Thai Ladyboy student activist unhappy with media calling her 'Mr'

webfact

you hate to be called Farange how terrible, bit like being transgender and hating it.

Have not been called Farange yet, good to see you know what you talking about:blink:

I used to hate being called farange, but realised its my problem not the speaker,s. But to let you in on why I complained onTV about it, one reply I got sorted me out, when I now hear it I try to eye the speaker, and reply Chok dee,na. so your assumption is <deleted>.

again, for the second time, learn how to spell the word before trying to put up some useless argument.

who cares how you deal with it, this topic is NOT about you, now deal with that.

again, since first 2 times did not register for you, if someone calls me what i do not like to be called, it is up to me to stop dealing with them.

If they respect me, they stop, if they do not, we no longer need to communicate or keep in touch.

what brand of lao are you on?, farange farange who gives a shit about spelling when the meaning is clear, I not from the typing pool. If you dont like to be called farange i,d say it is your problem as what part of your body does FARANGE hurt,? think about it........... your brain ,so deal with that.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what brand of lao are you on?, farange farange who gives a shit about spelling when the meaning is clear, I not from the typing pool. If you dont like to be called farange i,d say it is your problem as what part of your body does FARANGE hurt,? think about it........... your brain ,so deal with that.

Intelligence at its bestblink.png

• Like 1

Those who use the term farang are wrong to do so if they know it offends people. I personally hate the term. However, just because our wishes are ignored or disregarded it does not justify us doing the same thing. If a ladyboy finds the term mr offensive or disrespectful towards their feelings then it should not be used. If she wishes to be ms then so be it. It hurts no one and shows respect for another's feelings about their identity.

Left liberal dictatorship in action.

Killer finds offensive to be called a killer, perjurer don't like to be called that, prostitutes likes to be called a lady (!) etc

So everybody are OBLIGATED not to call them like that, otherwise anyone can be called sexist, nazi, homophone or whatever.

why do you respect a right of a person to hide his true nature under euphemisms but don't respect a right of others to speak truth?

One day a women will find offensive to be called women and so will men.

So why don't we cancel whole English, so nobody will be offended?

Intelligence at its bestblink.png

great retort, try using some of my stuff if ya like

Those who use the term farang are wrong to do so if they know it offends people. I personally hate the term. However, just because our wishes are ignored or disregarded it does not justify us doing the same thing. If a ladyboy finds the term mr offensive or disrespectful towards their feelings then it should not be used. If she wishes to be ms then so be it. It hurts no one and shows respect for another's feelings about their identity.

Left liberal dictatorship in action.

Killer finds offensive to be called a killer, perjurer don't like to be called that, prostitutes likes to be called a lady (!) etc

So everybody are OBLIGATED not to call them like that, otherwise anyone can be called sexist, nazi, homophone or whatever.

why do you respect a right of a person to hide his true nature under euphemisms but don't respect a right of others to speak truth?

One day a women will find offensive to be called women and so will men.

So why don't we cancel whole English, so nobody will be offended?

None of your points above make any sense to me. Lack logical thought or empathy. You talk of dictatorship while dictating to others how they should be addressed. Nonetheless rant away if it makes you happy. We all need a hobby. Edited by Bluespunk

Folks, we're talking here about a small minority group that has an issue with their gender identity. In Thailand, it appears to be more common than most countries, but's it's still a small minority. In my view, it's no skin off anyone's arse to address such people as they express they wish to be addressed as far as their GENDER indication. It's not the same thing as someone saying they are the PM when they are not. It's strictly about GENDER identity issues. It's really not that hard.

Mine woudn't be either, if i had to look at him/her naked....uuuuuhhhhh!

None of your points above make any sense to me. Lack logical thought or empathy. You talk of dictatorship while dictating to others how they should be addressed. Nonetheless rant away if it makes you happy. We all need a hobby.

this is a A's choice which word to choose to address B, if B does not like to be addressed like this - stop to communicate with A

But leftist like you want to have a power to decide for A, C, D and everybody else how to address to B. And on everybody who don't obey your fundamentalist ideas you hang tags: sexist, racist etс. And now through your agents of influence - populist politicians, international bureaucracy, and " activists" like this katoey, you can even initiate prosecution of such a person. Happily your dirty hands are still not enough long to crush people in Thailand.

This is a person's choice to speak truth or to use euphemisms. This is freedom.

Edited by JJttttt1
  • Like 1

The dude is not even attractive as a lady boy. Very ugly indeed.

Plenty of experience have you in deciding what is ugly, the ugliest part of your body and a lot of posters here is your brain.

And neither did I say I was not an ugly-brained chap. Proud of it in fact.

