Good tv series

beechbum

"Mob City" was a huge disappointment. And it looked so promising.

Love "Sons of Anarchy" and also "The Shield" (Best cop show ever)

"The Americans" looks good. Caught a few episodes last year.

"SportScience" on ESPN is great - it breaks down the science of sports and how it truly is "a game of inches" and even fractions of an inch.

It gets into the Metrics of angles, acceleration, speed, measurements, etc...

There are some clips on YouTube. Really fascinating stuff even if you're not a sports fan.

Edited by PHP87

Rome - an oldie but a goodie

I watch deadwood every few yrs, its THAT GOOD!

Rome is great and the Tudors is pretty good too

i watch 24 every few years. lets face it, all 7 seasons all have the same plot and stupid filler story lines but you've gotta love Jack Bauer

• Like 1

Boardwalk empire and game of thrones classics in the making IMO

Never liked the mafia series. Except the opening tune to the Godfather.

Game of Thrones, yes liked it a lot till I read all the books, now it's just old news.

Damages ! Nobody mentioned that did they? Nasty, nasty Clenn Close (or whatever her name is)

"The Americans" is a good show, only 1 series so far. 1970's cold war spy's type stuff.

Agree

I really liked this one. Second season is coming this year according to wiki.

for people who want to go back a few years, i was a big fan for 'Spooks' UK action/spy drama and 'The Shield', best cop show ever IMHO

That reminds me of Dempsey and Makepeace. I guess the main reason for teenager boy was the Makepeace part :)

harry-makepeace-foto.jpg

I like mostly spy, crime (Leverage style) or Prison break / Nikita type of series where individuals or groups beat the bureaucratic system.

Boardwalk empire and game of thrones classics in the making IMO

Never liked the mafia series. Except the opening tune to the Godfather.

Game of Thrones, yes liked it a lot till I read all the books, now it's just old news.

Damages ! Nobody mentioned that did they? Nasty, nasty Clenn Close (or whatever her name is)

Agree on Damages. One of the nastiest shows ever - Glenn Close is brilliant at playing one of the most despicable characters ever to grace the television screen.

You should check out Person of Interest, then.

i watched a couple of episodes when they first came out but thought it was a bit too silly

a couple of good scifi shows not mentioned yet are continuum and almost human. the latter has some good comedy moments

i also like some of the Canadian tv shows like arctic air

^^^Agree on Firefly. The final frontier meets the old west. Great stuff.

Yes, love it.

Good. I can watch it from the first episode...as I never have watched much tv before. Well here it goes. If the first episode doesn't grab my interest, I usually give up. But it sounds good.

There's also the film "Serenity" - same characters, just a film length episode. Well worth watching.

You should check out Person of Interest, then.

I watched few episodes, but to be honest it feels a bit boring and naive. IMDB score is 8.4, which I can not understand. Maybe it get's better after an while? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/

Thanks anyway for the tip.

Yes, it does get better - particularly the end of series 2 and beginning of series 3.

Although I had always thought Jim Caviezel to be a good actor, this series often proves me wrong! Coincidentally, while checking the spelling of his name, I came across this article:

"Someone needs to buy star Jim Caviezel an alarm clock, or find some other way to wake him up. "

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/review-cbs-person-of-interest-struggles-thanks-to-sleepy-jim-caviezel

Couldn't agree more. But still enjoyable.

best of 2013 UK tv here

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/series/best-tv-of-2013

the fall is excellent

top of the lake and southcliffe are good

i've seen about half on that list and they are all pretty good so worth checking out the others

also, people, don't forget The Daily Show and Colbert Report. back on this week after the holiday break. in case you live in a cave with no TV you probably already know, awesome American satirical news shows

• Like 1

Yes, it does get better - particularly the end of series 2 and beginning of series 3.

Although I had always thought Jim Caviezel to be a good actor, this series often proves me wrong! Coincidentally, while checking the spelling of his name, I came across this article:

"Someone needs to buy star Jim Caviezel an alarm clock, or find some other way to wake him up. "

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/review-cbs-person-of-interest-struggles-thanks-to-sleepy-jim-caviezel

Couldn't agree more. But still enjoyable.

His monotonic voice reminded me of Steven Seagal's facial expressions. :)

steven-seagal-actor-steven-seagal-lame-a