Phuket Tourist Police expat volunteer arrested on crystal meth charges

Lite Beer

Let there be no confusion Halpin is no fool he has been living here for over 20 years. He is and was never a civically minded person indeed quite the opposite. He joined the Tourist Police Volunteers to make money and that he did. Not just by dealing in drugs but by using other ways and means to further disadvantage others who turned to him for help. Halpin operated in the corruption den which is Chalong police station and I estimate this is just the tip of the 'ice' berg. Indeed this could potentially be the beginning of the end of Phuket if his prosecution is taken to a conclusion. And for those who suggest he is a kind caring family man should perhaps ask his wife who will tell a different story. Sent from my i-mobile i-note 3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I really like that you think you know so much about my family and Garry's wife as she is FAR from perfect. I am a very neutral and objective person (despite what people may perceive) and I do love his wife however she also deserves a lot of blame. You cannot judge ANYONE until you know the whole story, not just one side but both sides.

Know that explains the missplaced loyality i wasn't aware that abcd ect was related.Yes there allways is 2 sides of the story and u seem oblivious to the other side of the story well in denail actually,You are telling us he's having a tough time of things lately so that's a fair enough excuse to become a meth dealer PLEASE there is no excuse to become a dealer in misery and death i'm sure he's a great father and i'm sure he would wring he's kids necks if they went near that toxic shit.

But as long as he's dealing to someone's elses kids that's ok (father of the year in my book)

Sorry if i seem judgemental but im reading this from start to finish and i have formed my own oponion and there say i would be very close to the mark

no??

Nowhere did abcdefghi claim that the hard times he had lately are an excuse.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not directly no,but if you read between the lines she's been implying that the whole time.

You're pathetic. Don't say what I'm supposedly implying. What I have said is what I mean. Not that I have to justify anything to you.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like that you think you know so much about my family and Garry's wife as she is FAR from perfect. I am a very neutral and objective person (despite what people may perceive) and I do love his wife however she also deserves a lot of blame. You cannot judge ANYONE until you know the whole story, not just one side but both sides.

Know that explains the missplaced loyality i wasn't aware that abcd ect was related.Yes there allways is 2 sides of the story and u seem oblivious to the other side of the story well in denail actually,You are telling us he's having a tough time of things lately so that's a fair enough excuse to become a meth dealer PLEASE there is no excuse to become a dealer in misery and death i'm sure he's a great father and i'm sure he would wring he's kids necks if they went near that toxic shit.

But as long as he's dealing to someone's elses kids that's ok (father of the year in my book)

Sorry if i seem judgemental but im reading this from start to finish and i have formed my own oponion and there say i would be very close to the mark

no??

Nowhere did abcdefghi claim that the hard times he had lately are an excuse.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not directly no,but if you read between the lines she's been implying that the whole time.

Thanks for the explanation of reading between the lines. 'no excuse' means 'excuse'. So if I read between the lines of what you're saying you say 'she is using that as an excuse' when you really mean 'she is not using that as an excuse'. So you really do agree with her then, right? Or should 'right' be 'wrong'?

• Like 2

Let there be no confusion Halpin is no fool he has been living here for over 20 years. He is and was never a civically minded person indeed quite the opposite. He joined the Tourist Police Volunteers to make money and that he did. Not just by dealing in drugs but by using other ways and means to further disadvantage others who turned to him for help. Halpin operated in the corruption den which is Chalong police station and I estimate this is just the tip of the 'ice' berg. Indeed this could potentially be the beginning of the end of Phuket if his prosecution is taken to a conclusion. And for those who suggest he is a kind caring family man should perhaps ask his wife who will tell a different story. Sent from my i-mobile i-note 3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

no??

Before you open your mouth go and read my other posts. I have made it emphatically clear it is no excuse.

