BANGKOK 20 February 2019 06:11
beechbum

Good tv series

Much as I like Macy I could never take to this series after the superb job done by David Threlfall in the original version. I found the characters a bit too PC in the US version and not as willing to push the boundaries. Frank was probably one of the best British characters of its time.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't go as far as to say he's "one of the best British characters of its time", but, light years better than the US version.

Actually, can anyone say that a US series based on a British series is better than the original?

7 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

can anyone say that a US series based on a British series is better than the original?

There's all sorts of good series made in both countries and if someone doesn't like one, then, well you know...

Fell off the better call Saul bandwagon, but started watching again. So slow. Did they not pay the writers enough?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Fell off the better call Saul bandwagon, but started watching again. So slow. Did they not pay the writers enough?

Never got past the 6th episode. Exactly as you say too slow.

The Mayans.

Mexican gringos bike gang.

Utter tripe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beechbum said:

There's all sorts of good series made in both countries and if someone doesn't like one, then, well you know...

You are right there are many good series made in both countrys ,but Any British series that America has made has been utter rubbish , sorry but the truth sometimes hurts , ,new Brit series Mum ,really good , American version Mom ,terrible . uuggg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

You are right there are many good series made in both countrys ,but Any British series that America has made has been utter rubbish , sorry but the truth sometimes hurts , ,new Brit series Mum ,really good , American version Mom ,terrible . uuggg

Fair enough.

Mum isn't new by the way, it was from 2016.

Maybe one of the few remakes that worked well to me was the first couple of seasons of House of Cards. Spacey was superb. The final season was dross and I binned it after two episodes.

Going back in time All in the Family was the US version of til Death do us Part and pretty good for its time.