A Sailor And 10 Military Police Assaulted Shop Owner

Lite Beer

"He found that more than 10 military police of Sattahip sailor, Chonburi province, which were dressed in thier military police uniform were using batons to beat Mr. Charoenphong Pai-nern, aged 30, address 6 Moo 10, Tambon Nong Chan, Amphur Laemsing, Chanthaburi province. Mr. Suthas Eam-jorn, aged 22, address 32 Moo 2 Tambon Wangjan, Amphur Wangjan, Rayong province and Mr. Therdsak Khrootnoy, aged 34, address 207/27 Moo 7, Tambon Phlutaluang, Amphur Sattahip, Chonburi province, all of the victims got injured at their faces and bodies were badly bruised."

and can expect another visit in the near future to finish the job...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure one part of the story is missing. Why would the Naval MP's assemble just like that, and once leaving the base must secure permission and aproval of the base commander.

MP's would only go if one of the soldiers/officer wetre being held hostage or seeking help.

But then again im saying this based on entirely my personal military experience. I could be very well wrong here, after all its amazing thailandf.

Wouldn't be the first time the military was used for ops like this:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/SOI-10-DEMOLITION-Heavies-received-Bt20m-73176.html

Yet another reminder of the nature and character of our valiant police and military demonstrating clearly that they do not even possess the breeding of soi dogs. Owing to the prevailing culture this will be treated as a non event in this polarized democracy where justice and retribution is totally dependent on the cast of characters and not the actions.

• Like 1

So the naval police have some kind of beef with some guys that have been arrested and being questioned at the local police station so they decide to show up in full uniform and beat the living daylights out of the men being interviewed and the local police do absolutely zero to stop them.

From the videos all I could see was what looked like an aftermath of the beating and not one bit of resistance or counter violence from the cops. Just some poor guy on the floor screaming and bleeding without a single person attending to him (just some background talk about calling the ambulance).

This country defies belief at times.

Never get into any drama here and hope you never suffer any injury or fall because its HIGHLY unlikely that anyone would come to your aid!

Somehow I think there's more to this story.

Note to self: Thai military police are really tough guys (NOT!).

Disgusting behavior but the military here holds all the cards. And the fella involved is a navy captain which is equivalent to a colonel so he outranked all the police at the station! Doubt someone so high ranking will get anything more then a slap on the wrist.

If the captain outranks and has so much power then why did he flee so desperately like a coward.

Disgusting behavior but the military here holds all the cards. And the fella involved is a navy captain which is equivalent to a colonel so he outranked all the police at the station! Doubt someone so high ranking will get anything more then a slap on the wrist.

If the captain outranks and has so much power then why did he flee so desperately like a coward.

Why ask me? It's not as if I was there!

However, if I was there to settle a beef with someone, I think beating him up and leaving him bleeding on the floor means the matter is 'settled'. Why stick around and waste time?

OK, Enough already !! Where I come from, whats left of USA, this is an Aggrevated Battery, a Felony carrying a minimum of one year in prison.

Where do they learn this, just like everywhere else, from TV and movies. I hardly ever see a TV Series that does not have knifes, guns, pistols, 4X4's and anything else the producer can think of used on each other.

The next is the slapping of everybody. I was taught never to raise my hand to a woman, of course I am seventy eight years old, so when my Mother taught me that it was the custom of a gentleman.

Jerry

• Like 1

Waoo, absolut fantastic bit of journalism, even the postcodes crazy.gif

Now could someone from Pattaya Daily News translate that in to English please?

I might even understand what I'm reading. clap2.gif

Just wonder, do newspapers in Thailand just have a censor to edit and proof read

articles they publish or do they have editors and proof readers employed as well?

Exactly!

all I thought I am the only one who noticed that. Look below...

Mr. Therdsak broughtan an attorney to join in negotiation which Captain Thinnakorn asked for the indemnification for 200,000 THB but Mr. Therdsak bargained to be 50,000 THB that caused the dissatisfaction to Lieutenant Commander Pichit Petcharatthanu, aged 46, who is the subordinate of Captain Thinnakorn that was sitting in the investigation room...