I did read your posts,and yes you havent made excuses,But you allude to the facts that he's ex wifes a bitch her fault,he's been set up quite possible.Your blaming everyone but haplin.You are only wanting to believe he's side of the story.Please take of your rose tinted glasses.The phuket provincial police nabbed him so i would say it's been going for awhile for them to step in,

Considering he has been under the protection of the chalong police, they had obviously had enough and caught the scumbag red handed from what i can gather.I dont symphasize for a meth dealer in a position of trust.Over the years he's obviously benn corrupted by the best learnt from the best i hope he hasn't had a hand in putting away any locals?? he will be mr popularity in the bkk hilton.

stevenl

No to imply something has a different meaning to excusing something.As is an assumption is to an ascertion she has not directly made excuses for him or condoned him she is defending him and he's actions which is bad enough.She would of been better to have zipped it up and steered clear of this thread,considering she is related and will obviuosly only have a biased oponion.I have read the thread and have based my opinion she wont agree of course but that's what forums are about.

stevenl

No to imply something has a different meaning to excusing something.As is an assumption is to an ascertion she has not directly made excuses for him or condoned him she is defending him and he's actions which is bad enough.She would of been better to have zipped it up and steered clear of this thread,considering she is related and will obviuosly only have a biased oponion.I have read the thread and have based my opinion she wont agree of course but that's what forums are about.

Please tell me what the hell I'm not agreeing with??????????????

• Like 1

stevenl

She (I presume 'she') has clearly said, numerous times 'he is in the wrong', and I don't see any excuses anywhere. Maybe some sort of explanation, but that is no way an excuse.

But I agree we all do read things differently.

• Like 1

stevenl

You are agreeing with nothing,i stated you wont agree with my opinion,

Yes you are defending him and supporting him as i would to,i never said anywhere that you should turn your back on him i said maybe you should of removed yourself from discussion based on the fact you are related and you have got a biased oponion.

Your oponion has know changed you have stated thes he's not getting bail he's pleading guilty and he's going to jail for a long time.My presumptions were based on oponion that i thought he was guilty and cleary he is.

I did word my original post wrong by saying you were making excuses as you were not my apologies, but you were laying blame on he's ex wife the thai drug dealer setting him up which was right he was set so the thai dealer can get off but it takes 2 to tango.

I dont derive pleasure on other peoples misery but i dont sympasize with meth dealers i have seen first hand the effects that,that purely evil drug has had on the young users and there familys it is a very sinister drug very dangerous.it literally tears familys apart.

stevenl

Yes you are defending him and supporting him as i would to,i never said anywhere that you should turn your back on him i said maybe you should of removed yourself from discussion based on the fact you are related and you have got a biased oponion.

Your oponion has know changed you have stated thes he's not getting bail he's pleading guilty and he's going to jail for a long time.My presumptions were based on oponion that i thought he was guilty and cleary he is.

I did word my original post wrong by saying you were making excuses as you were not my apologies, but you were laying blame on he's ex wife the thai drug dealer setting him up which was right he was set so the thai dealer can get off but it takes 2 to tango.

I dont derive pleasure on other peoples misery but i dont sympasize with meth dealers i have seen first hand the effects that,that purely evil drug has had on the young users and there familys it is a very sinister drug very dangerous.it literally tears familys apart.

You are blind. Not once have I said he's pleading guilty. Meth tears families apart? Dont you think my own family knows this? Do you not think people who are meth users could possibly turn into meth dealers? Then does that lose the sympathy card from you because they are now outsourcing to those you sympathise with and making a profit that will then be used to feed their own habit? It is a nasty nasty drug but it starts somewhere.

Under Thai law if you plead innocent yet cannot prove it then you will most likely receive a harsher punishment than if you had pled guilty. Either way this is not just going away for him, not something he is going to be able to buy his way out of.

• Like 1

stevenl

Anyway I'm done with you and your ignorant, ill-informed, and misread thoughts.

• Like 1

stevenl

Anyway I'm done with you and your ignorant, ill-informed, and misread thoughts.

Yes you have said that twice now.

Under Thai law if you plead innocent yet cannot prove it then you will most likely receive a harsher punishment than if you had pled guilty. Either way this is not just going away for him, not something he is going to be able to buy his way out of.

