Phuket Tourist Police expat volunteer arrested on crystal meth charges

Lite Beer

The family member .... abcdefghi....."nice...caring...generous" man my foot. Don't try and blow smoke up our a**es.

Let's be clear about what we are dealing with here. Meth is a filthy drug, the very worst.....it is a killer. Even the addicts will tell you that after they were instantly hooked, they led a truly miserable, pathetic, life of utter despair and destruction, ending in death after their face collapsed, their teeth fell out and they shrivelled to nothing.

Take a look on the net at the before and after photos for meth addicts......stinking vile drug. Equally vile are those that handle and especially those who deal in this filth.

Anyone who even handles meth, in my book, is the lowest form of life on the planet and won't get a seconds sympathy from me.

A mere mistake by this "kind...caring...generous" man? No way......

If you had properly read what abcdefghi wrote you would not have written this.

Nice experience though, I'm just curious how a meth addict can tell you after they died of their experiences. So meth is the best way to gain life after death?

• Like 2

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The family member .... abcdefghi....."nice...caring...generous" man my foot. Don't try and blow smoke up our a**es.

Let's be clear about what we are dealing with here. Meth is a filthy drug, the very worst.....it is a killer. Even the addicts will tell you that after they were instantly hooked, they led a truly miserable, pathetic, life of utter despair and destruction, ending in death after their face collapsed, their teeth fell out and they shrivelled to nothing.

Take a look on the net at the before and after photos for meth addicts......stinking vile drug. Equally vile are those that handle and especially those who deal in this filth.

Anyone who even handles meth, in my book, is the lowest form of life on the planet and won't get a seconds sympathy from me.

Nice experience though, I'm just curious how a meth addict can tell you after they died of their experiences. So meth is the best way to gain life after death?

What a stupid and ill thought out reply.

What happens before you die....could you possibly be alive? And able to relate your experiences with meth?

I have first hand knowledge of G. Halpin....do you?

I guess you also believe that "Meth is OK by me"?

<snip>

You harvest what you sow.

• Like 1

<snip>

abcdefghi is a family member and so I understand her (?) misplaced support. I did indeed read what she said and this is why I posted my views.

I know more about Mr Halpin that is generally known and it is not pleasant at all.

• Like 1

Let there be no confusion Halpin is no fool he has been living here for over 20 years. He is and was never a civically minded person indeed quite the opposite. He joined the Tourist Police Volunteers to make money and that he did. Not just by dealing in drugs but by using other ways and means to further disadvantage others who turned to him for help. Halpin operated in the corruption den which is Chalong police station and I estimate this is just the tip of the 'ice' berg. Indeed this could potentially be the beginning of the end of Phuket if his prosecution is taken to a conclusion. And for those who suggest he is a kind caring family man should perhaps ask his wife who will tell a different story. Sent from my i-mobile i-note 3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I really like that you think you know so much about my family and Garry's wife as she is FAR from perfect. I am a very neutral and objective person (despite what people may perceive) and I do love his wife however she also deserves a lot of blame. You cannot judge ANYONE until you know the whole story, not just one side but both sides.

<snip>

abcdefghi is a family member and so I understand her (?) misplaced support. I did indeed read what she said and this is why I posted my views.

I know more about Mr Halpin that is generally known and it is not pleasant at all.

I am not defending him at all. Your initial post though was badly worded with regards to the communication after death, and your interpretation of abcdghi words may have been clouded by your knowledge of Garry. I do know him in passing, not talking, so can't say I have an opinion of the guy before these deeds, if true, but IMO it looks he did commit this crime and he may have been guity of some other unprofessional acts in his capacity as a tourist police volunteer.

And as I said earlier, he was still acting in that capacity last week.

• Like 1

I am not defending him at all. Your initial post though was badly worded with regards to the communication after death, and your interpretation of abcdghi words may have been clouded by your knowledge of Garry. I do know him in passing, not talking, so can't say I have an opinion of the guy before these deeds, if true, but IMO it looks he did commit this crime and he may have been guity of some other unprofessional acts in his capacity as a tourist police volunteer.

And as I said earlier, he was still acting in that capacity last week.

Point accepted and I agree that he was still, as far as I know, working as a Tourist Police Volunteer at the time of his arrest.

