Phuket Tourist Police expat volunteer arrested on crystal meth charges

Lite Beer

You are sounding like an old hand here thailand2012, accusing people you don't know of something, in this case 'encouring someone else to sign up', simply because they don't agree with you.

Ummm i dont know old family friends i'm allowed to have my reservations.

I also stated that i was prepared to let sleeping dogs lie,move on but if newbies or anyone for that matter want to come here and challenge me i'm going to stick up for myself. (old hand not my doing)

I have an aggrieved oponion because i have seen first hand what this shit does to innoncent naive kids and there immediate familys,as far as im concerned these type of dogs can rot in hell.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the support ABC... and Chana. I wish you well

I've had a few public tragedies to deal with over here and advise you not to bite to the bile and rank assumptions you get from keyboard warriors. The reality is all these situations are unique and as you go along you learn to distill the reality. Choose trusted communicators to get your info as you move forward.

Who cares why he got into this situation, you're right, the best thing now is to limit the damage and help all the people affected.

Good luck

Edited by LivinginKata
comments removed
  • Like 1

Very sad indeed, im wishing now we didnt lose contact so i could grasp some idea of how its come to this!

Very very sad. Does anyone know the penalty he could receive for this? Is death penalty possible?

No death penalty if he pleads guilty, which is what he seems lined up to do.

Lucky he doesn't live in Malaysia.

Thailand rarely uses the death penalty on foreigners but as KB has indicated, he would be swinging by the end of next year had he lived in Malaysia or Singapore. Thailand appears to be the more relaxed country in the region. I am betting he does more than 10 years. And I bet there is a few people in jail that he really doesnt want to see.
  • Like 1

i am quite concerned about the state of the prisons here, no matter what u have done i dont think anyone deserves to be treated like that in those conditions, except maybe rapists and pedos IMO.

do u think theres a chance he could be sent to nz or aussie land to serve his sentence?

chan

If you are implying that the meth dealers are somehow above compared to the child rapist and pedophiles, you are wrong. A meth dealer mentally rapes the kids and their families, often for the rest of their lives.

Meth dealers take away the innocence of the kids and infect them with life long, deadly disease.

i am quite concerned about the state of the prisons here, no matter what u have done i dont think anyone deserves to be treated like that in those conditions, except maybe rapists and pedos IMO.

do u think theres a chance he could be sent to nz or aussie land to serve his sentence?

chan

If you are implying that the meth dealers are somehow above compared to the child rapist and pedophiles, you are wrong. A meth dealer mentally rapes the kids and their families, often for the rest of their lives.

Meth dealers take away the innocence of the kids and infect them with life long, deadly disease.

Don't worry surprisingly many prisoners put on weight in Phuket prison. A little money goes a long way in the Phuket Big House buying favors. And no doubt Garry's caring understanding family and friends will be visiting him daily and providing him with food and drink fit for an evil dealer in death.

Rubbish.

The victims of rape, sexual assault and murder have no say in their fate.

Anyone who takes a drug has made a choice. Dealers are in it for the money. If there is an exchange of money, both dealer and drug-taker are getting what they want.

There is no comparison.

Correct - and very little if any coercion to do so

• Like 1

Rubbish.

The victims of rape, sexual assault and murder have no say in their fate.

Anyone who takes a drug has made a choice. Dealers are in it for the money. If there is an exchange of money, both dealer and drug-taker are getting what they want.

There is no comparison.

I tend to agree, but would add, whilst the user is taking drugs for recreational purposes, their is a basic lack of criminality, mainly due to the fact the user can afford the drugs from their salary/savings. Not withstanding, the possession of the drugs is still a criminal act.

However, once the user becomes addicted, and their use of the drug/s has esculated to the point they can no longer fund their habit, legally, the user then turns to crime to support their habit, which has now gone from recreational use to a physical need. For men, it will be armed robbery, house breakings, muggings etc. For women, most turn to prostitution.

It is at this point, in my opinion, the issue crosses over from a crime/police issue to a medical/health issue.

I've never been an addict, but for the addicts, I would akin their need for drugs, similar as the need for food for the rest of us. I would challenge any member to state if they were suffering malnutrition, from whatever circumstances, that they would not steal so they could buy food.

It's an interesting argument. Many people around the world are addicted to alcohol and cigarettes. Let's take cigareetes for an example. If overnight a packet of cigarettes were to be $100US a packet - I am sure we would see a huge spike in crime rates, all around the world, and tobbaco is a "soft drug" despite it killing more people than heroin.

The crime caused by cigarette addicts would see the general public have the "lock them up and throw away the key" attitude towards them, because we all fear being a victim of crime, and rightly so, but at $10US a packet, for example, we didn't care about them, but at $100US a packet, we fear them, and want them incarcerated.

My point being, we fear the crime associated with the drug - not the drug itself.

• Like 1

If there was no demand, there would be no dealers.....users are usually not tied down and forced into it.

