Three foreigners arrested over Phuket ATM robbery

webfact

So, not 'farangs', then.

The guy with the Santa Claus facial hair is a Farang. I think the word for the other two is Hispanic.

So Hispanics are not foreigners but native Thai? They are Farang.

I don't think Hispanics are Farang, just as Black Africans are not. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think all Farangs are Cascasion. (pardon the spelling)

So, not 'farangs', then.

Define Farang.

Blanket reference to kon whitey, derived from Farangset (Frenchmen) as they were the first chez whiteys the Thais set eyes on.

And yes, the term would include hispanics.

Blacks kon chocolat

Edited by grumpyoldman

So, not 'farangs', then.

The guy with the Santa Claus facial hair is a Farang. I think the word for the other two is Hispanic.

So Hispanics are not foreigners but native Thai? They are Farang.

I don't think Hispanics are Farang, just as Black Africans are not. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think all Farangs are Cascasion. (pardon the spelling)

I think you will find blacks are called dum farang, at least thats what my ex missus and friends would call them.

A hispanic? Maybe called dum nid noy el farang?

• Like 1

1. Take them to monkey house.

2. Throw away the key from any Chaopraya bridge.

3. Forget them.

They spoil every farang's reputation here cause the Thai don't know about Columbia and Mexico too much. The say, farang is farang.

Why did they leave 1.4 million in the machine?

and How were they caught ?

The answer to both questions can be found in one word: stupid

no no, not stupid. I also want to know the answer to the 1st question. Never mind the 2nd one

Anyone who manages to open an ATM and get to the money, no easy task, but then only takes 200,000 baht, leaving 1.4 million behind is stupid. There is no other way to describe them. As for getting caught, well they were stupid enough to leave 1.4 million behind they are probably too stupid to think about how to cover their tracks.

• Like 1

Colombians, Mexican arrested in Bangkok for Phuket ATM robbery

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Three men suspected of robbing a Patong ATM last Tuesday were apprehended in Bangkok yesterday and returned to Phuket last night.

Phuket Police and fellow officers from the central Bangkok district of Phayathai worked together to arrest the men, who are accused of using a blowtorch to steal almost 300,000 baht from a Thanachart ATM.

Mexican Yesid Alexander Ledesma Gutierrez, 50, and Columbians Luis Fernando Guarin Suta, 44, and Carlos Arturo Amariles Marin, 57, were taken into custody in a rented room in Ratchathewi District in Bangkok at about 12:30pm.

Phuket Police had tracked the men by investigating stores in Phuket that sold the equipment, namely a gas canister and gloves, that had been abandoned at the crime scene (story here).

Viewing CCTV images at the Thai Watsadu store in Thalang, officers found what they were looking for – images of two foreign men making purchases, as well as images of the car they were driving, a Red Suzuki Swift. They obtained arrest warrants for the unnamed men and notified all police divisions in Phuket to help in the search.

“They left Phuket and drove to Ao Nang in Krabi not more than three hours after they robbed the ATM,” said Phuket Provincial Police Commander Ong-art Phiwruangnont.

“On Saturday, we were informed that they were in Bangkok. At that point, we asked the Phayathai Police to help a Patong Police team arrest them,” Maj Gen Ong-art said.

The men were apprehended shortly after midday and returned to Phuket, where they arrived at about 10pm last night.

Police declined to reveal how the suspects were located in Bangkok.

“That is confidential police information,” said Phuket Provincial Deputy Commander Arun Kaewwatee. “If we reveal that, other criminals may learn how to avoid police detection.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Colombians-Mexican-arrested-in-Bangkok-for-Phuket-ATM-robbery-22983.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-12-09

Confidential Police information??? cheesy.gif

When Police knew which car the three musketeers had rented, they just needed to check who rent the car and after that check with immigration where they stayed.

Colombians, Mexican arrested in Bangkok for Phuket ATM robbery

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Three men suspected of robbing a Patong ATM last Tuesday were apprehended in Bangkok yesterday and returned to Phuket last night.

Phuket Police and fellow officers from the central Bangkok district of Phayathai worked together to arrest the men, who are accused of using a blowtorch to steal almost 300,000 baht from a Thanachart ATM.

Mexican Yesid Alexander Ledesma Gutierrez, 50, and Columbians Luis Fernando Guarin Suta, 44, and Carlos Arturo Amariles Marin, 57, were taken into custody in a rented room in Ratchathewi District in Bangkok at about 12:30pm.

Phuket Police had tracked the men by investigating stores in Phuket that sold the equipment, namely a gas canister and gloves, that had been abandoned at the crime scene (story here).

Viewing CCTV images at the Thai Watsadu store in Thalang, officers found what they were looking for – images of two foreign men making purchases, as well as images of the car they were driving, a Red Suzuki Swift. They obtained arrest warrants for the unnamed men and notified all police divisions in Phuket to help in the search.

“They left Phuket and drove to Ao Nang in Krabi not more than three hours after they robbed the ATM,” said Phuket Provincial Police Commander Ong-art Phiwruangnont.

“On Saturday, we were informed that they were in Bangkok. At that point, we asked the Phayathai Police to help a Patong Police team arrest them,” Maj Gen Ong-art said.

The men were apprehended shortly after midday and returned to Phuket, where they arrived at about 10pm last night.

Police declined to reveal how the suspects were located in Bangkok.

“That is confidential police information,” said Phuket Provincial Deputy Commander Arun Kaewwatee. “If we reveal that, other criminals may learn how to avoid police detection.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Colombians-Mexican-arrested-in-Bangkok-for-Phuket-ATM-robbery-22983.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-12-09

Confidential Police information??? cheesy.gif

When Police knew which car the three musketeers had rented, they just needed to check who rent the car and after that check with immigration where they stayed.

They were probably working with some Thai guy, who got caught first. You know the rest of that story whistling.gif .

To many foreign rubbish in Thailand they give a bad reputation to foreigners!!! Jail and kick them out & banned to come back to TH ?

hahahahaha..how so einstien..we had a bad reputation before we even landed so no change there...

Please don't drag Einstein into this. The structure of your post is hardly a scientific equation IMO.

Yes, agreed. Best not to introduce a discussion of the Unified Field Theory of Relativity with said poster.

They left 1.4 million Baht. This crime crew wasn't led by any rocket doctor. The Thai people, the Thai law enforcement, no stupid among them. This crime crew were mental midgets and despite life in Columbia & Mexico are not going to be happy with the Thai lock up. Chok De.