Stricter requirements, new application forms for ED visa extensions

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Income from who? Their parents? I still can't imagine how a full time student is expected to have an income from a foreign job, while studying full time in Thailand.

In this particular case, ie the forms of the MoE, income does not mean earnings, but means the source of money used for living and studying expenses in Thailand. The purpose of this exercise is to deny an ED visa to foreigners who live in Thailand on income derived from illegally working in Thailand. Therefore, showing evidence that you live on savings you have abroad and transfer to Thailand or from which you make ATM withdrawals in Thailand should be acceptable without a problem. Of course, in addition your school will have to confirm that you are in fact attending classes.

Income from who? Their parents? I still can't imagine how a full time student is expected to have an income from a foreign job, while studying full time in Thailand.

In this particular case, ie the forms of the MoE, income does not mean earnings, but means the source of money used for living and studying expenses in Thailand. The purpose of this exercise is to deny an ED visa to foreigners who live in Thailand on income derived from illegally working in Thailand. Therefore, showing evidence that you live on savings you have abroad and transfer to Thailand or from which you make ATM withdrawals in Thailand should be acceptable without a problem. Of course, in addition your school will have to confirm that you are in fact attending classes.

What if you use your home bank account and don't have a Thai one?

Can you show your statement with regular ATM withdrawals

Keep also the slips the Thai ATMs give you with every cash withdrawal. The MoE officials will probably find them easier to read and interpret than a foreign bank's list of transactions. I see no reason why this should not be acceptable evidence of the source of the money you use for your studying and living expenses in Thailand.

As the subject title suggests, it's abusing an ED visa for those that want to remain in Thailand indefinitely and the 'easy' option therefore is to apply for a 90 day ED visa with 90 day extensions.

I'm surprised that the income requirement wasn't introduced a long time ago.

I will again be attending school next week and I will enquire further on this subject.

Keep also the slips the Thai ATMs give you with every cash withdrawal. The MoE officials will probably find them easier to read and interpret than a foreign bank's list of transactions. I see no reason why this should not be acceptable evidence of the source of the money you use for your studying and living expenses in Thailand.

Everything seems vague, answers are always like "this should be OK".

could we have the police order ?

Police orders of visas usually indicates exactly what documents to provide, why do you keep referring us to our school, as if it our change from one school to another ? Is law not the same for everyone ?

When would it come in application?

Thaivisa.com thanks Walen School of Thai for pointing out these new requirements.

--------------------------------------------

The above taken from George's initial post and yes, perhaps we could have sight of the income requirement from the police order not from the Walen School as it wasn't them that asked for this requirement.

Everything seems vague, answers are always like "this should be OK".

could we have the police order ?

Police orders of visas usually indicates exactly what documents to provide, why do you keep referring us to our school, as if it our change from one school to another ? Is law not the same for everyone ?

When would it come in application?

Thanks smile.png

Yes, everything is vague at the moment.

There is no Police Order about this.

The two new forms are not a law. They are part of the MoE's administrative procedures.

So far, no public announcement from the MoE is known about the use of these forms. What we have is the information from the Thaivisa member MacWalen, who owns a school, got hold of these two new forms from the MoE and made them available to Thaivisa for the information of our members. All we can do now is wait until we hear from members being made to use these forms about their experience. As regards school operators, I am confident that MacWalen will keep us posted about respective developments at his school as soon as the MoE starts asking for submission of these forms for his students.

• Like 1

I don't have credit card from my country. I only have money in kasikorn thai savings bank account which is my name.Any problem with that? I also already have ed visa,will they check me when i go immigration for 3 month extension?

These new requirements seems to stupid.I don't work here,but it seems even if i work i could just open bank account in thai bank and deposit money and say "i'm using that money" and if i work somewhere illegaly i could deposit money in my bank account.It just seems to stupid.

Would be better if they have some test based on how much did you learn in school.Many people go 2-3 years to school and know just couple of words.

...I also already have ed visa,will they check me when i go immigration for 3 month extension? ...

You will just have to wait and see what happens. If I remember correctly what MacWalen has posted, in his communication with the MoE he was led to believe that only new students will have to submit the two new forms, only if enrolling at a school in Bangkok, and only if they have been living in Thailand during the last two years.

• Like 1

...I also already have ed visa,will they check me when i go immigration for 3 month extension? ...

You will just have to wait and see what happens. If I remember correctly what MacWalen has posted, in his communication with the MoE he was led to believe that only new students will have to submit the two new forms, only if enrolling at a school in Bangkok, and only if they have been living in Thailand during the last two years.

Thanks for that info.I think i have also read that new requirements are only for new students who are applying to MoE not the ones who already have ed visa

We are processing new applications so soon I will report to you guys how things are going. I do not personally think the income issue will be that big, I am more worried about visa history of potential students

• Like 2