International Or English Speaking School In Chiang Rai

roamp

Sorry to drag an old thread up but are there any new international schooling options in CR beyond primary level? Or is boarding in Chiang Mai the only realistic option?

We have enough problems finding a good international school in Bangkok (even the best come with problems). Prem in Chiang Mai is one of the most highly regarded, seeks to turn out kids with some sense of social responsibility as well which is good, comes at a price though, about 450K baht per year for a 12 year old, throw in another 250K if you want boarding....not to mention the other fees.. :o

Sorry to drag an old thread up but are there any new international schooling options in CR beyond primary level? Or is boarding in Chiang Mai the only realistic option?

We have enough problems finding a good international school in Bangkok (even the best come with problems). Prem in Chiang Mai is one of the most highly regarded, seeks to turn out kids with some sense of social responsibility as well which is good, comes at a price though, about 450K baht per year for a 12 year old, throw in another 250K if you want boarding....not to mention the other fees.. :o

Similar pricing to the fees I'm paying for my 3 children in Phuket at present.

The wife isn't too keen on boarding, so maybe more practical to buy or rent a condo in Chiang Mai and she could stay there with the kids during the week and then head to CR at weekends. Not ideal but until there is a reasonable option in CR, I can't really see much of an alternative. Either that or stay in Phuket.

• 2 years later...

Hello everybody,

We are from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia & have plan to move to Chiangrai next year with our two kids 13 & 11. They are currently going to a British Curriculum International School in KL.

Can somebody advice me on (1) Chiangrai International School @ Rimkok &

(2) Is there any other English School beside CRIS ?

Thank You & regards,

adrianKL2011