Good tv series

beechbum

The Rookie S2 is available now. As its  mainstream tv its fluff compared to what is on the Netflix type channels but it is watchable. Some hot Asian and black actresses both in main and other roles. Mainly drama but with an edge of humour to it as well. 

Finally got to Top of the Lakes  China Girl, the second series. A bit heavy but the plot is growing. A lot of Asian hookers. Best lines so far about a top end Thai hooker 'She's wearing genuine Prada boots'. 'How many customers would that take?' 'Looking at her probably one'. ????

Also stumbled across an old Aussie film called "Malcolm'- far kin hilarious.

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1

Almost Paradise. Ex-DEA cop goes to Cebu and miraculously solves predictable drugs operation, sex trafficking, evil Canadian toxic waste dumper and nuclear weapon from nuclear sub so far. Predictable entitled Americans, and obnoxious Aussie drunks, but no shaven headed Brits in football shirts yet.

It does have two things going for it though- Samantha Richelle (she may have Instagram and Twitter sites- allegedly).

richwlle.jpg

Edited by Psimbo

I stumbled across a Canadian production called Cardinal. Very well done, there are four series of 6 in all. The books by Giles Blunt are also available on the Net. Basically about a detective in the fictional city of Algonquin based on Thunder Bay in Ontario, Production quality of Canadian series has vastly improved these days IMHO.

Westworld S3 was a bit of a struggle- very easy to miss things. Interesting googling to see where they filmed it- Singapore, bits of Spain and elsewhere for futuristic buildings. Thandi Newton didn't flop them out as much as in the earlier series which was a bit of a disappointment.

Killing Eve S3 was bang on yet again. Jodie Corner as the Russian cracks me up. Its quirky but that's the sort of stuff I like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I stumbled across a Canadian production called Cardinal. Very well done, there are four series of 6 in all. The books by Giles Blunt are also available on the Net. Basically about a detective in the fictional city of Algonquin based on Thunder Bay in Ontario, Production quality of Canadian series has vastly improved these days IMHO.

Westworld S3 was a bit of a struggle- very easy to miss things. Interesting googling to see where they filmed it- Singapore, bits of Spain and elsewhere for futuristic buildings. Thandi Newton didn't flop them out as much as in the earlier series which was a bit of a disappointment.

Killing Eve S3 was bang on yet again. Jodie Corner as the Russian cracks me up. Its quirky but that's the sort of stuff I like.

Found Cardinal ,some years back just finished s 4. first class highly recommend this series.

• 4 weeks later...

since many tv series are not being filmed i  found an old one from 2002

"monk"
still a great series, Tony Shalhoub is fantastic

The series was critically acclaimed, winning eight Emmy Awards, one Golden Globe Award, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4W2xmqjvx4

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing new lately due to covid but I found this Nexflix series that is king of interesting; The Umbrella Academy. Strange super hero marvel thing but done in a complete different way (kind a Pulp Fiction vibe) with a great soundtrack.

• Like 1

I searched on Netflix and found a Danish TV serie called Rita, it is quite different from what I normally is looking at. It is about a female  school teacher and what she is in to. Nice change to see and listen to something in my mother tongue.

3 hours ago, perconrad said:

I searched on Netflix and found a Danish TV serie called Rita, it is quite different from what I normally is looking at. It is about a female  school teacher and what she is in to. Nice change to see and listen to something in my mother tongue.

if you want to watch a great show that's in Danish, try The Killing. also known as Forbrydelsen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637727/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

Just watched a lovely film called, "Made in Italy" and was my sort of film and followed similar lines to a couple of others in this genre.

Liam Neeson stars along with beautiful Italian countryside, some attractive females and a dilapidated villa.

Reminds me of a time I spent in an old converted farmhouse in France and just love the village style life........what am I doing here?? Would love to live like this.

Ozark. About an accountant laundering money for drug dealers.

Yellowstone. Modern day cowboys working for a cattle rancher, land owner, and the fight to keep his land. Starring Kevin Costner. Some beautiful scenery, and some violence. Now watching  the third season.

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Ozark. About an accountant laundering money for drug dealers.

Yellowstone. Modern day cowboys working for a cattle rancher, land owner, and the fight to keep his land. Starring Kevin Costner. Some beautiful scenery, and some violence. Now watching  the third season.

+1 for Ozark.  I'll have to check out Yellowstone.

Did a quick search of this specific topic and I couldn't find anyone mentioning:

• Deadwood (3 season + Movie Finale) - One of the best shows. Ever!
  • The Wire (5 seasons) - Another one of the best shows. Ever!
  • Mad Men (7 seasons) - And yet another of the best shows.  Ever!

Also exceptional:

• Breaking Bad (5 season)
  • Better Call Saul (5 season and counting) - Prequel to Breaking Bad, but should be watched AFTER Breaking Bad.
  • Sopranos (6 seasons)
  • The Expanse (4 seasons and counting)

Either the search on this site is broken, or I don't know how to properly search within a topic.   OR, after 123+ pages of comments, nobody suggested any of these incredible shows.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:51 AM, asiacurious said:

+1 for Ozark.  I'll have to check out Yellowstone.

Did a quick search of this specific topic and I couldn't find anyone mentioning:

• Deadwood (3 season + Movie Finale) - One of the best shows. Ever!
  • The Wire (5 seasons) - Another one of the best shows. Ever!
  • Mad Men (7 seasons) - And yet another of the best shows.  Ever!

Also exceptional:

• Breaking Bad (5 season)
  • Better Call Saul (5 season and counting) - Prequel to Breaking Bad, but should be watched AFTER Breaking Bad.
  • Sopranos (6 seasons)
  • The Expanse (4 seasons and counting)

Either the search on this site is broken, or I don't know how to properly search within a topic.   OR, after 123+ pages of comments, nobody suggested any of these incredible shows.

The search facililty is rubbish!