Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and Sihanoukville. Where next?

Fifteen15

I've been to all three places. Phnom Penh I loved because it wasn't that touristy. Siem Reap was good, but Sihanoukville seems to have just beaches and looks to be more touristy than Siem Reap.

Are there any other cities in Cambodia that I can visit for a few days before I move on to Vietnam?

Maybe in your next posting you might let members know what it is you seek from your travels

It will result in more meaningful replies

If you're not energetic and just want a place to sit and have a beer then .....

If ur active and want to walk/rent bike then .......

Kampot

Battambang

Kampong Cham

Kampong Thom

there is a good site travelfish dot com

I'm just back from Cambodia

Edited by Finlaco

Mondulkiri has best waterfall in Cambodia. Elephant trekking. Hills. Great climate. Cheap accommodation. Easy fast bus service from Phnom Penh

I wouldn't go so far as to say fast, it's a long trip (though quicker than it used to be).

Rest yes, it is very beautiful. Rattanakiri and Koh Kong are other possible destinations if ecotourism- type places and natural beauty appeal.

Koh Kong being the closest/least travel time of the 3.

but if you are heading to Viet nam, Kampot/Kep makes more sense logistically.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to be spending a week in SHV next month. I would like to visit Kampot for a day/night during this week. I am thinking a hiring a bike from Snooky and getting a room for the night at a guesthouse.

I have rode bikes around SE Asia before. Can anyone advise on the state of the road, how busy/safe it is, or would getting a bus be preferable?

I enjoy riding bikes instead of bussing it, but have never done this stretch of road before, how long is it, approx. 2 hours?

Lastly, is it dodgy leaving the bike overnight in Kampot, because of theft, if so can anyone recommend any GH that are safe to leave the bike in their grounds?

Be sure to wear a helmet and drive defensively, lots of accidents in Cam, and it is not a good place to be injured in (in terms of medical care).

Most guesthouses would let you park moto inside their gates/ground, they'll have other motos (including those of the staff/owners) to be guarded anyhow.

• Like 1