Good tv series

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

"Long Way Up"

Following on from "Long Way Around" and "Long Way Down"

The older, and less fit these days, duo of Ewen McGregor and Charlie Boorman are on their bikes again travelling from Ushuaia to L.A. 

They are on prototype Harley Davidson electric bikes, and in the couple of episodes I've watched are having huge problems with range and recharging of these machines. 

May be of interest for some.

Funny i just downloaded the 3 parts ,if its as good as Long Way Up i will be well pleased as will the wife

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breaking Bad

Narcos Mexico is out and as good as the original 

I do like a girl I uniform 😯  

Posted Images

On 9/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, bert bloggs said:

Funny i just downloaded the 3 parts ,if its as good as Long Way Up i will be well pleased as will the wife

episode 4 is better than the 1st 3

See how 2 guys on electric motorcycles, (and one running gasoline,  plus a whole bunch of other's in 2 electric SUV's, 1 flat bed truck with a huge Generator plus a regular van

and untold amount of fixers, assistants, hanger oners plus plus)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/29/2020 at 8:43 PM, zzzzz said:

episode 4 is better than the 1st 3

See how 2 guys on electric motorcycles, (and one running gasoline,  plus a whole bunch of other's in 2 electric SUV's, 1 flat bed truck with a huge Generator plus a regular van

and untold amount of fixers, assistants, hanger oners plus plus)

I find the annoying thing about Long Way Up is that annoying, you know, Americanism that has, you know, crept into, you know, the way people are, you know, speaking these days.

One guy, you know, managed to get 'you know, you know' into one sentence. Its very distracting and brings nothing to the plate. The scenery is stunning but not taking the cold into account with battery powered bikes shows a bit of naivety. To their credit though they took two basically prototype electric bikes and trucks on the journey (albeit with a diesel jenny truck in reserve at times). I will stick with it, possibly with the volume turned down, you know. 

Don't get me started on the use of the word 'like' 😁

• Like 2

Good lord bird>>> about john Brown  ++

Grayson Perry's Big American Road Trip;  3 part series focuses more on American people and the politics. 

Edited by zzzzz
  • 2 weeks later...

Great thread, just what I've been looking for...many thx to Beachbum.

It's going to take a long time to read it all (I haven't got past the 1st 2 pages yet) so apologies if these have already been suggested: 'The Fall', a seriously good crime drama imo as a bit different from the rest. only 3 seasons, well worth watching.  'Hell on Wheels' & 'Deadwood', older western series (good writing & acting imo).

Cheers, Ray.

• Like 1

Thanks Beachbum, Hugh Laurie is a top actor imo so I'll certainly watch this one. Btw, another v good tv series that is a bit different from the rest is 'Gentlemn Jack' (sorry if thats already listed but still havent gone through all the thread :-))