Angry Australian Sets 3 Motorbikes On Fire

Rimmer

Angry Australian Sets 3 Motorbikes On Fire

218.jpg

KOH CHANG:--An Australian tourist who was so angry that his motorbike was using too much petrol set fire to it causing damage to two other bikes after the renter would not refund him. The incident happened on Koh Chang island.

TRAD – December 14, 2013 [PDN]; at 12.45 p.m. Pol. Capt. Banjerd Krajangsaeng (Investigation officer of Koh Chang police station, Trad province) was notified that there was a crazed foreign tourist walking around carrying a knife waving it at other tourists in front of Chai Car Rental shop, Baan Kai Bae, Moo 4 Tambon Koh Chang, Amphur Koh Chang, Trad province, so he rushed to inspect with the police team together with Pol. Col. Phaithoon Sawaengsak (Deputy Superintendent, acted for the superintendent of Koh Chang police station), Pol. Lt. Chawin Matthayamanan (Inspector of Koh Chang police station), the volunteers of Boon Chuay Luea Rescue Association of Trad province and some tourism police.

At the incident the officers found a crazed foreign tourist who was carrying a fruit knife approximately 8 inches in length in his left hand and a hammer in his right hand. He was walking around waving the knife and the hammer on the road amongst the tourists who were running away chaotically. The crazed man was bleeding from his head. The police tried to talk with him for more than 1 hour in order to calm him down and to put the weapon on the ground but they failed, therefore the police decided to charge him until they could detain him finally.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/12/15/angry-australian-sets-3-motorbikes-on-fire/?utm_

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-12-15

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australian facing arson charge in Thailand
Ron Corben

Bangkok: -- A 47-year-old Australian man has been arrested by Thai police and faces charges of assault and arson after clashing with the manager of a motorbike rental company in southern Thailand.

Kent Wesley Farrar, from Victoria, was detained on Friday after allegedly becoming angered by the bike's excessive use of fuel after renting the bike for a week on the resort island of Koh Chang, and demanded a refund. But the manager, Narong Borploy, 55, said Mr Farrar turned down the offer of another bike and started fighting after being refused the repayment.

Mr Farrar, who sustained head injuries in the clash, then allegedly grabbed a fuel canister and poured petrol over three rental bikes and set them ablaze. Thai police said Mr Farrar then grabbed a knife and began threatening passers-by before being subdued at the scene.

Mr Farrar faces charges of arson and assault and a damage bill of 100,000 baht ($3500).

Full story: http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-facing-arson-charge-in-thailand-20131216-hv5vn.html

-- The Sydney Morning Herald 2013-12-16

"The police tried to talk with him for more than 1 hour in order to calm him down and to put the weapon on the ground but they failed"...

Congrats to the Koh Chang police for showing patience and restraint. The fool could have easily got himself shot dead.

He was asked to leave a Resteraunt in Bai Lan the previous evening for being abusive. Seems like he is a total brainless Bogan.

• Like 2

I wonder if this is the same Kent Farrar from Morwell, Victoria. The age is about right and if it is I have had some dealings with him in the past, on a professional basis of course. A bit of a loose cannon who has priors for serious assaults.

Could be a small world if it is himsmile.png

come on guys, loosen up, the man is not well, can you imagine how angry he is going to be when he has to pay the 100,000

i got a feeling it doesnt end yet with him

If he is lucky, he will just have to pay the fine, then get deported and blacklisted. Another farang giving us all a bad name.

• Like 2

I wonder if this is the same Kent Farrar from Morwell, Victoria. The age is about right and if it is I have had some dealings with him in the past, on a professional basis of course. A bit of a loose cannon who has priors for serious assaults.

clap2.gif they sure do breed them tough in that neck of the woods down Morwell way, the cultural center of Victoria, he might even be a mountain man from the snowy region, but he must have figured that he could do that as he often did this sort of thing after the local football match on a saturday, if your team was beaten go around burning the cars of the other team, now thats what i call tough - where men are men and women eat their young and the crows fly backwards to keep the sand out of their eyes. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

"The police tried to talk with him for more than 1 hour in order to calm him down and to put the weapon on the ground but they failed"...

Congrats to the Koh Chang police for showing patience and restraint. The fool could have easily got himself shot dead.

Maybe the police need to consider darting crazed tourists wielding fruit knives and causing other tourists to run about "chaotically."

teambuilding_dart_blow.jpg

• Like 1

clap2.gif they sure do breed them tough in that neck of the woods down Morwell way, the cultural center of Victoria, he might even be a mountain man from the snowy region, but he must have figured that he could do that as he often did this sort of thing after the local football match on a saturday, if your team was beaten go around burning the cars of the other team, now thats what i call tough - where men are men and women eat their young and the crows fly backwards to keep the sand out of their eyes. cheesy.gif

The Latrobe Valley is not called Latrine Valley for nothing.