BTV internet at Maprachan.

monsieurhappy

I've been using BTV for internet for well over 3 years and although they're not perfect have given reasonable service.

The last few weeks I've had many disconnections which I'm certain did not come from my equipment.

The only time their "engineers" came out they changed the power lead to the modem.

This stopped the daily dissconnections but the last 3 nights the internet has been switched off at around 11.30 to be reconnected at about 7.30 the next morning. It might have been happening before the 3 days but as I was away I cannot be certain.

So what is happening now is I'm getting good internet during the day but at approx. 11.30 at night my internet is cut off until about 7.30 next morning when it miraculously comes back on again. My troubleshooter just says " DNS server not responding."

I live next to Maprachan lake, a neighbour is getting the same problem. Is anyone else getting this problem and/or what do you think is the cause and the remedy?

Call BTV and ask them about that problem.

Or be patient another day or two and the problem will probably go away. Sounds like something needs fixing/upgading and they choose night as the least disruptive time to do it.

• Like 1

Do you use skype? If so, does that work when the internet is down?

The mention to DNS in your troubleshooter could imply that internet is up but the BTV dns server is down. If so change your DNS server to google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 which may fix it. Google will show how to change it.

DNS issues normally mean that webpages wont load but direct IP services like skype still will be ok.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks innerspace but your fix did not work.

I changed the DNS server to Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it was working OK.

As I wasn't working or downloading anything I closed down my computer around 11.00pm.

When I opened up this morning about 06.15.... you guessed it....."Connecting through WAN mini port (PPPOE)" and

"Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration Not fixed" was all I could get.

At 07.40 my computer connected to the internet!

I even tried another fix that I saw on Utube, change DNS to 208.67.222.222 but again it didn't work.

So I am certain that at 11.30 or thereabouts at night when the BTV guy finishes his shift, he turns out the lights and closes down my connection!

At around 07.30 next morning the BTV guy on day shift reports for duty and switches back on my connection.

What I want to know is Why? and how long will this go on for? but all we get when we call BTV is a dumb girl who doesn't know what day of the week it is and "engineers" who cannot be bothered to come out and fix it!!

• 1 month later...

I also Use BTV Cable net and live near horseshoe point!! The internet they provide was hit and miss last year but since around November it has become very bad and now this year it has barely been on for more than a few hours at a time!!

The girl on the telephone when I ring up is useless and she always says the same thing.

I've tried switching to 3BB but they tell me they do not do this area when I know for a fact they do!! CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS IN THAILAND

• Like 1

I also live next to Mabprachan Lake and this has going on the last 10 days or more, my connection during the day between 10 am to 4 pm is reasonable, i noticed they use IP 110.xxx.xxx during day time but later change to IP 119.xxx.xxx and if you are "lucky" you get download 0.02 Kbps after 4 pm... and it is from thai server !!

I have been told they are waiting for some spareparts from Bangkok and should arrive next week !!!, but if its true, i dont know.

I want to wash my hands with BTV but first I have to overcome the techicians of 3BB telling me I cannot have it where I live, although people who lived here before me had 3BB (how does that work?)

Its been 3 days now without internet. I would say out of the 53 days so far this year I've had a connection less than half that, and they expect me to pay 990Baht PER MONTH??

Any ploblems this week may well relate to the Honda LPGA event up at the local golf club. There are lots of press etc.

I live along Soi Siam and have had my ups and downs since day one with BTV.

All have been resolved by going in person to their main office next to the Naklua fish market.

Oh.. and wifee does the talking.thumbsup.gif

hope that helps a wee bit...........

Edited by johnnybgood