Phuket Tourist Police expat volunteer arrested on crystal meth charges

Lite Beer

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tourist Police = Idiots who want to be someone.

Better do away with all of them and teach some of the brighter police ( Are there any? ) to speak other languages

Heh, I am one, but the only thing I sell is my guitar.gif.pagespeed.ce.Rjd-vqhNlw.gif ability and my hansumness.................giggle.gif

Hmm.. doesn't that make you a gigolo or a toyboy? :)

That is terrible a person in a position of trust that should be looked up to.

I wonder why they mention 'Samsung Galaxy phone and other drug related equipment' in one sentence?

Yeah, even an iPhone has GPS and navigation in it. Necessary tools for a dealer. wink.png

• Like 1

Doesnt he know that drug dealing is an occupation reserved for Thais? Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good point. The article doesn't say anything about him informing on Thai's that he sold to - just the farang. smile.png

Farang is not mentioned in the article, only tourists. And with many Japanese and Chinese tourists as well in that area, his customer base could be for a big part non-farang.

Better do away with all of them and teach some of the brighter police ( Are there any? ) to speak other languages

Heh, I am one, but the only thing I sell is my guitar.gif.pagespeed.ce.Rjd-vqhNlw.gif ability and my hansumness.................giggle.gif

Hmm.. doesn't that make you a gigolo or a toyboy? smile.png

I hope so.................clap2.gif

In most western countries, they couldn't get hired to be mall security guards.

David

Your right, I am toooooooo old and my hansumness doesn't count sad.png .................laugh.png

Doesnt he know that drug dealing is an occupation reserved for Thais? Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good point. The article doesn't say anything about him informing on Thai's that he sold to - just the farang. smile.png

Farang is not mentioned in the article, only tourists. And with many Japanese and Chinese tourists as well in that area, his customer base could be for a big part non-farang.

Exactly. yet the only one it appears he has informed on, was the farang. :)

Tourist Police Volunteer busted for drug dealing in Phuket
Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_2013121512251050_vhHDQeElRjXF

Long-time expat and well-known Tourist Police Volunteer Garry Halpin confessed to dealing drugs. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: Provincial Police arrested long-time expat and well-known Tourist Police Volunteer Garry Halpin yesterday for dealing drugs to tourists and local teens.

Mr Halpin, 52, was arrested at the Chalong Villa and Spa last night, where he was in possession of over 18g of ya ice (crystal methamphetamine), drug paraphernalia, a digital scale and cough syrup.

“Garry was a tourist police volunteer who always helped the Chalong Police to communicate with tourists. He worked closely with police, and used this connection to convince foreigners that he could do what he wanted, right or wrong,” Lt Col Jarun Bangprasert of the Phuket Provincial Police said.

Police received a tip-off about the crooked tourist cop after a 25-year-old was arrested in Rawai on December 13.

Lersak Thaitae told police that he sold ya ice to Mr Halpin, who would then turn around a re-distribute the drug to tourists and teenagers in the area.

Police quickly scrambled a sting operation and had Mr Lersak call Mr Halpin.

“He was told that there wasn’t much left in the batch. However, there was enough for us to come in and make an arrest,” Lt Col Bangprasert said.

Mr Halpin was charged with the possession of a Category 1 Drug with intent to sell.

“He has accepted the charges,” Lt Col Bangprasert said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Tourist-Police-Volunteer-busted-for-drug-dealing-in-Phuket-23032.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-12-15

Exactly. yet the only one it appears he has informed on, was the farang. smile.png

Of course, he has to give the cops something to reduce his own sentence. the farang is the safe one to rat on. His life expectancy gets drastically reduced if he starts ratting out the Thais

• Like 1

Why did he rat out the guy he sold it to rather than the guy he bought it from?! Guess the BIB had no interest in finding out. Volunteer tourist police officer caught with drugs probably sounds much better in the papers than some Thai, whoever it might be.

Exactly. yet the only one it appears he has informed on, was the farang. smile.png

Ah, you were talking about the Thai guy.

I don't know who he informed on, except for the 1 farang guy. And since he was abusing a position of integrity, it made a lot of sense to go after him. But who knows what other names he mentioned. If there even are other names to mention that is.

Edited by stevenl

l wouldn't be surprised if more TVPs got caught up in this. You cant tell me he was the only one. More of these sad idiots will be defrocked

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by IrishIvan

A virtual "Thai finger point." smile.png

"That's him." - 8th row down - 3rd across.

http://www.phuket-tourist-police-volunteers.com/team.html

Did anyone notice that all the native English speakers only speak one language yet all the non-native speakers speak at least two languages and as many as six.

Aren't we lucky we speak the world's lingua franca!

Just don't show your truncheon in public mate :D