Bad-mouth Brit beggar gets rough Phuket lesson

webfact

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More racist and off topic posts and replies to them removed. Members have been warned already to back off on the racist comments. Further such posts will be removed without notice and likely members warned or suspended for continuing to do so.

• Like 1

"Witnesses say...." but nothing about what the victim of this assault had to say, and yet readers on this forum are so quick to jump to conclusions and believe what might be a falsity, with absolutely no statement made by the victim. The real story could be the extreme opposite of what was reported in this story, I have to say very bad journalism, to the point of being yellow.

You may be right, but posters can only comment on what they read.

• Like 1

We were walking through Big C here in Pattaya 2 days ago and a farang came up to my wife and rather aggressively asked for donations to his charity. She threatened to contact the store manager and he took off quickly. Seems to be the thing to do these days.

yes it certainly is ......happening frequently ..not only in thailand but in oz as well ...u get a snide remark if u pass ...i tell them to FXXK off in no uncertain manner ....everyone knows they keep the dough ... i remember years back near soi po a guy soliciting for money for a charity ....that night at a massage joint he was there and cornered the three best lookers in the place .....

Well Mr Bitter and twisted, it's still a pretty good place to live that's why so many people from every corner of the planet wants to call it home. What you describe above is called history. With that chip-on-shoulder tirade I hazard a guess you emanate from a former penal colony?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I personally don't accept that Britain is still a "pretty good place to live" at least for the native Brits of 50+ years ago. I was horrified when I returned 3 years ago. All around me in a main shopping area in a big city were obvious immigrants, whilst those that initially were not so immediately obvious were speaking a foreign tongue. I felt like I was an outcast in my own country! . It is now over-run with immigrants from everywhere,

You talk about being horrified when you returned home to Britain and found the place over run with immigrants.........Yet you display the Irish flag as your avator?

So are you British or Irish? If you are Irish living in Britain surely that makes you an immigrant too.

It was not me who said that, but I agree with it.

Small minorities earn most countries a bad name - my Thai partner can't understand why people make jokes about Thai brides and so on in the UK - The vast majority of Thais are not running around looking for a rich farang and the vast majority of British tourists aren't drunken louts. The point is no matter where people are they never notice "normality" only the bad things. I don't think this sort of thing has anything to do with visa regulations that are as tough and stupid in Thailand as they are in many other countries such as the UK, USA and Australia - you should not deal with bad people by penalising the majority of good people.

If visitors behave like this anywhere they should be deported back to whatever country they came from and the originating country should be given the bill for doing so.

I don't see why a law abiding person who lives in country using their own financial means should be subject to constant visa applications - anywhere in the world

Agreed.

a crime to beg ? who are to tell me who i can and can not help ?? should be a crime not to help humans in need.

Seems the guy might whack you if your small change was inadequate eh............coffee1.gif

Did he ever attack anyone ? … can you really justify violence in exchange for words ?

Think you should read the OP again, if this guy approached my mrs in an unfriendly way for cash, he would be perhaps in the same condition.

Agreed.

Well Mr Bitter and twisted, it's still a pretty good place to live that's why so many people from every corner of the planet wants to call it home. What you describe above is called history. With that chip-on-shoulder tirade I hazard a guess you emanate from a former penal colony?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I personally don't accept that Britain is still a "pretty good place to live" at least for the native Brits of 50+ years ago. I was horrified when I returned 3 years ago. All around me in a main shopping area in a big city were obvious immigrants, whilst those that initially were not so immediately obvious were speaking a foreign tongue. I felt like I was an outcast in my own country! . It is now over-run with immigrants from everywhere, with many wrongly benefiting from the welfare system, all paid for by high taxation on those that work plus pensioners.. Yet those of us who dare to leave are penalised with our frozen pensions and inability to access the free health care that we have paid for during all the years we lived there. But if you Mr Bushman believe the UK is the Dog's <deleted> -so be it! I shall not be returning.

Pattaya could be considered the reverse - full of non Thais all speaking different languages. But at least they pay for everything they have, - no government handouts, no housing grants, no free healthcare, and when their money runs out, they are no longer permitted to stay. And if they break the law they will almost certainly and quite correctly, be deported.

Excellent post Nick, I could not agree more.

• Like 1

Clearly a true English gentleman!

Get the Embassy to get him a clean shirt and pants and throw him on the next plane to the UK with a do not readmit stamp on the passport.

Oh no, he'd end up sitting next to me with my usual luck!

The English belong to an ethnic group. The correct term for this 'gentleman' is British Pakistani, a title his fellows prefer to use.
  • Like 2

I suppose that the guy not being an indigenous Englishman makes this man`s behaviour even worse according to some posters.

The guy was only begging and even if aggressively, not exactly a crime against humanity, is it?

Dumb and Dumber.

I agree with your sentiments about begging not being a crime against humanity, regardless of nationality.

Aggressive begging though can be viewed as intimidation or a type of standover tactic to gain money; generally considered a crime.

In this case, it appears it was the beggars verbal abuse that someone took a dislike to and they responded with physical force. Dumb and dumber indeed.

• Like 1

"Witnesses say...." but nothing about what the victim of this assault had to say, and yet readers on this forum are so quick to jump to conclusions and believe what might be a falsity, with absolutely no statement made by the victim. The real story could be the extreme opposite of what was reported in this story, I have to say very bad journalism, to the point of being yellow.

So the victim was just assaulted without any reason?

• Like 1

And people wonder why the Thai's are so against over stay visa.

Simple solution forget about medical treatment. Take him and his passport to jail long enough to hose him down. Get the Embassy to get him a clean shirt and pants and throw him on the next plane to the UK with a do not readmit stamp on the passport.

Oh Yeah video the whole thing and put it on Youtube for others to see so that they do not get the same idea.

Hell it is bad enough with the Thais begging without these guys.

Thais are so against over stay? Which Thais are these?

Why not throw every Thai that rides his motorbike against traffic into Jail until he rots?

Why not cut the finger off every Thai male that has let one finger nail grow just so he can use it as a shovel to pick his nose in Public?

There are lots of things wrong on both sides of the fence. Condone them or not, but be careful about going all "Judge Dredd" on a stupid news article

• Like 1

A Brit...................cheesy.gif ..............................Gawd,................. glad I am English.............thumbsup.gif

Anglo Saxon, born and bred.

There used to be an aggressive elderly English beggar on BKK Suk but haven't seen him for many months.

I 'sparked' him out, he won't ever be back....

A post commenting on moderation removed. Just a reminder of the forum rule that is being enforced in this topic which all have agreed to when signing up to Thaivisa.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

Is it a criminal offence to beg in Thailand?

Probably not. But there is a way to do it kindly, with manners, and there is a way to do it in an obnoxious fashion. Nobody likes an obnoxious or aggressive beggar. This guy got clocked, and the guy who clocked him should be praised. I got approached by a gal recently who claimed she was collecting donations for her school. She was so delightful and so pleasant, I gave her 100 baht regardless of whether or not I felt she was legitimate. The rude ones I ignore.

Section 397 Thai Penal code:

Whoever, in a public place or before the public, does, by any means whatever to annoy or bully the other person, or causes the other person to be ashamed or troubled, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one month or fined not exceeding one thousand Baht, or both.rolleyes.gif