BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Peter-phillips

Camera Resources In Thailand

http://www.pix-one.com/products-detail.asp?id=CA-IXUS130IS

Be aware this company sells both official and gray market goods (they are upfront about it and provide a shop warranty on the gray market goods).

I have bought both Cannon and Panasonic cameras (gray) from them and very satisfied.

Comment from Lopburi3

hello, Im looking for some help on light globes for my studio lights. I purchased my lighting in Fortune Town a year ago and then moved down south of Thailand. Since then I have exploded 3 bulbs (globes) and have no way to purchase them in the area I am. I even drove to Phuket looking for them and I couldnt find a pro cam shop to help me.

Does anyone know the name of the shop in Fortune Town that deals with lighting, lighting stands, green screens and tripods.. I cant remember if they sell cameras also.. maybe..

I think it is on the 3rd floor and if I remember rightly once you come out of the escalator you do a 180 turn and head down the corridor towards the hotel end (not Tesco end).. As you go past all the software and phone shops you come near to the ending of this little mall part and on the right hand side there is the shop.. The lights and tripods are spilling out into the mall and very easy to spot..

Across from that shop there is also a camera shop (I think) that also sells tripods etc.

I would love a phone number or website and I would also pay someone to purchase them and send them to me - Im that desperate!

Please PM me or write on this thread with any info or offer of help.. I can take a photo of the globe and send you also.

thanks

Beth

hello, Im looking for some help on light globes for my studio lights. I purchased my lighting in Fortune Town a year ago and then moved down south of Thailand. Since then I have exploded 3 bulbs (globes) and have no way to purchase them in the area I am. I even drove to Phuket looking for them and I couldnt find a pro cam shop to help me.

Does anyone know the name of the shop in Fortune Town that deals with lighting, lighting stands, green screens and tripods.. I cant remember if they sell cameras also.. maybe..

I think it is on the 3rd floor and if I remember rightly once you come out of the escalator you do a 180 turn and head down the corridor towards the hotel end (not Tesco end).. As you go past all the software and phone shops you come near to the ending of this little mall part and on the right hand side there is the shop.. The lights and tripods are spilling out into the mall and very easy to spot..

Across from that shop there is also a camera shop (I think) that also sells tripods etc.

I would love a phone number or website and I would also pay someone to purchase them and send them to me - Im that desperate!

Please PM me or write on this thread with any info or offer of help.. I can take a photo of the globe and send you also.

thanks

Beth

I am almost certain you refer to Capa Foto. Their phone number is 02 776566301

Some people there speak reasonable English, and they are in general quite helpful! I had them import a flex background for me, which they did!

Good luck!

I am almost certain you refer to Capa Foto. Their phone number is 02 776566301

Some people there speak reasonable English, and they are in general quite helpful! I had them import a flex background for me, which they did!

Good luck!

Thanks ever so much, I will wait til my partner comes home to make the call as his Thai is better than mine.

fingers crossed!

I am chasing across town for about a week to get a good deal on a new Nikon DSLR and found 2 good places on the second floor of Fortune Tower. One is called Pix One and has a webpage at Pix-One ÃéÒ¹¡Åéͧ·Õè¤Ø³àÅ×Í¡ : Pix-One ÃѺ»ÃСѹ¤ÇÒÁªÑ´·Ø¡ Pixel I can't remember the second one, but it is just about 10 meters away on the other side of the aisle.

Both shops give you good prices on new DLSR equipment and prosumer cameras as well as studio flashes and lenses.

To give you one price example: Normally the D70 Kit including the 18-70 lens costs around 41,000 Baht. At these 2 shops it goes for 32,900 Baht. The body alone costs 24,500 Baht, only.

Watch out for "grey" cameras here; no international warranty, only local shop based guarantee.

I bought a Nikon D90 here for a good price and so far no problems.

I just had 10.000 dollars worth of Pentax equipment shipped to me. If i bought a canon or nikon here it would of cost me about 15000 dollars.

I personally seldom buy here. Most of the time i lie about the price to avoid the outragous tax. And have yet to have a problem.

I usually buy from Amazon and have it shipped to the states then have them ship to me. Althought Foto file is the best place I have found to buy at a good price. And professional equipment. I do buy from them some. Verry good shops in bkk. But in bkk only.

My thoughts on the subject.

Edited by garyk

I have been using Fotofile for many years now and have always received excellent service from them.

Gets very busy on the first floor some times so it might be worthwhile going back later for individual service.

Guy to speak to is Kuhn Oliver

bought D700 from HK via Eddy, very satisfied with the service, price was ok

bought from fotofile second hand lens on the ground floor, had problems twice and they took them back each time but I had to swap for something else. They did not thoroughly checked their lenses and they were seriously defective. Final purchase was of good value and I am happy using it. The boss is Oliver, he is reliable in his commitment but I still believe they are not cheap

Usually buy from the shop on 5th floor for accessories, but their prices are quite high on bodies and lenses.

Bought at pantip for high end lenses and had a better deal, like 24-70mm 2.8 Nikkor is 52000 cash at pantip and 64000 MBK. I like the shop at MBK why such a difference but they could not really give me a satisfying answer.

Overall, you need to watch for fake items, like batteries, filters etc... especially pantip is infested with them.

Edited by ozterix

can anybody tell me where to look for old lenses like M42, Russian or DDR lenses?

I am also interested in anamorphic lenses...

is saphan lek a good adress?

thanks!