Sorry i was reading between the lines again.So he is now pleading guilty solely to recieve a lesser sentence or the fact that they caught him with 18 grams of meth??

stevenl

Do u think she decided to write back to u for the 2nd (& im guessin last time?) bcoz u made inaccurate statements that she felt she needed to justify????

Ive read every post on here and u seem to just come up with things in ur head that hasnt even been said yet u state it as fact?!

Really its no ones business.

So many claims about Gary taking money off people and abusing his position and trust.

WHY DID NO-ONE OUT HIM?

There is no shame in outing a bent police officer! Perhaps if these claims had been publicised, he would have been dismissed from the TPVs and maybe punished - a punishment which could have brought him to his senses - if these claims are true of course.

I'm not happy that so many people on this forum apparently knew about his dishonesty, but kept quiet about it.

A TPV (or any other police officer for that matter), should not take one single baht from anyone for his assistance, not should he/she use his position of trust to gain influence in any way.

I'm sick and tired of hearing such complaints, and not only in this specific case. There are some hardworking volunteers in the TPV programme and each and every volunteer who abuses his/her position needs to be kicked out of the force and harshly punished. Only then will people have faith in these volunteers.

It seems that a hotline number to report foreign TPV misdemeanors would be useful.

Simon

hi "Simon"

Why did no one out him??

Do u think it could possibly b bcoz the police station in which he worked were in on it all and were the ones who made (probly not the best word as no one can make u) mr halpin into the person he has become lately by accepting money amongst other things, only to give a cut of it to the police?

I know this as fact. Mr halpin was someone i knew 5 years ago and was a great friend but got lost in his personal problems, the mr halpin i knew wouldnt of become a tpv in the first place, the mr halpin i knew would of laughed at the thought of it. but his very influential, well connected and highly respected people whom he called friends made him promises and i guess he just saw dollar signs, when he was in need of money.

• Like 1

This Garry being savvy?

I don't think so.

I've also been here along time and could have had the chance to have Thai "mates" in high positions i.e. "connections".

Absolutely the last thing I want. Yes, you may get a couple of small favours, but, do you really want to put yourself under the power of these people? Best to remain anonymous.

The decision to deal drugs was very bad, but, to deal to Thai nationals was suicidal.

Not half as savvy as he and others think he is.

You never knew the guy, so how do you suppose to support your thoughts as fact?

Fact is that he was a very smart and very decent guy.

You also had no idea about the level of involvement he had with them long before any Tourist Police days and all for business.

Unfortunately, whatever turned his tide as evident by his looks in the photos, he possibly lost his savvyness a while ago.

I can vouch for this also. The gary i knew was very savvy and smart and the kind of guy whod give u the shirt off his back.

Sadly seems he has lost it the past year - two years. Feel very sorry for his family, kids and his mother who was one outstanding lady!

• Like 2

ABCDEFGHI....

im new to this site so if its possible could we chat away from these prying eyes? i am curious as to what family member of garys u r? u may remember me from around 4 years ago when gary had a huge party at the hilton hotel. i think most of his nz/aussie family was there and im sure ud remember me.

i am quite concerned about the state of the prisons here, no matter what u have done i dont think anyone deserves to be treated like that in those conditions, except maybe rapists and pedos IMO.

do u think theres a chance he could be sent to nz or aussie land to serve his sentence?

chan

Edited by ChanaRaphael
  • Like 1

stevenl

Do u think she decided to write back to u for the 2nd (& im guessin last time?) bcoz u made inaccurate statements that she felt she needed to justify????

Ive read every post on here and u seem to just come up with things in ur head that hasnt even been said yet u state it as fact?!

Really its no ones business.

Yes and i admitted i was wronmg and apoligised to her.Whats your piont???

5555 another new member to support her,funny really i can understand her signing up but u as well are you family to??

