Tiger temple?

mataleo

Hibi went sri racha tiger zoo.

But is there an tiger temple wheres monks breed tigers. Im sure i saw it on net and i think sri racha as well.

U can feed babies there and big tigers walk freely. ...

Any info? Directions price what it is?

Any good?

http://tigertemple.org/tigertemple_new/main.php

Tiger Temple is in Khanchanaburi we have visited many times with visitors & everyone enjoyed. you will see lots have varying comments about the ethics of it.

Ask your self a simple question better to be in a sanctuary or hunted by poachers. I am not a great lover of Zoo's but if we don't have many animals will disappear for ever very soon unless we do have them.

the Dodo has never made a come back. & no bar codes to restock wildlife....

you decide make a visit .

Wishing you & your family a Happy Christmas & a prosperous New year for 2014.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I find it surprising that people are still unaware that the Tiger temple is nothing more than a show and any claims they make of having animal conservation or welfare benefits are false.

Another ****** that knows nothing of the place, you have no idea of the work they do re-stocking zoos, safari parks and animal sanctuaries throughout the world, it is very important work in regards to the conservation of the species, no thought not.

I suggest you go volunteer at the place for a few months then you shall be able to post with knowledge instead of ill informed imagination.

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

I find it surprising that people are still unaware that the Tiger temple is nothing more than a show and any claims they make of having animal conservation or welfare benefits are false.

Another ****** that knows nothing of the place, you have no idea of the work they do re-stocking zoos, safari parks and animal sanctuaries throughout the world, it is very important work in regards to the conservation of the species, no thought not.

I suggest you go volunteer at the place for a few months then you shall be able to post with knowledge instead of ill informed imagination.

I have to point out that this post by LennyW is totally wrong. It shows either that he thinks he is talking about the Sri Racha Zoo or has no idea of what goes on at the Tiger Temple.

Either way BOTH these institutions have NO CONSERVATION credentials.

I'd love to hear how he thinks they help in conservation. but it would seem he doesn't know even the most basic precepts of conservationism.

Edited by wilcopops

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from the ad hominem nature of the post, this is an astoundingly ill-informed comment, whether referring to the tiger Temple OR the Sri Racha Tiger Zoo.

Here are a few notes from the London Zoological Society about their breeding programs for tigers. I think it's safe to say neither the tiger temple nor the tiger zoo are involved in anything like this,

"Good zoos do much more than simply display animals to visitors. They play a vital role in conservation, through breeding species at risk of extinction in the wild.

The aim is building up and maintaining genetically healthy populations of animals as a back-up for endangered species like these.

Zoos like ZSL arepart of an international community of responsible zoos running co-operative breeding programmes. This in line with the World Zoo Conservation Strategy, a masterplan developed by the global zoo network in collaboration with the World Conservation Union.

Whilst ZSL co-ordinates the tiger population in European zoos. ZSL participates in over 160 of these conservation breeding programmes and manages 11 of them.

There's more to it than just putting a male and female together in the same enclosure. Breeding is carefully managed to control numbers and to prevent inbreeding. The aim is to ensure as much genetic variation in the captive population as possible and this is achieved with the aid of a studbook. Computer databases help compile studbooks that record the details of each individual animal on the programme, e.g. its sex, date of birth, and full ancestry. The Species Co-ordinator decides which animals will be paired for breeding and asks the zoos that hold them to transfer the animals. No money changes hands – we're in it to save wildlife."

Watch this on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLWN3jRA0AU

and compare to this bleak spectacle filmed at Sri Racha zoo....

http://vimeo.com/59126465

Edited by wilcopops

• 3 weeks later...

http://tigertemple.org/tigertemple_new/main.php

Tiger Temple is in Khanchanaburi we have visited many times with visitors & everyone enjoyed. you will see lots have varying comments about the ethics of it.

Ask your self a simple question better to be in a sanctuary or hunted by poachers. I am not a great lover of Zoo's but if we don't have many animals will disappear for ever very soon unless we do have them.

the Dodo has never made a come back. & no bar codes to restock wildlife....

you decide make a visit .

Wishing you & your family a Happy Christmas & a prosperous New year for 2014.

This is a profoundly ill-informed post. Anyone who compares the fate of the Dodo to that in the Tigers in S.E. Asia has no idea of the issues or even the history of the Dodo and why that island-dwelling animal died.

i suspect he/she also think that thew tigers in the temple or the zoo could be used for conservation purposes - absolutely NOT!

I fi=nd it very =sad that people post opinions on this highly endangered species with absolutely no knowledge of what is happening at the moment .