Bad-mouth Brit beggar gets rough Phuket lesson

webfact

being a foreign beggar in Thailand. Can it get any lower than that?

Yes, it can get lower. The lower life form resorts to punching out a beggar, rather than just giving him a wide berth, and going around.

If the beggar is punched, then the next target may be the mentally ill, then the gypsy, then the gay person, then the black, then the Ozzy, then the redhead, then the lame...

Bigotry and hate is a sad thing indeed. The sadder condition is the ill person who condones it as a lifestyle.

Live and Let Live

"then the Ozzy"......................??????????????????

By "Ozzy", I assume you are referring to Australians.

You have lumped us in with people who are mentally ill, gypsies, gay, black, redheaded and/or lame.

Thanks mate, I am flattered that you think of us like that.

But you may want to do a refresher course in "How not to offend people on forums"...................... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Oh dear fellow don't be offended you know you are next !.. and i bet i could find these blacks, gays, gypsies, red heads and the mentally ill in Australia anyway :)

Edited by m30000
  • Like 1

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it can get lower. The lower life form resorts to punching out a beggar, rather than just giving him a wide berth, and going around.

If the beggar is punched, then the next target may be the mentally ill, then the gypsy, then the gay person, then the black, then the Ozzy, then the redhead, then the lame...

Bigotry and hate is a sad thing indeed. The sadder condition is the ill person who condones it as a lifestyle.

Live and Let Live

You have lumped us in with people who are mentally ill, gypsies, gay, black, redheaded and/or lame.

But you may want to do a refresher course in "How not to offend people on forums"...................... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

No offense intended. Please re-read what I wrote. These are examples of sample groups that extreme persons might target. Please replace "Ozzy" with "Bulgarians". I believe they are less prone to offense.

As an American, I have a fond regard for Austrailians. Sorry if I came across otherwise.

By the way, I take a personal inventory regularly, to make amends for any injuries or offenses on TVF or otherwise. Others may benefit from the same.

One Day at A Time

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 2

The funniest thing is that all the tough guy fools saying things like ''if he behaved like this to me in the UK I'd have done the same..." are talking through the back of their necks.

If some loony was wandering around begging in an aggressive manner, I'd wager they'd all start staring at their feet, finding the beer mat or advert on the wall for the Christmas Dinner and disco very interesting all of a sudden, while praying intently "Please don't some over here"....

• Like 1

The funniest thing is that all the tough guy fools saying things like ''if he behaved like this to me in the UK I'd have done the same..." are talking through the back of their necks.

If some loony was wandering around begging in an aggressive manner, I'd wager they'd all start staring at their feet, finding the beer mat or advert on the wall for the Christmas Dinner and disco very interesting all of a sudden, while praying intently "Please don't some over here"....

Your actions in a similar situation are not relevant..................rolleyes.gif

Unless they're unfortunate enough to be either physically or mentally challenged and can't earn for themselves, I've never understood why beggars think I should go to work and then give them some of the proceeds so that they don't have to. There's enough unfortunates in Thailand without scum like this guy leeching off the public.

Hope he gets deported.

I think he said he was raising money for a decent cricket team to replace the one losing the Ashes in Australia at the moment.....cheesy.gifbiggrin.pngtongue.pngcoffee1.gif

Live and Let Live

na mate he meant Ozzy Osborne not us colonials.

• Like 1

Unless they're unfortunate enough to be either physically or mentally challenged and can't earn for themselves, I've never understood why beggars think I should go to work and then give them some of the proceeds so that they don't have to. There's enough unfortunates in Thailand without scum like this guy leeching off the public.

Hope he gets deported.

Happens all the time in the U.K. and elsewhere, they call it social security, the dole or whatever, you go to work and pay those that don't want to.

• Like 1

Well done whoever laid him outthumbsup.gif mind you if he was in England he would probably be suing his attacker for breach of human rights by nowwhistling.gif

Common Assault is a criminal offense in the UK. The suit against the perpetrator would most likely be for the criminal conduct and injury, and probably not a human rights issue.

Anyone who assaults someone for speech alone, however inflammatory, would do wisely to articulate the mitigating circumstances in court and retain good legal counsel.

Oh, I see. So the innocent victim is supposed to wait around and let the self-announced thug deliver the first blow. Or better, turn your back on him and just assume you (& your wife, family?) can walk away safely. Very sensible. Right.

It's not a question of mere "inflammatory" speech. I doubt this hood was insulting anyone's politics, religion, or fashion accessories...to make them hand over their money. "Threatening" speech and extortion is a horse of a different color there, Perry Mason. When you start threatening and intimidating passersby on the street, you cross a line. This guy crossed it. 'Was crossing it repeatedly according to witnesses. Obviously some here can't distinguish between the criminal and the victim...

