Thailand ranks the world’s third in highest road fatalities

Lite Beer

Today is The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims

attachicon.gifWDR Poster 2015 web.png

Should Thailand hold a minutes days silence in memory of those killed on the roads???

Those in charge could have a few days silence (not make stupid statements) and use the time to come up with methods to improve things. Then lose money and rank if they don't achieve it.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all rather simple isn't it?

The new government is having tremendous success at instilling fear in the population outside Bangkok, Pattya and a few lesser bright spots .

In CM it is the heavy boot being stomped upon drinking establishments. Constant 2-cop moto patrols. A very focussed and in your face intimidation of both faring and local establishments and patrons.

Now the question to be answered is: "Why can't this "approach" be replicated in other areas of public safety?"

Let me rephrase the question: "Where's your balls and brains boys?"

On a lighter note: what impact on driver behaviour would result if every monk in the country drove himself on a motorcycle? (we know they get chauffeured, but do we read any statistics in the news about monks injured while enroute?)

*** mmmm, I might just pick up the saffron garb at Big C this week and test this out..... I mean if Thuggee found safety in donning the garb shouldn't it work for me as well?

Archived