Good tv series

beechbum

Just watching The Bridge which I am really enjoying.

Seen the original, very good

Some of the excellent Scandinavian TV series don't translate too well when remade in (US) English ('The Killing' is an example that was eventually cancelled in the US.

However, the exception certainly is 'The Bridge (US)', with excellent casting and the US/Mexico border setting in El Paso lends authenticity to the show's events.

Also just finished watching season 3 of 'Borgen', which I also recommend (watch the first two seasons first).

DL'ing The 1st 13 episodes of The Bridge now, cheers.

Another funny ones "Archer" if you have a twisted sense of humour, it's animated but very funny, the mother from "Arrested development" does a voice in it.

Edited by beechbum

Seen the original, very good

Some of the excellent Scandinavian TV series don't translate too well when remade in (US) English ('The Killing' is an example that was eventually cancelled in the US.

However, the exception certainly is 'The Bridge (US)', with excellent casting and the US/Mexico border setting in El Paso lends authenticity to the show's events.

Also just finished watching season 3 of 'Borgen', which I also recommend (watch the first two seasons first).

Yes Borgen was very good as well.

UK or US? i like the UK one with Stanis Baratheon a lot (its called the tunnel actually), hated the US one even through its the identical story

Sons of Anarchy is awesome but just finished the most recent season

Chicago Fire and Blacklist are both OK if there is nothing else on

and for anyone who hasn't seen them, best TV shows of all time, Spartacus and Breaking Bad

Edited by stevehaigh

Yeah, Sons Of Anarchy, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad are all worth a watch. A few that haven't been mentioned:

Comedy: Community and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Sci-Fi: Eureka and Falling Skies.

Drama: Dexter, Hannibal and Top Of The Lake (Shot by Jane Campion about a Luk Kreung)

• Like 1

Yeah, Sons Of Anarchy, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad are all worth a watch. A few that haven't been mentioned:

Drama: Dexter, Hannibal and Top Of The Lake (Shot by Jane Campion about a Luk Kreung)

Just watching Top of the Lake now. Fifth ep. Can pick a few holes in it, but generally very good, as you'd expect from Campion. Also revisiting Game of Thrones, which is superb. And Deadwood.

Sons; turned into a soup the last season

Walking Dead IF you're into zombies (might as well mention True Blood)

Boardwalk Empire; another mafia show (boring)

Breaking Bad; Brilliant

The rest you've mentioned not like at all.

A unknown diamond is Damages

Old but very good; Deadwood-The Wire-Entourage-Bellicher(Dutch but worthwhile)

• Like 1