Stricter requirements, new application forms for ED visa extensions

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So we can not discuss how people abuse the visa system, only how it will affect people and consequences. That is easy. A lot of people will not be happy because of this changes, and then my guess is they will have to leave. And i am not sorry to see all so called students and other false ED Visa people go, oh <deleted> there i said it. My concern is, that anybody trying to outwit the immigration system and getting caught, will finally lead to my ass getting bit also one day. My advice is, play a straight game and things work out well.

• Like 2

Just to note that, to obtain a student visa, a Thai student attending a language school in the USA -- usually as remedial English to later attend a university or vocational school -- would require a minimum 18 classroom clock hours per week.

Edited by JLCrab

What about all of the other subjects that are currently qualified foe ED visas and have nothing to do with Thai language or culture. all of the diving courses that are offered and languages other than Thai, etc?

You just say that you are supporting yourself. Then if they want proof show some form of proof that you have funds coming into the country from abroad. The best proof would be a Thai bank book showing transfers in.

This is going to really hurt a lot of English Teachers that have been using the ED visa while they teach.

The only income they have is teaching but they are not going to be able to show it.

This is also going to mean more work for Embassies as they are going to have to verify the income much like they do for us younger folk.

Should be interesting to see how this works out.

I agree though with all the abuse it is about time they did something to resolve the abuse.

If you have an ED Visa, you cannot work. So teachers, must get a Visa accordingly to the reason they stay in Thailand, that clearly is NOT an ED Visa.

• Like 1
What about all of the other subjects that are currently qualified foe ED visas and have nothing to do with Thai language or culture. all of the diving courses that are offered and languages other than Thai, etc?

The forms will be used for all courses of study to get documentation from the MOE.

The statement at the bottom of the first form will be difficult for the schools to comply with.

"2. The school that has approved foreign students must monitor and check their foreign students to NOT work in Thailand."

And no mention of what, if any, consequences would be for the school if one or many of their students were caught working?

Yikes. Will be interesting to see what happens when we sign up for our Thai classes and they start processing the paperwork to deliver our "guaranteed visas". We're unemployed/self employed for the year we're planning to stay, but if they make an issue of it we could certainly show them a healthy bank balance...

Thanks for the link. I'm going to forward it to pro language, where we're planning to study, and see what they say.

• Like 1
Yikes. Will be interesting to see what happens when we sign up for our Thai classes and they start processing the paperwork to deliver our "guaranteed visas". We're unemployed/self employed for the year we're planning to stay, but if they make an issue of it we could certainly show them a healthy bank balance...

Thanks for the link. I'm going to forward it to pro language, where we're planning to study, and see what they say.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand