if you allready have thought about it here on ThaiVisa, but members here should reserve one day a year where you meet in real life and play a golf tournament "ThaiVisa open champinship"...

Book a tee time, meet up, put some money in and play a contest, dinner and party afterwards ... Just an idea folx,,, possible?

A fantastic opportunity to make new friends and contacts?

Cheers!

• Like 1

I do not know if the warriors want to meet in real life, I guess there have been some conflicts between members over the years and they probably avoid each other in real life. I guess it depends on the personalities, how they are in real life compared to the internet ...

Unfortunately I do not live in Thailand but I usually visit Thailand one time every year during the high season, and if such a tournament would happen during my visit, I would definitely attend. smile.png
Cheers!

I'm in!! I was thinking the same thing not so long ago but was worried about the lack of response from opening a post!

It might be a good idea to make it a 2 day event as some people would have to travel a fair distance.

How many players would we need to make it happen?

Come on people put your name down!!

You could open up a new thread with a poll. If members are interested they can vote for an area.

1. Northern

2. Eastern

4. Western

5. Central

6. Pattaya

7. Bangkok

8. Southern

That way you'll get an idea of where to hold the tournament.

• Like 1

You could open up a new thread with a poll. If members are interested they can vote for an area.

1. Northern

2. Eastern

4. Western

5. Central

6. Pattaya

7. Bangkok

8. Southern

A very good idea, thanx! I just made a poll from your post but i jumped over Nr3 ;) Thank you very much!

• Like 1

If there is enough interest and members are prepared to organise the event, Thaivisa Golf could contribute in some way - maybe a prize or sponsorship of a party/after event drinks??

That would be truly great if we get a little support from a sponsor!! thumbsup.gif

I could try to organize this, hopefully whit some help... I think it would be a great event in the end!

I attend a tournament once a year in phuket. They have a website phuket10's rugby, which is organized by a few expats but is on a much bigger scale and has teams from around the world that attend, has being going for 10+ years and is well organized and very fun socially. It has a few different categories but one is called the coffin dodgers tournament which is for 35yrs and older player's and who are really there for the social part of things and play abit of rugby as well. Could be worth looking into for a few ideas, I reckon at the end of the day if you can make it fun it will work.

I attend a tournament once a year in phuket. They have a website phuket10's rugby, which is organized by a few expats but is on a much bigger scale and has teams from around the world that attend, has being going for 10+ years and is well organized and very fun socially. It has a few different categories but one is called the coffin dodgers tournament which is for 35yrs and older player's and who are really there for the social part of things and play abit of rugby as well. Could be worth looking into for a few ideas, I reckon at the end of the day if you can make it fun it will work.

Thanks Jubes ... I checked the website and they seem well organized, it would have been nice to participate in such an event...

Personally I feel that if we organize a competition for members trough Thai Visa, it will mostly be about the social part and the chance to meet new friends and maybe make new contacts in Thailand. How the contest ends is less important to me...

I was in Koh Samui around 2002, and there was some restaurant owners who arranged a 2 day football tournament (soccer) "Koh Samui world cup",,, It was between Swedish, French, Italian and English restaurants but also a World Team participated (guests). The winning team had to stand for the party afterwards at their own restaurant... It is among the most enjoyable events I have attended to in Thailand.

Stuff like that makes Thailand even more fun than it already is!

• Like 1

1. Northern

2. Eastern

4. Western

5. Central

6. Pattaya

7. Bangkok

8. Southern

A very good idea, thanx! I just made a poll from your post but i jumped over Nr3 wink.png Thank you very much!

Must of missed that year of school..

• Like 1