Road Works At Makro

naammanow

Looks like all of the other underpass construction so I would assume that is what's being built. Notice that they are first expanding the frontage road on Highway 11 on both sides of the junction.

Looks like construction is starting on an overpass to take the outer ring rd hwy121 over hwy11 to south of the city. Pile drivers are at work and access roads are under construction. Currently, you have to make the u-turns on the superhighway to continue your way on the ringroad. About time this was started.

Looks like construction is starting on an overpass to take the outer ring rd hwy121 over hwy11 to south of the city. Pile drivers are at work and access roads are under construction. Currently, you have to make the u-turns on the superhighway to continue your way on the ringroad. About time this was started.

Would be great if overpass for traffic; however quite an eyesore, all for progress I suppose

Would be great if overpass for traffic; however quite an eyesore, all for progress I suppose

the foundation work going on seems to be for an underpass. i might be wrong though.

the foundation work going on seems to be for an underpass. i might be wrong though.

Underpass or overpass I don't mind - any pass is better than none and if it's done quickly then all the better. Lets hope work picks up on the other partially built bits as well.

For me, the construction on the super is no problem. I haven't travelled the sections with construction for almost two years now. The middle roads do great, for me. And, it seems, many others have also found alternatives...

For me, the construction on the super is no problem. I haven't travelled the sections with construction for almost two years now. The middle roads do great, for me. And, it seems, many others have also found alternatives...

The current underpass construction on Highway 11 hasn't been as disruptive to the flow of traffic as was the construction on the middle ring road. The wider U-turns set up on Highway 11 make the current detours function like a large traffic circle (roundabout) and generally keeps things moving without the safety issues caused by the narrow, sharp U-turns that were set up during the middle ring road underpass construction.

> Would be great if overpass for traffic; however quite an

> eyesore, all for progress I suppose

Everything that could reasonably be considered 'city' gets underpasses these days. The outer ring road is so far out that I honestly couldn't call it an eyesore.. It crosses a major highway with nothing but factories and warehouses in that area.

Chiang Mai did end up with two overpasses in eyesorish places, the one at Airport Plaza and then the Nong Hoi intersection. Oh well.

Cheers,

Chanchao

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody know what is happening with the massive roadworks around the Makro intersection on the super highway? Underpass? Overpass?

and does anyone have an idea when completion is? Maybe we should have a prediction on this to spice this thread up. :o

Does anybody know what is happening with the massive roadworks around the Makro intersection on the super highway? Underpass? Overpass?

and does anyone have an idea when completion is? Maybe we should have a prediction on this to spice this thread up. :D

2550... Christian calendar :o

reminds me of the Wombles song......................underground, overground woundering free.....the wombles of wimbeldon......... :o

and does anyone have an idea when completion is? Maybe we should have a prediction on this to spice this thread up. :o

Seems like the construction of the other two underpasses on Highway 11 has been ongoing for at least the past two years, so I don't see why the work at Nong Prathip junction should be any faster than that.