Possible mental case, you say? OK, let's go down that road. A person with mental issues can be just as dangerous as a normal person. SOME would even suggest that a person who routinely exhibits such aggressive behavior and/or commits crimes is by definition disturbed! The layman encountering such behavior in real time has NO WAY of making this assessment affecting his own safety. And the victim is NOT obliged to risk his own safety to find out!

Bottom line. This guy's defenders are overthinking what actually happened, finding all sorts of far-fetched excuse and justification for what was clearly a pattern of thuggish behavior being perpetrated against totally innocent passersby. The world needs less, not more of this, and tolerance for it will only lead to more of it. This fellow got his just desserts, or, if you prefer, an "intervention" for his own, as well as the public, good.

No one knows the whole story ...Less guessing please.

Edited by m30000

Good so !!!!

Whoever hit him should have hit him harder, it's scum like him that gives the rest of us from the UK a bad name.

Sadly theres more than adequate mufti-national scum to go around including uk to maintain 'bad names".

What kind of "quantum physicist" does it take to assault a beggar, unless the beggar was assaulting him?

So many on TV applaud the beggar being beat up. Amazing Thailand indeed.

The way he was carrying on he deserved what he got.

Fighting in self defense and/or no other options available seems to be a reasonable philosophy. Beating up an obnoxious person because you believe you will prevail and show him what a man you are is not a philosophy that much interests some.

I recall a drunk thai beggar on crutches as he lost part of one leg. The guy literally grabbed peoples arms not letting go trying to get money. I forcefully pulled my arm away on occasion. Probably would have won a fight with him but for what? I cannot see any threat to my safety nor would I feel proud or righteous in doing so. Additionally it was apparent that the guy had an alcohol problem at the very least. they don't mentate normally so what would be achieved in beating him up? Would a beating make him tink normally? Would it make him get sober? More than a few recovering alcoholics have remarked how a few days in police lockup was a terrible experience and a wake up call to getting sober.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

Well done whoever laid him outthumbsup.gif mind you if he was in England he would probably be suing his attacker for breach of human rights by nowwhistling.gif

Common Assault is a criminal offense in the UK. The suit against the perpetrator would most likely be for the criminal conduct and injury, and probably not a human rights issue.

Anyone who assaults someone for speech alone, however inflammatory, would do wisely to articulate the mitigating circumstances in court and retain good legal counsel.

Oh, I see. So the innocent victim is supposed to wait around and let the self-announced thug deliver the first blow. Or better, turn your back on him and just assume you (& your wife, family?) can walk away safely. Very sensible. Right.

It's not a question of mere "inflammatory" speech. I doubt this hood was insulting anyone's politics, religion, or fashion accessories...to make them hand over their money. "Threatening" speech and extortion is a horse of a different color there, Perry Mason. When you start threatening and intimidating passersby on the street, you cross a line. This guy crossed it. 'Was crossing it repeatedly according to witnesses. Obviously some here can't distinguish between the criminal and the victim...

Possible mental case, you say? OK, let's go down that road. A person with mental issues can be just as dangerous as a normal person. SOME would even suggest that a person who routinely exhibits such aggressive behavior and/or commits crimes is by definition disturbed! The layman encountering such behavior in real time has NO WAY of making this assessment affecting his own safety. And the victim is NOT obliged to risk his own safety to find out!

Bottom line. This guy's defenders are overthinking what actually happened, finding all sorts of far-fetched excuse and justification for what was clearly a pattern of thuggish behavior being perpetrated against totally innocent passersby. The world needs less, not more of this, and tolerance for it will only lead to more of it. This fellow got his just desserts, or, if you prefer, an "intervention" for his own, as well as the public, good.

No one knows the whole story ...Less guessing please.

Yes. It's called "imperfect information", and people are forced to make decisions, major & minor, based on it all the time. In this case, the witness statements provide a pretty clear picture of what was going on. This thug's supporters are the ones guessing & speculating.

If you have one of these then you're British. How difficult is that to understand?

passport_zpsddb5e011.jpg

But half the planet now has one of those............sad.png

Around 65 million have one of those which is approximately 0.01% of the population of the planet which is actually irrelevant to my post. The fact remains that what defines a 'Brit' is possession of a British Passport not their name or skin colour.

If you have one of these then you're British. How difficult is that to understand?

passport_zpsddb5e011.jpg

But half the planet now has one of those............sad.png

Around 65 million have one of those which is approximately 0.01% of the population of the planet which is actually irrelevant to my post. The fact remains that what defines a 'Brit' is possession of a British Passport not their name or skin colour.

Hmmmmmmmm, why can't they print English on my PP....sad.png

If I do something wrong I want the tabloids to state....English guy did...........NOT folk think an English, Scot or Welsh guy did..............facepalm.gif