BANGKOK
beechbum

Good tv series

Regarding Farscape:
Not heard about this but always give credit to recommendations on here ( and imdb) and it sounds like a great program for some serious bingeing !! , 22 episodes a season !!

Quick question, reading a review on imdb it says that it was cancelled after 4 seasons but left open a cliffhanger which, due to public demand, was resolved with a short mini series in 2004 .
Looking at downloading this, so the 4 seasons and the mini series ( The Peacekeeper Wars ) is what I need ??
Just downloaded and watched the first few episodes,used to like the series, unfortunatly it seems a little "simple" now more for younger viewers, shame but just deleted it,going to give the Sopranoes a go ,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sopranos: along with NYPD Blue, The Wire and Breaking Bad it's credited with changing the face of TV drama productions.  Hope you enjoy it.

41 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Sopranos: along with NYPD Blue, The Wire and Breaking Bad it's credited with changing the face of TV drama productions.  Hope you enjoy it.

Agree, but, NYPD Blue certainly doesn't belong in that group. Substitute it with Deadwood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

add on south park for comedy<<<:-)

Edited by phuketrichard

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Agree, but, NYPD Blue certainly doesn't belong in that group. Substitute it with Deadwood.

Deadwood was undoubtedly excellent, but other than the genre, I wouldn't class it as groundbreaking.

NYPD Blue (and Hill Street Blues before it) broke the mould as far as production techniques with their hand held, fly-on-the-wall type camera work and storytelling that featured ensemble casts with secondary story arcs that overlapped to run for several episodes at a time and so on.  These two shows really did go on to influence TV drama in a huge way.  If you're interested, see this article: https://www.thewrap.com/steven-bochco-legacy-4-ways-nypd-blue-co-creator-changed-tv/

new show
Euphoria

Though at times hard to watch, Euphoria balances its brutal honesty with an empathetic -- and visually gorgeous -- eye to create a uniquely challenging and illuminating series, held together by a powerfully understated performance from Zendaya.

• Like 1

Far from a 'new tv series' - but happy to see that Netflix are now showing The Big Bang Theory 😀.

I wish they'd spend less on coming up with new films/programmes, and more on buying other films.  You can pretty much guarantee that when I enter the name of a film/programme I would like to see into the search function- it's not there......

Having said that, they have produced a few wonderful programmes that would never have materialised without their financial backing.

Stranger Things  series 3 starts on Thursday.  Netflix.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 7:03 PM, Flying Clog said:

''This Time with Alan Partridge'' on the BBC. Absolutely hilarious!

It was absolutely shocking.

Bosch on Amazon Prime is brilliant.
Just finished watching Loudermilk (Season 1 & 2). Season 1 started really well and got me hooked, but possibly lost it a bit half way, but I really enjoyed Season 2 and thought it was excellent all the way through. Can’t wait for Season 3.
Happy on Netflix is good (Season 2 out recently). Rake on Netflix is also good. I also thought Altered Carbon on Netflix is good (sci-fi). I also enjoyed watching Dead To Me and Good Girls on Netflix.
There’s tons of foreign dramas on Netflix and Amazon worth checking out. If you’re in the UK, Channel 4 Walter Presents has a large catalog of good foreign drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Utopia - UK channel 4 series that is currently being remade for Amazon.     Conspiracy Apocalypse if thats your thing.

Lasted 2 seasons in the UK - i think C4 lost their nerve. 

Watch the UK one first.   I doubt Amazon will be as brave with the subject matter.