Yes....he may indeed have had other interests as a volunteer. It would be difficult to avoid being caught up in the "procedures" in one of the most corrupt places in thailand....Chalong police station, which is where Mr. Halpin worked out of.

I am, as you noticed!, a strong advocate against Meth. It truly is evil and vile and anyone touching the stuff wont get a second thought from me.

• Like 2

I appreciate indeed understand you defending Garry but sadly the people he abused and disadvantaged in his swift rise up the corruption ladder will burry him on the way back down. His wife? Nobody can defend what he did to her.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note 3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I appreciate indeed understand you defending Garry but sadly the people he abused and disadvantaged in his swift rise up the corruption ladder will burry him on the way back down. His wife? Nobody can defend what he did to her. Sent from my i-mobile i-note 3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do not believe a word of this as I was staying with them when their issues came to the surface. If he did something so wrong to her...and I know what you're alluding to as I've heard this lie she's told....why did he win custody over their children. You obviously think you know so much yet you obviously do not know the REAL truth.
  • Like 2

That is terrible a person in a position of trust that should be looked up to.

I wonder why they mention 'Samsung Galaxy phone and other drug related equipment' in one sentence?

I was wondering the same thing, don't have one, but doesn't make sense to me...........

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

kilsierra

That is terrible a person in a position of trust that should be looked up to.

I wonder why they mention 'Samsung Galaxy phone and other drug related equipment' in one sentence?

I was wondering the same thing, don't have one, but doesn't make sense to me...........

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

kilsierra

Read all the posts...........thumbsup.gif

Wow...something has gone down hill big time in this guys life. I knew him quite well, but not had contact for couple years now.

He was a great guy, really great.

I am shocked. The PG says he spoke reasonable thai, he spoke excellent thai and had lived here for more than 30 years. I know he has a lot of connections quite high up, I wonder what will come of this.

A year ago I had an accident and this guy was very helpful. He did look honest. I am surprised to hear these news.

I don't believe in stomping on a man when he's down (unless he is there to hurt you) but i had the misfortune of having Gary recommended to me by a friend saying that Gary would help me with a motor bike accident that i had a year ago that no one in authority has helped me with since.

The accident involved a car doing a u turn right in front of me which resulted in in me hitting the car and me flying through the air-----i was lucky not to have been killed but i was a little busted up

IT was all recorded on video------the driver after looking at me lying in the road drove of ( a farang) It was officially recorded to the police----- the car was identified as being identified as being registered to a Thai lady----- the car was being bought on finance. Nothing was ever done even though it was all easily traceable.

In steps Mr Gary Halpin who proceeds to lie to me for a whole year also my friends taking 5.000 baht off me to help solve the case ---took 3no meals from my girlfriend who runs a food shop and promised to pay her (she's poor ) and he never did-------and that hurt me more than the accident.

In short i paid 9,000 baht to have my bike repaired/ 5,000 to mr Halpin/ 4, 000 hospital bills===+3 meal to mr Halpin /numerous wasted phone calls and more !

Yes i should have known better i am wise enough but Mr Halpin came with high praise as a tourist policeman from my friend-----but i always knew it was negative.

The upshot of this it has left a nasty taste thats not easy to get rid of ( but hey we move on don't we) I don't want to see anything bad happen to you Gary in the circumstances you find yourself in---------and if you get another chance with your life---don't go around abusing people!

• Like 2

So many claims about Gary taking money off people and abusing his position and trust.

WHY DID NO-ONE OUT HIM?

There is no shame in outing a bent police officer! Perhaps if these claims had been publicised, he would have been dismissed from the TPVs and maybe punished - a punishment which could have brought him to his senses - if these claims are true of course.

I'm not happy that so many people on this forum apparently knew about his dishonesty, but kept quiet about it.

A TPV (or any other police officer for that matter), should not take one single baht from anyone for his assistance, not should he/she use his position of trust to gain influence in any way.

I'm sick and tired of hearing such complaints, and not only in this specific case. There are some hardworking volunteers in the TPV programme and each and every volunteer who abuses his/her position needs to be kicked out of the force and harshly punished. Only then will people have faith in these volunteers.

It seems that a hotline number to report foreign TPV misdemeanors would be useful.

