Good tv series

beechbum

23 hours ago, beechbum said:

Realy enjoying series 1 "Gangs of London" a little bit modern day Peaky Blinder'ish...

I had my first W(ar)T(er)F(*) moment when they shot up the Pikey camp, each episode after that just got more and more ridiculous. I stuck with it in the end just for novelty value but the Chinese cop was essence.

Will get back to earth with Better Call Saul tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I had my first W(ar)T(er)F(*) moment when they shot up the Pikey camp, each episode after that just got more and more ridiculous. I stuck with it in the end just for novelty value but the Chinese cop was essence.

Will get back to earth with Better Call Saul tomorrow.

thank goodness i was not the only one ,mass shootings with machine guns and not a cop in sight, it was ok ,but really.!!

• Like 1

Many shows are ending their seasons early with virus shutdowns preventing shooting of some final episodes.

Some affected shows include Blacklist, FBI, NCIS (s), New Amsterdam, Seal, SWAT, Young Sheldon and many more.

Don't be surprised if your show ends it's season abruptly.

• 2 weeks later...

"White Lines". Set in Ibiza, a 40ish year old woman goes there to try to find out who murdered her brother there 20 years ago. The plotline is not exactly believable but makes pretty good viewing. 10 episodes in the season, which I finished today. On Netlix

Edited by madmitch

Into American Basketball?

"The last Dance" follows Michael Jordans career with the Bulls and their 6 world championships

Last episode of the blacklist was weird,

1/2 life characters / 1/2 lousy animation

On 5/3/2020 at 8:32 AM, eyup said:

If someone says they like/d a show/film etc doesn't mean to say the next man will However, Dad's Army must be a good show!!! The BBC shows repeats of it at least twice a year lol

You submit that for Viz magazines readers opinions - good stuff?

BTW, why is there a Good TV series forum just in Phuket section, seems like a duplication of whats going on in the main forum and TV shows are not Phuket related?

23 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

BTW, why is there a Good TV series forum just in Phuket section, seems like a duplication of whats going on in the main forum and TV shows are not Phuket related?

The Phuket thread has been going since 2013 and concentrates mainly on tv shows, not movies. Also it is more about informing others of actual programs and, not being in "The Pub", generally doesn't attract idiot posts like the one above yours. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 8:50 AM, zzzzz said:

Last episode of the blacklist was weird,

1/2 life characters / 1/2 lousy animation

They explained in the beginning that they decided to finish the episode that had been half made before quarantine curtailed it. At times it was weird the way people were obviously talking to an empty room with the other character's profile being added later. The switching to animation was to get past scenes that couldn't be done with actual people without breaching isolation. Remember it had to also be done without all the technical crew being together.

It did the job, and enabled them to finish the season. Other programs just stopped without their scheduled last episodes.

I've just  watched the first episodes of two new shows. Interesting so far, but will see how they develop.

High Town - Murder, raunchy sex, drugs, partying, etc. Set in Cape Cod, a place I knew little of previously. Better than I expected.

Snowpiercer - Based on the movie from 7 or 8 years ago. It's about the remnants of humanity, who inhabit a gigantic, perpetually-moving train that circles the globe.

Some stuff I’ve been catching up on:

Save Me : two seasons of a London based program about a young girl getting abducted, loved the characters in this,highly recommend.

Preacher : 4 seasons of a completely off the wall ( think Hitler, God, a retarded son of Jesus, a preacher with god like powers and a vampire) lots of blood and killing with a crazy plot. Highly recommend.

Servant : 1 season of a weird young nanny and a mysterious baby drama. Recommend .

Mr Inbetween : 2 seasons of an Aussie hitman drama, plenty of “ hits “ and dark humour, can’t help but like Ray !! Highly recommended.

Reprisal : 1 season of a woman getting vengeance years later by a killing spree. Couldn’t get into this, too many flashbacks and confusing IMO.

Westworld : 3 seasons, wanted this to be good because fondly remember the movie but unfortunately too much talking not enough action for me. Gave up half way through season 1.

The Righteous Gemstones : 1 season of a hilarious messed up “ Billy Graham ish” family. Great cast , looking forward to more. Highly recommend.

If you like Danny McBride this is for you !! ( on a par with Vice Principals).

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 11:21 AM, madmitch said:

Brooklyn Nine Nine. Im not usually a big US sitcom fan but this is very funny in parts. Six series available.

Sorry but it's nearly a silly as the Thai soap's...I binned it. ????

23 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I've just  watched the first episodes of two new shows. Interesting so far, but will see how they develop.

High Town - Murder, raunchy sex, drugs, partying, etc. Set in Cape Cod, a place I knew little of previously. Better than I expected.

Snowpiercer - Based on the movie from 7 or 8 years ago. It's about the remnants of humanity, who inhabit a gigantic, perpetually-moving train that circles the globe.

not bad, you forgot to mention the star is a lesbian  ????

3 more that just started

" I know this much is true"  mini series, very good and recommend.

"Penny Dreadfull, City of Angels"

"Deadstill"

11 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

3 more that just started

"Deadstill"

The star is a lesbian ,of course she is ,how many new PC tv shows these days ,do not have ,same sex married couple ,gay or lesbian in it or mixed race couple ,?oh sorry forgot a trans or a bi . ,lol 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

3 more that just started

"Deadstill"

Should people mention when a star is a hetero? 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Should people mention when a star is a hetero? 

What there are Hetroes in new PC productions ? gosh i never . ime only joking mate ,i couldnt care less if someone is gay or any of a hundred "new"things ,just like it if they just got on with their lives ,like my cousin does ,and not constantly go on and on with parades and rainbow flags , etc.

ps just watched the first episode of Snowpiercer ,i saw the movie and thought it was bad ,the series is rubbish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

The star is a lesbian ,of course she is ,how many new PC tv shows these days ,do not have ,same sex married couple ,gay or lesbian in it or mixed race couple ,?oh sorry forgot a trans or a bi . ,lol 

The lesbian star of this show is a long way from the traditional gay married couple you're describing.

She is an alcoholic, drug using, law enforcement officer who cruises the party scene to pick up one night stands.

Snowpiercer - despite some pretty p1ss poor reviews on IMDb I decided to give it a go.

Well, the reviews were all spot on !, can foresee ridiculous plots every week spending too much time concentrating on personal problems other than a decent storyline.

But 2 things bugged me all the way through:

1) How big is this frickin train.

2) Why are they on a train anyway ?? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The lesbian star of this show is a long way from the traditional gay married couple you're describing.

She is an alcoholic, drug using, law enforcement officer who cruises the party scene to pick up one night stands.

the sort of Lesbian i used to go after back in the 70s in Camden Town ,????

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Snowpiercer - despite some pretty p1ss poor reviews on IMDb I decided to give it a go.

Well, the reviews were all spot on !, can foresee ridiculous plots every week spending too much time concentrating on personal problems other than a decent storyline.

But 2 things bugged me all the way through:

1) How big is this frickin train.

2) Why are they on a train anyway ?? 

1001 carriages.....the whole world is in deep deep freeze,

regards Worgeordie