Thai Ladyboy student activist unhappy with media calling her 'Mr'

webfact

It's a question of respect to call someone as he or she wishes to be called.

And it's common sense to call a katoey SHE...

Who are we to judge?

Let's be nice to each other and respect

Agreed ......

Be nice to me, and give me the right to call a man "A MAN"

I really fail to see why anyone would want to call a katoey anything other than HE ...... that's what HE is ....... why would you want to lie?

It is not about "lies". It is about how someone feels he or she is.

Instead of throwing around with that penis or vagina argument, just imagine how it might feel if you are born a woman in a men's body.... can you follow it? Perhaps not, but if you are interested there is plenty littérature about gender and transgender.

As for those who get aggressive discussing this topic, please step back and consider yourself.

Why do you say people are being aggressive, just because they have a different opinion than you?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

because a person shows empathy does not make them a leftist, it shows they have compassion like Jesus ,Bod,and my mum.

It would be a compassion if they would decide what words to use for themselves, but not dictate to other people.

If you feel compassion to that katoey - call him "she", but don't try to force others to do the same.

Everybody should decide for themselves to speak truth or lies, and what truth and lies is.

Now here's a classic example of my previous post. The stuttering jjtttt is obviously very upset by this thread. Why on earth would anybody be so passionate and upset by such a small issue? Methinks he possibly already sits down to take a pee, likes it, but hates himself for doing so

Don't feed the troll. Jttttttttttttttttt is one of the worst!

• Like 1

Spotlight chaser to the highest degree. Lets just ignore him.

I hardly think he deserves the attention shelved out to him.

He needs to do something beneficial to society instead of just blasting his mouth off and inciting controversy.

Edited by smileydude

Just drop the Mr/Mrs thingy and classify people by their ability to reproduce. Use Sperm or Egg as the title, that would work far better and stick to the original idea. For the pedantic though, perhaps Balls or Ovaries would be even closer. I'd like to be called Mr Balls, though. Best of both worlds.

Who are we to judge?

Agreed ......

I really fail to see why anyone would want to call a katoey anything other than HE ...... that's what HE is ....... why would you want to lie?

Instead of throwing around with that penis or vagina argument, just imagine how it might feel if you are born a woman in a men's body.... can you follow it? Perhaps not, but if you are interested there is plenty littérature about gender and transgender.

As for those who get aggressive discussing this topic, please step back and consider yourself.

So if you feel like a doctor you can hang out a shngle and open practicse because that is how you see yourself? What about a caucasian insistign that all of his IDs and personal references be changed to African-American or vice versa because one "feels" like it? What about putting on a police uniform and patrolling the streets because you feel like a police officer? What about having young children in your bed a la Michael Jackson because you feel like a child and insist on playing that role?

because a person shows empathy does not make them a leftist, it shows they have compassion like Jesus ,Bod,and my mum.

It would be a compassion if they would decide what words to use for themselves, but not dictate to other people.

If you feel compassion to that katoey - call him "she", but don't try to force others to do the same.

Everybody should decide for themselves to speak truth or lies, and what truth and lies is.

Now here's a classic example of my previous post. The stuttering jjtttt is obviously very upset by this thread. Why on earth would anybody be so passionate and upset by such a small issue? Methinks he possibly already sits down to take a pee, likes it, but hates himself for doing so

Ghostnigel with him, desperately trying to get a reaction, hilarious that no one is biting.

• Like 1

Ghostnigel with him, desperately trying to get a reaction, hilarious that no one is biting.

Who would bite on that thing? Who would listen to an ugly ladyboy?

Even after someone in Thailand has been medically diagnosed with gender dysphoria, and is in fulltime transition, the Thai government will not allow them to change their gender title on any documents, like other countries allow. This is definitely cultural discrimination with blinders on, seeing only black or white, totally ignoreing the much more grey area of humanity. There are known hermaphurdites with both gender genitals, what would you who think only black or white say about this? If a person has been medically diagnosed, is in transition and taking hormones, they should be respected and addressed appropriately.

DNA is not gray.

a dog by any other name is still a dog, it doesn't become a horse because it sleeps in a stable

We are not talking about dogs, frogs, elephants, but a human being, I am glad to be a man,s man from australia but I have empathy for he or she that wants to be called he or she. Its called politeness, as written before most homophobes are latent poofs.

Pot calling the kettle black mate. But each to their own, if that's what floats your boat - enjoy

Fascinating range of responses on this thread.

I would simply ask Bkk Post why they did what they did. Intentional snub would be interesting in a country where lady boys are said to be so widely accepted. I've often thought it was more about Thai cultural aversion to conflict, not genuine acceptance.

a dog by any other name is still a dog, it doesn't become a horse because it sleeps in a stable

A pommie by any other name is still an pommie, he doesn't become a valuable member of society because he stays in another country. Do you get the idea how wrong this sentence is?

You got to be kidding me? An aussie sausage jockey talking about valuable members of society? When you've done your time, no doubt you'll be able to return. In the meantime, enjoy yourself

Never mind the protest, let's focus on a narcissistic teenager with an gender/identity crisis.

And <deleted>, pull your tongue back in, you look ridiculous.

In the end, she's probably more worthwhile than the likes of Suthep and Thaksin. Sure, she's provocative, and quite possibly narcissistic, but she's also 19. I can see why she'd annoy some people, but you can't really challenge the consensus without upsetting people.

And why do you think she has a 'gender/identity crisis'? She hasn't indicated that she's unhappy being transgender. She just wants to be addressed with the female pronoun rather than the male. Is that too much to ask?