Simon

So the theme here seems to be that Halpin was taking money off Farangs and maybe didn't pass it up the chain... Maybe he is innocent of the drugs charges after all!
Bribery is an accepted practice in Thailand. So for sure people will own up to giving Garry money. No one is going to admit they scored off him, or fired up the ice pipe for a session with him.

So many claims about Gary taking money off people and abusing his position and trust.

WHY DID NO-ONE OUT HIM?

There is no shame in outing a bent police officer! Perhaps if these claims had been publicised, he would have been dismissed from the TPVs and maybe punished - a punishment which could have brought him to his senses - if these claims are true of course.

I'm not happy that so many people on this forum apparently knew about his dishonesty, but kept quiet about it.

A TPV (or any other police officer for that matter), should not take one single baht from anyone for his assistance, not should he/she use his position of trust to gain influence in any way.

I'm sick and tired of hearing such complaints, and not only in this specific case. There are some hardworking volunteers in the TPV programme and each and every volunteer who abuses his/her position needs to be kicked out of the force and harshly punished. Only then will people have faith in these volunteers.

It seems that a hotline number to report foreign TPV misdemeanors would be useful.

Simon

Well his colleague Wal didnt do anything about Garry collecting money.

Also why havent they taken his pic off the website if he supposedly out of the force since last April?

I know Wal is not a TPV but a Region 8 volunteer, (which is another stupid and confusing situation where there are different groups of volunteers...). In my book, if he knew about this, then he should have reported iit.

As for the web-site, I used to be the web-master for that site many years ago and I kept details up-to-date. Now I've no idea who looks after the site - lots of the information is out-of-date ==> yet another criticsm that I have of the TPV system.

Simon

WHY DID NO-ONE OUT HIM?

Simon

His corrupt activities were not reported, because, who are you going to report him to????

The higher up you go, the more corrupt they are, and the more money that is exchanging hands.

Reporting him may have seen that person deported, set up with drugs themselves or killed.

Phuket is a mine field of corruption.

Edited by NamKangMan

NKM, contrary to popular belief, there are many honest Thai police who despair like me, at the level of corruption and lack professionalism within the police force.

Were I to report a Thai police officer for corruption etc, I could indeed, fear for my personal safety. But I know from experience that foreign TPVs are discardable at a whim - I would have no fear in reporting a corrupt foreign TPV and putting my name to that report.

Simon

• Like 1

NKM, contrary to popular belief, there are many honest Thai police who despair like me, at the level of corruption and lack professionalism within the police force.

Were I to report a Thai police officer for corruption etc, I could indeed, fear for my personal safety. But I know from experience that foreign TPVs are discardable at a whim - I would have no fear in reporting a corrupt foreign TPV and putting my name to that report.

Simon

The difference is that you know who are the good guys to report to. The rest of us do not know. The general public is simply too afraid of their personal safety to make an report against police of any kind.

If there would a powerful enough group of Thai people who stand strongly against the corruption and police malpractices, after an while there would be a strong movement against it.

But for now, people live in fear and are afraid to do anything.

Simon

It appears he was "working" for the BiB by "mediating" with foreign tourists after motorbike accidents etc. I have no doubt he was taking a commission for himself for his "services."

It appears he was complicit with the BiB in this lucrative scam, to make it even more lucrative, as he spoke the victim's language, and by stating to the victims he was a "volunteer" many would have thought he had no financial interest in the "mediation process" - otherwise known as, extortion for your freedom.

If he was a good earner for them, and from some reports, it appears he was, then whoever may have reported him as being corrupt, would be in danger.

As the saying goes, one bad apple, or one rotten egg etc etc, however, on Phuket, the bad apples and rotten eggs are the majority, and the minority are either in fear for the safety to do anything, in fear of being transfered, in fear of being fired etc etc and so end up going with the flow, and in some cases, end up with the "if you can't beat them - join them" attitude and go on to be corrupt themselves.

Uncontrolled corruption only increases - never decreases. It's the human weakness called greed that fuels it.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

WHY DID NO-ONE OUT HIM?

Simon

Also why havent they taken his pic off the website if he supposedly out of the force since last April?

Wal did not say that he knew he was collecting money. He said "He received money per call out." Big difference. This is the second time you have misquoted, misunderstood, or assumed things which were not true in this thread. Please read more carefully especially when accusing someone of something.