BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

Mobile Congestion Chaos In Thailand

Mobile congestion chaos in Thailand

post-128-1147618380_thumb.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hard to call on your mobile? Network error?

You are not alone. To call an AIS number from a DTAC mobile or opposite is nearly impossible.

To call a landline from or to a Thai mobile is no success, since many days.

Thaivisa.com tried to connect this evening to several networks, but it's impossible.

A lot pf promotions from AIS, DTAC and True has made it impossible to call through these networks. It is a mess!

We have tried to get an answer from both AIS and DTAC Customer Services, the two leading mobile operators in Thailand. They refuse to speak with journalists.

Your comments and complaints here, please!

--thaivisa.com 2006-05-14

RELATED NEWS:

Too much promotions!

Higher Mobile Rates will solve the problems!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68899

Mobile Phone Traffic Jam To Be Solved

Expansion of inter-network capacity

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68615

simple Thai system:

make 10 connections, but sell 10,000

When complains: ignore

When complains go to the government: pay to that minister/official, and problem has probably ended.

When the problem continues: go to temple and pray

When problem sustains: change of name, so the bed spirits cannot find you anymore

When problem persists: hire in a farang to solve it.

simple Thai system:

make 10 connections, but sell 10,000

When complains: ignore

When complains go to the government: pay to that minister/official, and problem has probably ended.

When the problem continues: go to temple and pray

When problem sustains: change of name, so the bed spirits cannot find you anymore

When problem persists: hire in a farang to solve it.

When the matter is out in the press: Simply say its the teenagers fault for calling too much

I too have been having huge problems making inter network calls....calls droping in middle, not connecting, going to voicemail when i know the other phone is on.

Before we get the "Hounds and Flaming Torches" to go after the carriers, look carefully at the handset you are using.

Old Handsets and handsets with OEM equipment (O2, Blueberry etc) seem to be the most prone to trouble. The next handset problem is the new ones there the retailer has re-loaded their version of the firmware, also causing trouble.

Next remember that your handset is little more than a 2-way radio. Sure its a special one, but thats all it is. So these things are subject to atmospheric conditions. A bit of "noise" on the Data lines from your Habdset to the Base-Station, or from the Base Station to the Central Database will also cause Call problems, particularly when you are trying to initiate or receive a call. So the neighbour with a Motor-bike, will make noise on the signal.

The Signaling gateways between the carriers seem to be a constant point of argument in the press. Simply because it makes their competitor spend millions on sometheing that may not be needed.

I hae a new handset with the correct firmware, and the only stuff-ups I get is true network congetsion like too many calls in the one cell area. Like in the Asoke Traffic jam in the afternoons. It is obvious by looking around there may be many thousand handsets trying to use a network that only has limited spaces.

So please be careful before we go after the phone companies on this one. I know as a fact the links are very closely monitored, and their utilization is not as high as claimed in the media.

Worst is Orange...

My close buddy has an orange dog and bone on Phuket.. It is practically unusable.. I have just taken to phoning his girl to talk to him..

My wife just got a package from Dtac 5am -5pm free calls for 299 Baht a month. :D

Before there were these crazy promotions Thai's had their phones glued to their ears.

What do you expect if you give out unlimited calls, people are going to use them to the fullest.

No wonder the networks are jammed :o

Yes today evening, I called my friend in Laos. very terrible connection, usually its okay. Im on DETAC. I thought internatinal is not acfected, I think wrong. Like a high bussing sound

Used my mobile yesterday (in Chiang Rai) to call o/s. He heard me fine, but I was running out of money and asked him to call me back. I never got a call. Going to pray. :o

AIS didnt invest anything anymore in their networks for years. DTAC for instance invested into EDGE technology. AIS customer service always excused themselves with: no customer requests for EDGE.

well, finally the house is sold to foreigners, who surely will invest into the network. sometimes thailand is truly better run by foreigners, sad as it is.

Did anyone try DTACS 2bht per minute for international calls during Songkran?..I did, and went through 2000 bht. On investigation I was told I had to dial 008 or 009 instead of 001 (not mentioned in the promotion sms I received). Although I did try as I could never get through on 008 or 009 anyway, day or night.

The whole Thai telecomunication system is a joke and a farce.

Yes today evening, I called my friend in Laos. very terrible connection, usually its okay. Im on DETAC. I thought internatinal is not acfected, I think wrong. Like a high bussing sound

Last few weeks international calls got worse for me. VIOP is clear :o

Perhaps seconding Khutan theory that its more of a cell site congestion rather than inter network connectivity.

very soon the time will come where the mobile networks will implement some sort of call priority system where the calls from promotion packages would be given a lower priority than regular calls.

I have always used Orange. From Koh Chang to Chaing mai and kanchanaburi I have never had a problem. In fact when I splash out on a 1000 credit they often give a bonus of several hundred baht.

I can't find fault with Orange.

I have zero knowledge of the mobile phone networks in Thailand other than I have a mobile phone which works most of the time if I keep it charged.

Yes, I have an agenda and I'm pushin' it. It's called comedy, light relief, don't take life so seriously.

You should try it ?