Thaivisa launches The Lounge Bar Hua Hin

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning,

The business model is to attract tourists and expats in Hua Hin as the bar+restaurant is in prime location (same road as Hilton Hotel). We will create and announce a discount system for our Thaivisa members during January when things have been settled down.

Welcome by for a chat, a coffee and a bite!

Cheers

Surely, everyone will say they are a member or if they aren't they will simply go online and register.How about discount if a member over 5 or 10 years?

I go to Hua Hin often and will definitely pop in.

Merry Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Not much for vegetarians on that menu. And no prices either. 

You live only once do worry about money Remember Thaivisa owns it  and the profits going to good cause

It is know that vegetarians are Cheap Charlies and no profit serving them 

Vegetarians just order a cocktail and carry some raw carrots with you, no problem; 

oh yeah, and what good cause may that be?

Heading back to Phuket after a break in BKK for the new year decided to stop off in Hua Hin for the night so I could call in .

Arrived at the place yesterday around 6pm.

Great spot for people watching going up and down the soi , alll the tables outside were full. All beer 90thb a bottle.

Spoke with Ron who running the place while its starting up ( he has another place called cool breeze on the front road ) , very nice guy and looks like hes doing a great job.

One of the things he said that surprised me was so far not too many TV members have called in , mostly tourists he said ( unless of course youve been going incognito smile.png ).

Overall a nice place to sit and pass an hour or so ,must say I am very interested in the concept you have their George , seems remarkably straight forward yet unique , I have a strong feeling its going to be a successfull formula and an interesting angle to go with.

Overall a thumbs up from me and will make a point of calling in each time im in Hua Hin.

The only other thing is the guy who served me looked like he should of been selling me a suit not a beer smile.png

Nice to read a positive review.

george ... you owe that man a beer (or two)

• Like 1

A night out at the Thaivisa Lounge bar could be fun.

We'd get to see the expat members who post on the forum as Thai women nipping in and out the toilets to change outfits as the slip in and out of character.

We be treated to the house misogynist arguing with his own alter-ego (the one he posts as when pretending to be a western woman ditched by her western husband for a Thai woman).

And if that were not enough we'd be able to judge for ourselves if getting the Mrs to cut your hair and make your dress shirts for you is a saving worth making.

No hiding here ...

I am quite easy to spot ... it's the blue eyes and white hoodie which is my usual give-a-way ... and the limp ... but you can't see that from your side of the monitor.

Oh ... the reason I wear the hoodie is because I saved my Bt100 and got the missus to cut my hair ...  w00t.gif

Not much for vegetarians on that menu. And no prices either. 

You live only once do worry about money Remember Thaivisa owns it  and the profits going to good cause

It is know that vegetarians are Cheap Charlies and no profit serving them 

Vegetarians just order a cocktail and carry some raw carrots with you, no problem; 

OI!!! Let be known I is a vegetetarian, non-smokah and teetotlah. An I is no cheap an my name isnt Charles. Me pay top dollar for the real vegetetarian food and good coffee, by the way is them Tibetan prayer flags on the terrace, me no wanting them chanting disturbing I's noodle time. Love.

The Mrs and I visited The Lounge Bar yesterday - very nice indeed. It's in a great location, and as a member above says, perfect for people watching and very easy to get to. When we go to Hua Hin we normally park in the temple just next to the clock tower (it's only 20Baht) and from there The Lounge Bar is only a couple of minutes walk away. I guess you could obviously also park at the Hilton, which is about 30 seconds away.

The food was excellent, I had a medium breakfast, which was very nice and very reasonably priced for the size (190Baht) and given the fact that you are in central Hua Hin. The Mrs had a Greek salad and some deep fried squid, which she enjoyed and which I tried a bit of and it was also very good - the salad was very fresh.

I'll certainly be visiting again

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just spent a week in Hua Hin and must have walked by the place a dozen times. Something about the bright lit interior and odd color furniture made me keep on walking.

I go in there quite often for the roast beef. I honestly wouldn't describe the interior as being brightly lit??

Nor would I say the furniture is an odd colour??

A little harsh imo.

The furniture is actually pretty nice!