• Like 1

None of your points above make any sense to me. Lack logical thought or empathy. You talk of dictatorship while dictating to others how they should be addressed. Nonetheless rant away if it makes you happy. We all need a hobby.

this is a A's choice which word to choose to address B, if B does not like to be addressed like this - stop to communicate with A

But leftist like you want to force A, C, D and everybody else how to address to B. And on everybody who don't obey you fundamentalist ideals you hang tags: sexist, racist etс. And now through your agents of influence - populist politicians, international bureaucracy, and " activists" like this katoey, you can even initiate prosecution such a person. Happily your dirty hands are still not enough long to crush people in Thailand.

because a person shows empathy does not make them a leftist, it shows they have compassion like Jesus ,Bod,and my mum.

abhaya, on 16 Dec 2013 - 16:14, said:

Simple good manners demand that you address someone as they ask you to.

From now on, I would like to be addressed as Prime Minister.

Please make sure my request is observed.

So it was you that was responsible for the Greek crisis and the almost collapse of the Eurozone. I hope you're proud of your bigoted self!

Back on thread - I think that those (on here) who have these very strong opinions on the very small issue of the use of the male or female title probably have very serious issues over their own gender or possibly their closet feelings of how they view members of their own sex.

• Like 1

But leftist like you want to have a power to decide for A, C, D and everybody else how to address to B. And on everybody who don't obey your fundamentalist ideas you hang tags: sexist, racist etс. And now through your agents of influence - populist politicians, international bureaucracy, and " activists" like this katoey, you can even initiate prosecution of such a person. Happily your dirty hands are still not enough long to crush people in Thailand.

hmm, bored are we? trolling, looking for a bite? i hope so because otherwise your hate and bile make no sense at all. you seem to value choice yet you refuse to respect others making choices you dislike, as for the fundamentalist line, i think you need to look in a mirror for a better definition of that word.

So it was you that was responsible for the Greek crisis and the almost collapse of the Eurozone. I hope you're proud of your bigoted self!

Back on thread - I think that those (on here) who have these very strong opinions on the very small issue of the use of the male or female title probably have very serious issues over their own gender or possibly their closet feelings of how they view members of their own sex.

You right, i hate durian, can not stand the site or smell of it, so i must be secretly either trying to be one or really want to eat itthumbsup.gif

Ah The lemonheed!

What a brilliant argument! Well done sir (or madam, or probably not sure eh?)

because a person shows empathy does not make them a leftist, it shows they have compassion like Jesus ,Bod,and my mum.

It would be a compassion if they would decide what words to use for themselves, but not dictate to other people.

If you feel compassion to that katoey - call him "she", but don't try to force others to do the same.

Everybody should decide for themselves to speak truth or lies, and what truth and lies is.

Now here's a classic example of my previous post. The stuttering jjtttt is obviously very upset by this thread. Why on earth would anybody be so passionate and upset by such a small issue? Methinks he possibly already sits down to take a pee, likes it, but hates himself for doing so

Ah The lemonheed!

What a brilliant argument! Well done sir (or madam, or probably not sure eh?)

Oh, i am sure, it is you who seem to have problems, one of them is simple ability to read 2 word in English, my name specifically.

So any more profound thoughts?

• Like 1

As I understand it her? Thai Id will say Mister but there are now about 5-6 options on how people like to refer

to themselves. I just read an article on this and while quite interesting it was also confusing. Long gone is the

Mr, Mrs, Mizz. I can't remember them all but there are a lot. I personally like "your Lordship" adds bit of

something to an otherwise simple, plain guy. biggrin.pngthumbsup.gifrolleyes.gif

It would be a compassion if they would decide what words to use for themselves, but not dictate to other people.

If you feel compassion to that katoey - call him "she", but don't try to force others to do the same.

Everybody should decide for themselves to speak truth or lies, and what truth and lies is.

Now here's a classic example of my previous post. The stuttering jjtttt is obviously very upset by this thread. Why on earth would anybody be so passionate and upset by such a small issue? Methinks he possibly already sits down to take a pee, likes it, but hates himself for doing so

Seems inability to read, desire to personally attack people is just a few problems you haverolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I was gonna say those exact same words....haha, but you had a better way of saying it....well said

But leftist like you want to force A, C, D and everybody else how to address to B. And on everybody who don't obey you fundamentalist ideals you hang tags: sexist, racist etс. And now through your agents of influence - populist politicians, international bureaucracy, and " activists" like this katoey, you can even initiate prosecution such a person. Happily your dirty hands are still not enough long to crush people in Thailand.

Wow, are you up there with Jesus? I bow to thee...

Now you've got me thinking i'm Gay....oh no, how will i tell 'er indoors, my life's finished!!

a dog by any other name is still a dog, it doesn't become a horse because it sleeps in a stable

A pommie by any other name is still an pommie, he doesn't become a valuable member of society because he stays in another country. Do you get the idea how wrong this sentence is?