Thai Ladyboy student activist unhappy with media calling her 'Mr'

webfact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a Mr. He should get used to it instead of being unhappy.

I don't know what she will become used to, but we've become used already to your macho posting style, e.g. defending right of polluting in national parks and similar. Keep doing and you will make a lot of friends.

Edited by paz

Had to get my HAZMAT suit on to wade through this thread.

The "you were born like this so that is what you are" is missing one very important point.

We are now in the 21st century and science has moved on.

My case in point. "You were born a man so that is what you always are."

Will you say to a person who is born with no legs, that they shall never walk? We already have prosthetics, and they are developing fast. Functioning leg transplants may happen one day. Would you say to the person born without legs "sorry, you were born without legs, so you will remain without legs for life." If you wouldn't say that, then there is no reason for you to say somebody born without sterile female genitalia and high female hormone count, that they should not have those in life either, since it is just a question of modern science, the same as prosthetic legs.

Then it goes to "but they aren't women because they can't have children." You should thank them for that. Theres 7 billion of us here already lol.

Well said Yunla. But you're wasting your breath on this lot. Half are trolls - and that's okay, but most are true believers of their own bigoted opinions and are actually quite dangerous people!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was born with primary multiple-sclerosis and would be dead long ago if it wasn't for science injecting me with any chemical crap they can can scrape off the hospital floors. My friend who has been on dialysis for 15 years since he was a teenager, is in a similar boat, we are both alive because science has made it possible. The suicide rate for people with "gender dysphoria" which is a cross-wiring of the brain and/or XXY-etc. problems relating to abnormal birth builds, is extremely high. More people kill themselves because they suffer from gender dysphoria than those who suffer from alcoholism and drug addiction / depression etc. Even post-op transgenders have a high suicide rate, because they still feel 'wrongly wired.' It is no party at all, it is a serious medical condition, no different to Multiple Sclerosis which I am dying from, or the dialysis my best friend goes for twice a week. I praise science for giving us all a chance to live a few extra decades with some hope of dignity.

I think what plagues Thailand with its unusually high number of transgenders and the like is not genetic or physical in nature. I think it is societal - a lack of real male role models or men with values that typify men in many other cultures.

Agreed . I have thought this for many years, the endless Thai children who grow up without

a father. There must be a link between no father role model, and gender confusion for a male child.

Somewhat the same situation as in America with black families and missing fathers.

But come to think of it, cannot recall seeing a whole lot of black transgender men....

Posts containing links to Bangkok Post have been removed.

There were no links to the Bangkok Post in my post. There was a photo of the publicly available hard-copy, printed newspaper in my post. It showed that the Bangkok Post NEVER called this person Mister or he or him. And never has.

It said that while I have no idea why Aum Neko made her Facebook post, it is the policy, the unswerving policy of the Bangkok Post to refer to her and other transgender people -- unless one should request otherwise, which never has happened so far -- as "she", "her" and "Ms". The very story that Aum Neko linked proved that, and I posted the photo of the original, printed newspaper to back it up.

Contrary to the ridiculous, paranoid comment of a TV poster, the Bangkok Post changed *nothing* about the Aum Neko story, in print or online, at any time after initial publication.

Note that this post ALSO has no links to the Bangkok Post. But like Aum Neko and the paranoid poster, you can say whatever you want about it, truthfully or otherwise. You cannot, however, change the facts it contains.