Gay ? up to you, but yes, he's provocative, and yes, he's narcissistic, and yes he's 19 and annoying people, don't you understand ?

Intentional snub would be interesting in a country where lady boys are said to be so widely accepted. I've often thought it was more about Thai cultural aversion to conflict, not genuine acceptance.

I've always thought it to be the same as with Farangs, tolerance, not acceptance.

Intentional snub would be interesting in a country where lady boys are said to be so widely accepted. I've often thought it was more about Thai cultural aversion to conflict, not genuine acceptance.

I've always thought it to be the same as with Farangs, tolerance, not acceptance.

Yeah, I had tolerance down first, then went with feigned acceptance...... for the sake of social harmony, Jai Dee, etc.

A pommie by any other name is still an pommie, he doesn't become a valuable member of society because he stays in another country. Do you get the idea how wrong this sentence is?

You got to be kidding me? An aussie sausage jockey talking about valuable members of society? When you've done your time, no doubt you'll be able to return. In the meantime, enjoy yourself

You did not get the idea :-)

• Like 1

Just to be clear, if the average western country allows people to change between mr and ms on their national id, based on what the person feels, wants to be or looks like, then any lawyer will find it easy to allow anyone to change to whatever they want, as the decision is no longer based on facts, but purely on feelings, which noone can prove or disprove.

after all the courts will allow equal rights for all, so whoever feels like a mr, ms, it or whatever will be able to push it through in court with a lawyer using whatever argument the ladyboys use.

What you call a person on the street is an entirely different issue of course, and I guess there are no clear rules for that.

Edited by monkeycountry

I would simply ask Bkk Post why they did what they did. Intentional snub would be interesting in a country where lady boys are said to be so widely accepted. I've often thought it was more about Thai cultural aversion to conflict, not genuine acceptance.

Thai aversion to conflict? You don't know my wife.

• Like 1

Well Kitty, you have shown sufficiently that you can be an annoying p-i-t-a. Now let us hear something of substance so the term "student activist" is even remotely justified.

She doesn't have to be a pleasant person and you don't have to LIKE her or go out to dinner with her. She's asking to be addressed as the female gender. Is that a threat to male heterosexuals or something? Does it diminish you somehow? What's the problem? It costs nothing.

It would make me feel like I was playing along in some stupid game.... If I meet someone

who tells me he is something he is not,for example someone telling me he is a

Martian, I am NOT going to play along and call him the Martian Man. If you wish to address

people by titles that are not correct, go right ahead. But do not try to convince me to do the same.

• Like 1

Transgender people obtaining basic civil rights is not evil. It is good. They are people and deserve MORE inclusion, not less.

actually the mr/ms on your id is a reflection of what you actually are, not what you feel like or think you are. Why should ladyboys or any other group have more or less rights than anyone else?

As far as I know they have exactly the same rights as anyone else - noone can change their status (except ms/mrs), so why should ladyboys suddenly get special treatment?

Edited by monkeycountry

Well Kitty, you have shown sufficiently that you can be an annoying p-i-t-a. Now let us hear something of substance so the term "student activist" is even remotely justified.

She doesn't have to be a pleasant person and you don't have to LIKE her or go out to dinner with her. She's asking to be addressed as the female gender. Is that a threat to male heterosexuals or something? Does it diminish you somehow? What's the problem? It costs nothing.

It would make me feel like I was playing along in some stupid game.... If I meet someone

Martian, I am NOT going to play along and call him the Martian Man. If you wish to address

people by titles that are not correct, go right ahead. But do not try to convince me to do the same.

I am not gay but how about you go back home,you scared little boy,

Are you from America?

Stupid red-neck ideals about a man and a women. We live in their country, be it as it may.

Thai aversion to conflict? You don't know my wife.

Not mine, but she's learning. facepalm.gif

Who are we to judge?

Agreed ......

I think people should call themselves whatever they want, but your id card is a legal matter, and changing it based on what you feel like, no matter how strongly you feel, has a number of legal consequences.

First of all, if one person is allowed to change, then everyone should be allowed to change. Afterall noone can reasonably decide how strong someone elses feelings are.

secondly, as men and women have different legal rights, changing from one to the other might give a person certain legal advantages such as military conscription, monkhood, rights over ones children, tax issues, marriage rights and much more.

• Like 1

I am not gay but how about you go back home,you scared little boy,

Are you from America?

Stupid red-neck ideals about a man and a women. We live in their country, be it as it may.

Wow brilliant ad hominem attack !!! "....go back home...." I have never ever seen that insightful

piece of advice on TV....... Also really like the bold statement up front " I am not gay...."

Well done sir !!!!

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I think people should call themselves whatever they want, but your id card is a legal matter, and changing it based on what you feel like, no matter how strongly you feel, has a number of legal consequences.

First of all, if one person is allowed to change, then everyone should be allowed to change. Afterall noone can reasonably decide how strong someone elses feelings are.

secondly, as men and women have different legal rights, changing from one to the other might give a person certain legal advantages such as military conscription, monkhood, rights over ones children, tax issues, marriage rights and much more.

When you get off your 18th century soapbox, that is rotten by now, you will find that men, women and whatever, all have identical legal rights. The differences you mentioned are fortunately disappearing fast and remain confined to subcultures like military or religion.

And yes, everyone is entitled to change sex. All that said from someone that has no particualar interest in transgenders and no interest in changing his own sex.

Edited by paz
  • Like 2