What I understood is it was captain Thinnakorn who destroyed the property in the shop? Why he is the one to ask for indemnification and the husband of the shop owner bargained?

The captain act is like not a captain.

He showed to the people around that he was a captain so he could destroy anything he wanted.

Then run away when more policemen arrived. Why did he not talked to the policemen

in an educated way?

Once again everyone jumps in without knowing the whole story/truth. Has a club been formed too express themselfs without the facts??

First off, you will never know the whole story. There is never any follow-up in the news. Second,

it would never be any fun to make outlandish statements if you knew the boring truth.

If you are reading TV, don't ever think you are getting fair, honest and educated comments about life's most meaningful topics. This is TV.

sorry to say, but both comments are 'off topic': "A Sailor And 10 Military Police Assaulted Shop Owner"

on TV truth-facts-fair-honest-educated are most likely to be 'off topic'

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/SOI-10-DEMOLITION-Heavies-received-Bt20m-73176.html

off topic again. the topic was NOT about destroying bars in sukhumvit, but an assault & beating up a mobile shop owner

wondering that links to the nation are allowed but links to bangkok post are NOT allowed on TV?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quod_licet_Iovi,_non_licet_bovi (bovi = buffalo)

off topic again. the topic was NOT about destroying bars in sukhumvit, but an assault & beating up a mobile shop owner

wondering that links to the nation are allowed but links to bangkok post are NOT allowed on TV?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quod_licet_Iovi,_non_licet_bovi (bovi = buffalo)

Actually, not totally off topic. The topic is about military police doing unscrupulous things.

If you are curious about the Bangkok Post policy, please read our forum rules. The reasons are there.

According to the (very painful to read) PDN story:

"and found that more than 10 military police of Sattahip sailor, Chonburi province, which were dressed in thier military police uniform were using batons to beat "

"...that caused the dissatisfaction to Lieutenant Commander Pichit Petcharatthanu, aged 46, who is the subordinate of Captain Thinnakorn that was sitting in the investigation room then he walked out to order his 30 subordinates that are the military police of sailors that were waiting around the police station to come up to use the batons to assault Mr. Charoenphong and Mr. Suthas that were sitting in front of the defendant detained room until both of them got injured."

"Mr. Therdsak went to notify the police to prosecute the group of sailors and the military police in the allegation of assaulting by more than 10 persons "

(I guess that's different than an allegation of assaulting by less than 10 persons).

So it sounds like it was actually about 32 people (2 officers and 30 subordinates) that piled into the Vios and made their successful escape by smashing through a police roadblock and dodging a hail of rubber bullets !

Rubber bullets ? Seriously ? Normally only issued for crowd control, not regular day-to-day police activities. And from those videos, it doesn't appear that any attempt was made to stop anyone from leaving the police station.

There's normally no love lost between the police and the military to begin with. To think that the police would let any car "smash" through their roadblock and only use rubber bullets to try and stop them ?

Remind me to never get hurt in a police station. Seeing the guy on the floor with a puddle of blood around his head and no one trying to help him (but lots making videos apparently) really makes me wonder.

32 people in a Vios?? Don't think even Jeremy Clarkson on a good day would manage that.

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

A post using bold font has been removed, stop using bold font when posting.

Another post arguing moderation policy has been removed as per forum rules, please read up and become familiar with the forum rules that you agreed to abide by when you signed on to Thai Visa, follow this link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Ooh err,

Didn't know about the Phuketwatsit bit. Don't live there but read it. Will have to be more careful.

You Mods must be walking a real tightrope.

I have the Benny Hill theme tune going round and round in my head reading this! Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ha ha.

Not so much the tune but the ladies chasing him lol.

Da-mn, off topic yet again and my Smileys won't work.

PS: Sent from my steam powered laptop with a system I'm probably not allowed to mention. Well, it's that time of night!

Edited by Bpuumike