BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

Stricter requirements, new application forms for ED visa extensions

I've heard this was coming. Here's a real beauty. I'm a Buddhist monk. In the past, I was given a "R" visa for religious study's. Now they are giving foreign monks, yep, you got it, a "ED" visa.. and asking us for proof of income.. we're monks, we don't have an income.. WTH. blink.png

Maybe that is why they are asking about religion on the forms.

David

My school have a branch at Koh Samui at there the student have to prove a income of 50k pr month.

My school told me be like that for long time at Koh Samui.. So maybe it be in that neighborhood ??

I wish they remove the stupid 50 years for retirement extension, so we don´t need to use ED Extension.

Then people can chose and not be force into one or the other kind of Visa Extension.

Thai students living and studying in Australia are allowed to work

no ifs no buts no work permit

Australia has agreements with Thailand however it appears to be a one way street

Their is the working holiday visa for Australians. See: http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/doc/info/visa/info_working_holiday_visa%20updated%20051113.pdf

how long you can manage to stay in thailand on turist visas ? doing extensions and new visas in near by countries?

Hi there,

Just seen the new rules. What is if I get a salary from abroad of about 100.000 baht to my thai bank account every month?

Is that legal? Or does that count as working illegally? Thats confusing me...

Thanks

Hi there,

Just seen the new rules. What is if I get a salary from abroad of about 100.000 baht to my thai bank account every month?

Is that legal? Or does that count as working illegally? Thats confusing me...

Thanks

They only care about you working for a company, business, school and etc here.

• Like 1

what if i go to thai bank and put cash in my acc, say 500 000thb, is that counts? or only from abroad?

Cool thank you ubonjoe smile.png

That should answer my question, I am working for an american company, actually I am just using the internet for my work here and my salary is paid into a thai bank account every month. So the proof is there, was just not sure if its accepted.

Edited by Binding2003

I work remotely and all my clients are from the US and Europe so although I complete the work here I'm not working for anyone in Thailand. I've just paid for my 2nd year of Thai lessons and my ED Visa is due for renewal in Jan 2014. If somehow my application gets refused, does my payment get refunded?

what if i go to thai bank and put cash in my acc, say 500 000thb, is that counts? or only from abroad?

That should be OK, if you can show it comes from abroad.

The ministry is concerned with that you are not working illegally in Thailand, that is why you have to show a source of income.

I work remotely and all my clients are from the US and Europe so although I complete the work here I'm not working for anyone in Thailand. I've just paid for my 2nd year of Thai lessons and my ED Visa is due for renewal in Jan 2014. If somehow my application gets refused, does my payment get refunded?

Ask your school.

This will effectively kill the ED business.

Timwin, this is exactly the problem here, so many new schools literally sell ED visas and are advertising this way. This is the basis of their business, learning anything there is a secondary thing. The MOE can see that. Walen is advertising learning Thai or English and providing with it an ED visa assistance for those interested in long term study, it is a big difference. We have several thousand students and we take good care of all the paperwork so it is in order and we will continue to do so. I do not see any change for now for students learning at Walen School.

Proof of income? Aren't they studying, and not working?

Income from outside Thailand is what they want to see.

Income from who? Their parents? I still can't imagine how a full time student is expected to have an income from a foreign job, while studying full time in Thailand.

Doesn't matter who supplies the money, just as long as it comes from outside the country.

It was a language school that pointed out these "abuses"?

Is one trying to kill his own business or be the only school that offers a solution?

song sai maak!

Walen School is interested in maintaining the ED visa system as it benefits a lot of students. Of course we are against schools selling ED visas as they will potentially ruin the system and it will have a great negative effect on those who are legitimate students and there are a great many of those.

• Like 2