I have my opinion you have yours interesting i see you are very active allready are you going to as well as alphabet try and take over direct this thread to the both of your 1 sided oponions??,It's everybodies business it was brought up on a public forum where everybodie is allowed to read and come to there own conclusions.

I came to my conclusion early doors in this thread as what was going with the person guilty as sin sum num na to him.i was happy to leave sleeping dogs lie but she was like a moth to the flame and even more so now encouraging someone else to sign up and speak on her behalf.

ChanaRaphael, I knew Gary from many years ago when he first started work as a police volunteer. Since then, I've not stayed in touch with him (He is in south Phuket - I am in the north of the island). His arrest came as a big surprise to me because the crime that he's accused of did not fit the Gary that I used to know.

Nevertheless, if you have 18g of ya ice and weighing scales in your possession, then it's difficult to see how you can plead innocence.

As alluded to earlier in this thread, I know the effects that this drug can have on people. If Gary got hooked on ya ice, then he would do anything to get another fix.

Sad story

Simon

Thailand 2012.

No i am not a family member i am friend or were once a friend but we lost contact a couple years ago. I have not had contact with abc although would really like to and came across this thread from google thank u very muchly. seems u have a problem of making an opinion when u dont know what ur talking about. may i ask what nationality u r?

i no the halpin extended family a bit so feel i am allowed to say this and was very shocked to see the news this past week! from what i saw u were the moth to the flame going after each and every post with ur nonsense. decided to sign up seeing as it was someone i was once quite close to and a few comments were infuriating me.

Edited by LivinginKata
spelling comment removed
  • Like 1

ChanaRaphael, I knew Gary from many years ago when he first started work as a police volunteer. Since then, I've not stayed in touch with him (He is in south Phuket - I am in the north of the island). His arrest came as a big surprise to me because the crime that he's accused of did not fit the Gary that I used to know.

Nevertheless, if you have 18g of ya ice and weighing scales in your possession, then it's difficult to see how you can plead innocence.

As alluded to earlier in this thread, I know the effects that this drug can have on people. If Gary got hooked on ya ice, then he would do anything to get another fix.

Sad story

Simon

Very sad indeed, im wishing now we didnt lose contact so i could grasp some idea of how its come to this!

Very very sad. Does anyone know the penalty he could receive for this? Is death penalty possible?

stevenl

You are blind. Not once have I said he's pleading guilty. Meth tears families apart? Dont you think my own family knows this? Do you not think people who are meth users could possibly turn into meth dealers? Then does that lose the sympathy card from you because they are now outsourcing to those you sympathise with and making a profit that will then be used to feed their own habit? It is a nasty nasty drug but it starts somewhere.

The time for paying tea money was last week. Its got bigger than Ben Hur now

stevenl

The time for paying tea money was last week. Its got bigger than Ben Hur now

Very sad indeed, im wishing now we didnt lose contact so i could grasp some idea of how its come to this!

Very very sad. Does anyone know the penalty he could receive for this? Is death penalty possible?

No death penalty if he pleads guilty, which is what he seems lined up to do.

Lucky he doesn't live in Malaysia.

Edited by KarenBravo

So if he pleads guilty then they cant give him the death penalty? If he pleads guilty then how long in jail is he likely to face?

So if he pleads guilty then they cant give him the death penalty? If he pleads guilty then how long in jail is he likely to face?

I would be surprised if it was less than 15 years. I really couldn't say, but, at his age, his life is over.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if it was less than 15 years. I really couldn't say, but, at his age, his life is over.

Hmm thanks for that, I was just really curious and worried if the death penalty could b a possibility. Do u think he could b deported to serve time in his native country?

Hmm thanks for that, I was just really curious and worried if the death penalty could b a possibility. Do u think he could b deported to serve time in his native country?

No, not a hope. I think they have to serve two thirds (or, maybe half) of the sentence here.

No, not a hope. I think they have to serve two thirds (or, maybe half) of the sentence here.

Very silly mr halpin. He would of known the risks more than anyone which is what makes it so hard to believe he could be so stupid!