Thai Ladyboy student activist unhappy with media calling her 'Mr'

webfact

If she wants to be called ms, so what? Let her be whoever she wants to be, it's her life.

He can be who ever he wants to be , it does not automatically mean others have oblige to his wishes.
Nor should they disregard her wishes. Edited by Bluespunk

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She just wants to be addressed with the female pronoun rather than the male. Is that too much to ask?

yes this is too much to ask, because it's simply not true. People will address him with what THEY think best matches reality, and if he want's to be somebody else - this is his private affair.

I will call an elephant as an elephant, even if it wants to be a butterfly.

Oh... Would you still if it want's to be called a mouse?

com'mon... I mean just to threaten/ impress the wifee.

If she wants to be called ms, so what? Let her be whoever she wants to be, it's her life.

He can be who ever he wants to be , it does not automatically mean others have oblige to his wishes.
Nor should they disregard her wishes.

Why is that?

I hate to be called farang, it does not mean anyone stopped calling me that.

Then its my choice to either deal with those people or not.

He hates being called a he, no problem,stop dealing with those who call him a he and deal with those who happy to call him a she

• Like 1

Male = XY on 23rd chromosome pair

Female = XX on 23rd chromosome pair

Inside every cell of your body - Male or Female is not a choice - It's genetics

True, you can't change your chromosomes. But the terms male and female are constructs of language and language changes and evolves.

(Language is very interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCIqFAdI6eI)

I'm not defending her, I couldnt careless to be honest. Lets just remind ourselves she is just a kid in the end.

Edited by tingtongtingtong

a dog by any other name is still a dog, it doesn't become a horse because it sleeps in a stable

We are not talking about dogs, frogs, elephants, but a human being, I am glad to be a man,s man from australia but I have empathy for he or she that wants to be called he or she. Its called politeness, as written before most homophobes are latent poofs.

• Like 2

She's right, Bangkok Post dicriminate her as Transgender. And I wonder about some respectless posts here, Thailand have a lot Transgenders, make it more colorful...biggrin.png

This boy is not transgender. Transgender requires 'the operation', which presumably, as a 'ladyboy' he has not had. QED

Better go look it up transgender doesn't require the operation, just a mental state of being a female with a male body or a male with a female body.

Why is that?

He hates being called a he, no problem,stop dealing with those who call him a he and deal with those who happy to call him a she

you hate to be called Farange how terrible, bit like being transgender and hating it.

Why is that?

Those who use the term farang are wrong to do so if they know it offends people. I personally hate the term. However, just because our wishes are ignored or disregarded it does not justify us doing the same thing. If a ladyboy finds the term mr offensive or disrespectful towards their feelings then it should not be used. If she wishes to be ms then so be it. It hurts no one and shows respect for another's feelings about their identity. Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

She's right, Bangkok Post dicriminate her as Transgender. And I wonder about some respectless posts here, Thailand have a lot Transgenders, make it more colorful...biggrin.png

You're right, but would you marry one? What about when they are old, and stop taking the tabs...uuuuuhhhh!

Puts a shiver up my spine

Those who use the term farang are wrong to do so if they know it offends people. I personally hate the term. However, just because our wishes are ignored or disregarded it does not justify us doing the same thing. If a ladyboy finds the term mr offensive or disrespectful towards their feelings then it should not be used. If she wishes to be ms then so be it. It hurts no one and shows respect for another's feelings about their identity.

Absolutely correct, and if i insist on doing it, it does mean i have no respect for that person, so that person can either accept being called what i call them or stop dealing with me.

• Like 1

Male = XY on 23rd chromosome pair

Female = XX on 23rd chromosome pair

Inside every cell of your body - Male or Female is not a choice - It's genetics

Gender ideology is the Creationism of the 21st century. Thai media calling this man correctly. In the West, a journalist would lose his job or even get sued for writing the obvious truth.

• Like 1

Those who use the term farang are wrong to do so if they know it offends people. I personally hate the term. However, just because our wishes are ignored or disregarded it does not justify us doing the same thing. If a ladyboy finds the term mr offensive or disrespectful towards their feelings then it should not be used. If she wishes to be ms then so be it. It hurts no one and shows respect for another's feelings about their identity.

Absolutely correct, and if i insist on doing it, it does mean i have no respect for that person, so that person can either accept being called what i call them or stop dealing with me.

Then that's what I shall do.

• Like 1

In a country and culture such as Thailand I fail to see what difference this makes. All Thai's have nicknames ,which are not part of their IC or passport so what is the problem in everyday life in dropping the definitive pronoun. It would appear that this androgynous culture is becoming somewhat xenophobic

you hate to be called Farange how terrible, bit like being transgender and hating it.

Have not been called Farange yet, good to see you know what you talking about:blink:

I used to hate being called farange, but realised its my problem not the speaker,s. But to let you in on why I complained onTV about it, one reply I got sorted me out, when I now hear it I try to eye the speaker, and reply Chok dee,na. so your assumption is <deleted>.

somebody call it "attention whore" - Label given to any person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter.

27000 friends in Facebook, public attention - what else a person like him can wish? PR with zero budget!

From his appearance and attitude he is probably not going to be an office staff...

Yes, he is another attention seeker on social network. Many Thai grateoys are infamous for being a biatch, they like talking foul language and look down on others and like to make fun of any one whom they think they can pick on. I am Thai. If any gentlemen on this post understood Thai, you may not like what Thai gratoeys attitude toward women, they enjoy talking down of women in general.

Edited by BrooklynNY

Have not been called Farange yet, good to see you know what you talking about:blink:

I used to hate being called farange, but realised its my problem not the speaker,s. But to let you in on why I complained onTV about it, one reply I got sorted me out, when I now hear it I try to eye the speaker, and reply Chok dee,na. so your assumption is <deleted>.

again, for the second time, learn how to spell the word before trying to put up some useless argument.

who cares how you deal with it, this topic is NOT about you, now deal with that.

again, since first 2 times did not register for you, if someone calls me what i do not like to be called, it is up to me to stop dealing with them.

If they respect me, they stop, if they do not, we no longer need to communicate or keep in touch.

• Like 2

abhaya, on 16 Dec 2013 - 16:14, said:

Simple good manners demand that you address someone as they ask you to.

From now on, I would like to be addressed as Prime Minister.

Please make sure my request is observed.

Would that be Mr. or Ms. in your case?
. No, just Prime will do, his first name.