Good tv series

beechbum

i'm watching a new one called 'Intelligence' which is kind of a sci-fi action spy thingy, kind of Nikita without the cute star. anyhow, its ok if there's nothing else on.

I watched few episodes. The show is unfortunately not even close to Nikita when it comes to Intelligence of the series.

First episode was kind of good, but after that the serie was mixture of 9/11 scare and xenophilia in general. The Secret Service lady was cute though.

Few more months after. I continued watching this show. Now at it's 9th episode.

The serie is kind of good for people who wish to concentrate to the action, and not to the message. I did enjoy it quite a lot.

However it makes one wonder what is the underlaying message of this TV-serie?

+1 on Breaking Bad, American horror story, and Sons of Anarchy.

'Ambassadors' seems decent so far, as does 'Intelligence'.

Good, but not great.

'Falling skies' I quite like. 3 seasons in, and they're taking the story somewhere interesting.

Am I the only person that thinks the Walking Dead is totally overrated? beatdeadhorse.gifviolin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

I watched an episode recently, and everybody ran out of a fortified jail just after defending it from some guys with a tank.

Now, If the aliens from Falling Skies make a guest appearance on the Walking Dead, that would be interesting.

Am I the only person that thinks the Walking Dead is totally overrated? beatdeadhorse.gifviolin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

no. i like WD but its not a great story, just fumbles along with one zombie beheading to the next and nothing much else going on. there was a hint that someone knew how to 'cure' the zombies a couple of episodes ago but that seems to have faded away (for now)

i'm watching a new one called 'Intelligence' which is kind of a sci-fi action spy thingy, kind of Nikita without the cute star. anyhow, its ok if there's nothing else on.

But... but... the main reason I watched Nikita was the cute star...

post-35489-0-13823000-1394561460_thumb.j wub.png

Mind you, the "Intelligence" female interest seems to have a nice set of

post-35489-0-09504500-1394562072_thumb.j

teeth.

P.S.

The 2005, 6, 7 series of the same name - but different story - has an IMDB rating of 8.3!

So I'm d/l-ing that too.

Edited by JetsetBkk

Watched "The Tunnel" and "The Bridge", gotta say I thought the Tunnel was the better 2.

easily the best, i really like Stephen Dillane who normally plays Stannis Baratheon (brilliantly) in GOT. as Stannis, he is famous for never smiling but in the tunnel he is hilarious. i loved it where his son asked him the french detective's name and he replied 'Fifi Croissant'. that's now my new generic name for French women.

i watched The After and Bosch, both were very good but VERY frustrating know that there is no ongoing episodes in the works.

and i found a new one called Helix which is a sci-fi contagion kind of thing. seems ok.

"The After": just watched the first 30 minutes - absolute rubbish. Bad acting, bad script, ridiculous and annoyingly unreal situations, and a stupid Irish character with a bad accent who says "f*cking" in every sentence. Well, actually, that's probably the most realistic part of the whole show.

Edit:

Just watched the rest of it. The last few minutes are hilariously stupid. Just too ridiculous - you all must watch it! biggrin.png

Edited by JetsetBkk

Although not a 'series' as such, the BBC made a trilogy of television films featuring Bill Nighy as a M15 analyst, the final one of the three has just aired, and all are available as downloads. If you enjoyed such offerings as "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy", then these are for you.

The chronoligical sequence of the three films and their titles are:

1. Page Eight

2. Turks and Caicos

3. Salting the battlefield

They're collectively known as the 'Worricker Trilogy' (name of Nighy's character).

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 1

Anyone comment on Sherlock? worth a look?

I like Sherlock and I think Benedict Cumberbach playds the character really well, supported by Martin Freeman as Dr. Watson. I was apprehensive when I started watching it, but soon got into it and really enjoyed it. Una Stubbs is great as Sherlock's landlady, Mrs Hudson.

Please express why these series are good as well as what type of series these are.

For example "The Widower,true story", the title sounds ok, but "true story" sounds like it might lack the freedom of fiction and therefore it's likely boring.

I personally enjoy the science fiction series. Something to make wonder, what if.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few that I don't think have been mentioned on this thread................

'Love/Hate' - Irish crime drama from around 2010 4 seasons to date this is excellent

'Mad Men' - US Series about an advertising agency in the 60's

'Magic City'-- US series

'Benidorm'--UK comedy series

'Doc Martin'--UK series

'The Goodwife'--US series

'Mad Dogs'-- UK series

'Bates Motel'--US series

'Masters of Sex'--US series

'Nashville'--US series

'Grimm'--US series

'Hawaii Five O' --US series (2010)

Something for everyone here check them out.

For us science buffs : "How The Universe Works" .Can`t believe Ive missed out on this one,impressive graphics and music.It captivates me in much of the same way as "Cosmos" did waaaaay back. Highly recomended.