You make your choices to take drugs and for it to go further or stop.

So you're unfamiliar with the term "addiction" then.

Yes I am...but how did the addiction start in the first place ??

• Like 1

If there was no demand, there would be no dealers.....users are usually not tied down and forced into it.

Showbags chickens and eggs and what came first are not at issue here what is- is that a man of sound mind in the full knowledge of what he was doing made a career choice to deal in death and abuse the position of trust bestowed on him. He gambled he lost and must now spend the rest of his life with the people he was charged with protecting us from. For me that is a glorious 5 Star Sum Num Na.

Showbags chickens and eggs and what came first are not at issue here what is- is that a man of sound mind in the full knowledge of what he was doing made a career choice to deal in death and abuse the position of trust bestowed on him. He gambled he lost and must now spend the rest of his life with the people he was charged with protecting us from. For me that is a glorious 5 Star Sum Num Na.

yes and agree with all but the last sentence.....and that will always be the case with people that know the individuals that get in trouble and those that don't....they will always have different opinions based on previous knowledge of the said person or not.

• Like 1

@ showbags..;

yes and agree with all but the last sentence.....and that will always be the case with people that know the individuals that get in trouble and those that don't....they will always have different opinions based on previous knowledge of the said person or not.

Quite true, but very often..'with people that know the individuals" becomes 'with people that thought they knew the individuals"

The family member .... abcdefghi....."nice...caring...generous" man my foot. Don't try and blow smoke up our a**es.

Let's be clear about what we are dealing with here. Meth is a filthy drug, the very worst.....it is a killer. Even the addicts will tell you that after they were instantly hooked, they led a truly miserable, pathetic, life of utter despair and destruction, ending in death after their face collapsed, their teeth fell out and they shrivelled to nothing.

Take a look on the net at the before and after photos for meth addicts......stinking vile drug. Equally vile are those that handle and especially those who deal in this filth.

Anyone who even handles meth, in my book, is the lowest form of life on the planet and won't get a seconds sympathy from me.

A mere mistake by this "kind...caring...generous" man? No way......

Why is anyone who takes meth the "lowest form of life"? That´s like saying everyone who wears jeans are blind. It doesn´t mak any sense. While I agree that it´s a vile drug, and most likely will shorten your lifespan, but to condone meth users as some sort of lesser humans is just ignorant. And if people choose to do it, who gave you the veto to dictate what other people can do?

I did it a couple of times, years back, in Malaysia, (stupid, I know, since their drug laws are even harsher than Thai law), and sure it was a nice ´high´, but wasn´t really my cup of tea.

My point being, no one takes meth (or any substance) because they want to loose their teeth and/or get other health issues. You take <enter substance of choice> because it makes you feel good.

The criminality linked to drugs are almost entirely due to it being illegal. Legalize drugs and the crimes would all but disappear. The proof for this is seen everywhere were this is done. (Portugal, Holland/Netherlands, Czech Republic, Norway (Heroin assisting treatment), Argentina, Brazil (to some extent), Colombia, Guatemala, Ecuador, Honduras, Mexico, Uruguay (Never criminilized drugs in the first place), to name a few).

People all over the world are realizing that "The War on Drugs" is a HUGE failure!

And really, why should anyone (governments) have the right to dictate what you can and can´t use in your life?

I have had a motto for many years I´m trying to live by: Everybody should be allowed to do whatever he/she wants to do, as long as it doesn´t hurt anyone.

I know it has some flaws, but I think it´s a good rule of thumb.

What is life if we aren´t allowed to live it as we choose?

• Like 1

The family member .... abcdefghi....."nice...caring...generous" man my foot. Don't try and blow smoke up our a**es.

Let's be clear about what we are dealing with here. Meth is a filthy drug, the very worst.....it is a killer. Even the addicts will tell you that after they were instantly hooked, they led a truly miserable, pathetic, life of utter despair and destruction, ending in death after their face collapsed, their teeth fell out and they shrivelled to nothing.

Take a look on the net at the before and after photos for meth addicts......stinking vile drug. Equally vile are those that handle and especially those who deal in this filth.

Anyone who even handles meth, in my book, is the lowest form of life on the planet and won't get a seconds sympathy from me.

Why is anyone who takes meth the "lowest form of life"? That´s like saying everyone who wears jeans are blind. It doesn´t mak any sense. While I agree that it´s a vile drug, and most likely will shorten your lifespan, but to condone meth users as some sort of lesser humans is just ignorant. And if people choose to do it, who gave you the veto to dictate what other people can do?

I did it a couple of times, years back, in Malaysia, (stupid, I know, since their drug laws are even harsher than Thai law), and sure it was a nice ´high´, but wasn´t really my cup of tea.

My point being, no one takes meth (or any substance) because they want to loose their teeth and/or get other health issues. You take because it makes you feel good.

