Thai Foreign Ministry asked to rethink free visa fee decision

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"exempt visa fees for tourists and travelers" Those staying on long-term visas are not included in this free scheme and, if the OP is correct, nor are Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish People.

"The 17 countries are Australia, England, the United States, Germany, France, Sweden, Canada, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Finland,Norway, Israel, United Arab Emitrates, Spain and New Zealand."

• Like 2

They already charge for tourist visas, but they don't charge when they give visa exemptions. If they want to get rid of visa exemptions then they will also need to employ more people to process the visas. It will cost them more money to process these visas than they want to charge for it.

• Like 2

"Immigration commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panu Kerdlarpphol explained that the reason for reconsideration was that the 17 countries still charge visa fees on Thai nationals.

The visa fee exemption should be reciprocal …."

So he wants reciprocity? How about for land ownership? How about for entrance to parks and national museums?

Reciprocity is a two way street, not just useful for one side!

sure, why not.

Then you'll have the pleasure of lining up for hour on end, out in the rain or snow in London, Washington, or the capital of whatever you are from after waiting 4 months getting an appointment at the Thai embassy for your Tourist Visa, to speak to some bloke behind a window who wants the financial records of your great, great grandfather as part of your application.

I am indeed warming to the reciprocality issue! Thanks for pointing it out.

Farang bashing as usual - only sometimes interrupted by "indon" (as you call indonesians) bashing.

• Like 2

"Immigration commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panu Kerdlarpphol explained that the reason for reconsideration was that the 17 countries still charge visa fees on Thai nationals.

So he wants reciprocity? How about for land ownership? How about for entrance to parks and national museums?

sure, why not.

Then you'll have the pleasure of lining up for hour on end, out in the rain or snow in London, Washington, or the capital of whatever you are from after waiting 4 months getting an appointment at the Thai embassy for your Tourist Visa, to speak to some bloke behind a window who wants the financial records of your great, great grandfather as part of your application.

Farang bashing as usual - only sometimes interrupted by "indon" (as you call indonesians) bashing.

whatever you are drinking, I'll have some of that.

• Like 1

sure, why not.

whatever you are drinking, I'll have some of that.

You win, I loose.

What a great debater you are.

• Like 1

I little dialog by the ministry of foreign affairs may be a good thing...Maybe the end result could be simplified process for Thais wishing to visit some of these 17 countries...Which would be a nice thing for all of us with Thai family members wanting to go on vacation to various countries around the world

"Immigration commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panu Kerdlarpphol explained that the reason for reconsideration was that the 17 countries still charge visa fees on Thai nationals.The visa fee exemption should be reciprocal …." So he wants reciprocity? How about for land ownership? How about for entrance to parks and national museums? Reciprocity is a two way street, not just useful for one side!
sure, why not. Then you'll have the pleasure of lining up for hour on end, out in the rain or snow in London, Washington, or the capital of whatever you are from after waiting 4 months getting an appointment at the Thai embassy for your Tourist Visa, to speak to some bloke behind a window who wants the financial records of your great, great grandfather as part of your application. I am indeed warming to the reciprocality issue! Thanks for pointing it out.