Mattel Factory in Thailand.

normac44

Bit of an offbeat topic but does anyone know where the Mattel factory is in Thailand. Mattel make Matchbox, Hot Wheels and Barbie stuff. As a collector of mostly Matchbox (Which are now made in Thailand) I want to try and visit the factory when I next come there.

• Like 1

If only someone had invented something on the tinternet where you could type in what you wanted to know and it gave you an answer. Maybe they could do a maps one too.

Mattel Bangkok Ltd.

Member Company since 1998 Address: Bangpoo Industrial Estate

Export Zone 683 Soi 9, Moo 4,

Praekasa Muang, City: Samutprakarn Post Code: 10280 Country: Thailand Phone Number: +66 (0) 2324-0373 Fax Number: +66 (0) 2324-0789 General Email: URL: www.mattel.com Business Activity: Manufacturing - Other

That's too funny.

Hey ... I don't know the OP from a bar of soap.

Presuming his details are correct on his personal page,

he's one candle away from being 70 years old.

Maybe the internet and searching stuff isn't familiar to him.

It's a week from Christmas ... a bit of Goodwill to all Men and the like ... rolleyes.gif

Just saying like ... coffee1.gif

• Like 2

It's a week from Christmas ... a bit of Goodwill to all Men and the like ... rolleyes.gif

Just saying like ... coffee1.gif

...yet he manages to search this new Internet invention to find a forum of foreigners in Thailand that may be able to help?

But cannot use this invention to type in "Mattel Thailand"?

Odd huh?

Just saying like ... coffee1.gif.

...yet he manages to search this new Internet invention to find a forum of foreigners in Thailand that may be able to help?

Odd huh?

Odd ... not really.

Mate, have a look at the member.

Joined more then 3 years ago, this is his first OP in all those years ... hardly trollish.

People have skills in different areas.

I can't change your perception ... just point out the facts.

He has his information and hopefully now enjoying his passion ... biggrin.png

• Like 1

^^This puts a barrier for all the human rights violations so that the company can pretend to have not known what was going on in all 50 of their sub contracted manufacturing locations.

I wasn't going to go there but a factory visit by a dedicated Matchbox collector could be a clever ruse for a visit by a labor rights violations inspector from some venue or another.

Just saying like ... coffee1.gif.

Odd huh?

Odd ... not really.

Mate, have a look at the member.

I don't believe you just said that cheesy.gif

• Like 1

is there a Thai Mattel outlet store ?

or even an official Mattel store in one of the malls ?

if you have been there what do they have?

thanks for the info.....

Certainly Hot Wheels, Barbie (and likely other) Mattel products are widely sold in department stores and malls. However, my mia noi used to work at Mattel in Samut Prakan and according to her all Mattel toys made in Thailand (and stamped as such) are for export only and all Mattel toys sold in Thailand are imported (for example from Mattel factories in Malaysia). This is supposedly done to control/reduce the theft and sale of stolen goods.

It would be quite possible that no manufacturing is actually done at the above listed SamutPrakam address for Mattel and that all work is sub-contracted to multiple Thai companies.

Possible, but in this case not true. The factory produces tens of millions of Hit Wheels cars each year, for export only.

is there a Thai Mattel outlet store ?

or even an official Mattel store in one of the malls ?

if you have been there what do they have?

thanks for the info.....

Certainly Hot Wheels, Barbie (and likely other) Mattel products are widely sold in department stores and malls. However, my mia noi used to work at Mattel in Samut Prakan and according to her all Mattel toys made in Thailand (and stamped as such) are for export only and all Mattel toys sold in Thailand are imported (for example from Mattel factories in Malaysia). This is supposedly done to control/reduce the theft and sale of stolen goods.

****************************************************************************************************

Sounds like a good business plan , but thiefs would just sell them on the street markets here anyway I guess !

Like every collector we want stuff that everyone else cannot have smile.png

Edited by BKKdreaming

It would be quite possible that no manufacturing is actually done at the above listed SamutPrakam address for Mattel and that all work is sub-contracted to multiple Thai companies.

Possible, but in this case not true. The factory produces tens of millions of Hit Wheels cars each year, for export only.

As I said 'quite possible' as in PR China Mattel is reported to work with approximately 100 different suppliers and/or factories.