The criminality linked to drugs are almost entirely due to it being illegal. Legalize drugs and the crimes would all but disappear. The proof for this is seen everywhere were this is done. (Portugal, Holland/Netherlands, Czech Republic, Norway (Heroin assisting treatment), Argentina, Brazil (to some extent), Colombia, Guatemala, Ecuador, Honduras, Mexico, Uruguay (Never criminilized drugs in the first place), to name a few).

People all over the world are realizing that "The War on Drugs" is a HUGE failure!

And really, why should anyone (governments) have the right to dictate what you can and can´t use in your life?

I have had a motto for many years I´m trying to live by: Everybody should be allowed to do whatever he/she wants to do, as long as it doesn´t hurt anyone.

Thats fine to have those opinions. Be sure to voice them if you ever appear in front of a SE asian court. There is fair warning from the announcements on the planes, to the signs at the airport. Which says DEATH TO DRUG DEALERS. It is about as subtle as a sledge hammer.

Let me ask you this. Would Garry have been dealing in cyrstal meth if it were legal? No. Why? Because the profits are small. What would he have done instead to raise quick cash? Something illegal of course. It all comes down to risk and reward.

Pot dealers and smokers are the ones that really make me laugh...."oh its natural man..it comes from the earth blah blah blah its not addictive man...ohh its good sh**t man.." quick to rationalise it. But when they get caught with half a kilo of it selling to their stoned mates they wail.."oh its personal man". Go to Amsterdam if you want to be a junkie. Thats my theory.

Edited by IrishIvan

One sees the legalization argument raised so often in response to reports of high profile arrests and violent crime, it has to sink in, sooner or later, that it's a seperate argument. Raising it serves only to obscure the issues involved with the death and destruction taking place globally NOW.

If you want to argue that drugs are healthful and holy, and should therefore be legalized, have that debate somewhere else. Here, we're talking about the lives, all too often young lives, ruined by use of drugs such as crystal meth, or by involvement in their production, distribution and sale. "Ruined" is barely a euphamism for the butchery, other violence and destruction that also occurs the world over, and which EVERY SINGLE buyer, seller, and use IS A PART OF. It's about crime, violence, addiction, loss of one's independence, health, and self-respect, and about core values. It's not about some noble act of civil disobedience or brave movement for needed social change.

The arguments that drugs are no worse than alcohol or tobacco are also mindless distractions from the issues being examined here. I don't think there are any Mexican " tequila cartels" with links to Al Quaeda or leaving headless bodies in mass graves by the score. Tobacco actually IS illegal in a growing number of venues and its sale subject to increasingly strict controls, such as has never previously been the case, trends which one can only assume will continue. So save this discussion - we can see that it IS a seperate discussion - for somewhere else.

My point being, no one takes meth (or any substance) because they want to loose their teeth and/or get other health issues. You take because it makes you feel good.

Thats fine to have those opinions. Be sure to voice them if you ever appear in front of a SE asian court. There is fair warning from the announcements on the planes, to the signs at the airport. Which says DEATH TO DRUG DEALERS. It is about as subtle as a sledge hammer.

Let me ask you this. Would Garry have been dealing in cyrstal meth if it were legal? No. Why? Because the profits are small. What would he have done instead to raise quick cash? Something illegal of course. It all comes down to risk and reward.

"Thats fine to have those opinions. Be sure to voice them if you ever appear in front of a SE asian court. There is fair warning from the announcements on the planes, to the signs at the airport. Which says DEATH TO DRUG DEALERS. It is about as subtle as a sledge hammer."

Thanks for the heads up, but I didn´t realize I came off as oblivious to this. My point was that it´s silly with these harsh sentences regarding drugs. Murderers get shorter sentences than drugusers/dealers.

As I wrote, more and more countries are starting to decriminlize drugs and are seeing huge drops in crimes AND a decrease in drugaddicts. It´s beneficial in all regards compared to the stance on drugs we have today.

"Let me ask you this. Would Garry have been dealing in cyrstal meth if it were legal? No. Why? Because the profits are small. What would he have done instead to raise quick cash? Something illegal of course. It all comes down to risk and reward."

I have no knowledge of the guy, and I´m not trying to defend him either. But if he´s a user, I dont see why he wouldn´t be "dealing in crystal meth" just because it was legal. As for him needing quick cash, and would try to get it by doing something illegal is only speculation on your part, and has nothing to do with my post, so I don´t see your point on that one. Please explain.

My only hope is that Thailand (and all other countries) will follow suit with the likes of Portugal as quickly as possible. I´m convinced it will happen because "The War on Drugs" is just stupid. A war that never can be won, and only creates death and destruction. The question is just how long it will take.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Grass is not addictive.......

naive statement of the decade. Blasting 20 cones of hydro a day is not an addiction...too funny

There are different kinds of addiction. THC is not physically addictive. Meaning that you won´t get sick if you stop smoking. There can be a psychological addiction though. You want to smoke another joint/pipe/bong or whatever your prefered choice is, to get high, because it releases dopamin and other chemicals in your brain that makes you feel good.