Stricter requirements, new application forms for ED visa extensions

This will effectively kill the ED business.

Timwin, this is exactly the problem here, so many new schools literally sell ED visas and are advertising this way. This is the basis of their business, learning anything there is a secondary thing. The MOE can see that. Walen is advertising learning Thai or English and providing with it an ED visa assistance for those interested in long term study, it is a big difference. We have several thousand students and we take good care of all the paperwork so it is in order and we will continue to do so. I do not see any change for now for students learning at Walen School.

So what if I have no bank account in England and my income is solely deposited in a Thai account, can I not study at your school?

What is exactly required a proof of income???

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It is new development. I will need to process a few applications first to see how it works in practice but Walen School will do our best to provide ED visa assistance to our students. Will keep you posted.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"2. Extra documents required
  • Proof of income. (to see if the student can support themselves and not work illegally)"

Bruce and those at Thong Sook College are not going to be happy. biggrin.png

Will a online bank statement do the trick??

Yes as long it shows some funds were withdrawn by ATM here.

Amazing Thailand! They make it harder and harder for me to live here and dump my money into the their economy. When will realize that there are people in this world who are under 50 yrs old and don't have to work?

There is another rumour that retirement visas will be starting again at 55. I believe it was this age in the past and it was lowered to 50.

Edited by MacWalen
I predicted this several years ago when will the do not they realize we support Thailand with our meager spending, how could they do this even though I work here illegally. The whining and crying back in the day when they went to 15 day land border runs was classic.

What ? You think Ed visas support this country?

You think the border staff whined when you turned up ??

Are regular (monthly) international deposits into a thai bank account a proof of income just by showing the bank statement?

Exactly that is what I am also trying to find out, my online banking account even states that it is an "International Transfer"

That proof should be fine, hopefully...Now do I say I support myself in the form or do I say that for example my parents support me?

Receiving a regular income from abroad working for a company abroad to my thai bank account, the question is, am I allowed to say so?

Thanks again

Are regular (monthly) international deposits into a thai bank account a proof of income just by showing the bank statement?

Exactly that is what I am also trying to find out, my online banking account even states that it is an "International Transfer"

That proof should be fine, hopefully...Now do I say I support myself in the form or do I say that for example my parents support me?

Receiving a regular income from abroad working for a company abroad to my thai bank account, the question is, am I allowed to say so?

Thanks again

Just state you support your self.

As long as money is coming from outside the country they will not care how you got it.

• Like 1

It was a language school that pointed out these "abuses"?

Is one trying to kill his own business or be the only school that offers a solution?

song sai maak!

It is a highly reputed school because of their high standards and ethics. They are certainly not killing there own business, not at all.

• Like 1

Correct!!! The rule benders always ruin it for the people that do it the correct way.

So now.... you cannot even work part time? What about Foreign exchange students?

I actually want to get a ED visa but it looks like I am tooooooo late.

I speak Thai but I will need more than my GF to help teach me how to read it.

Though, Language schools are also good for Japanese and Chinese .....sometimes.

You have never been allowed to work part time. Any work requires a work permit.

Is that a myth or is that having a ED visa and a work permit used together to work "P/T"??

Correct!!! The rule benders always ruin it for the people that do it the correct way.

So now.... you cannot even work part time? What about Foreign exchange students?

I actually want to get a ED visa but it looks like I am tooooooo late.

I speak Thai but I will need more than my GF to help teach me how to read it.

Though, Language schools are also good for Japanese and Chinese .....sometimes.

You have never been allowed to work part time. Any work requires a work permit.

Is that a myth or is that having a ED visa and a work permit used together to work "P/T"??

You can get B visa, work permit and an extension for working. You can go to school with any visa.

1/ How much is need per month ?

2/ can't you say your thai spouse is supporting you ?

Thanks

There has been no official amount mentioned.

You could say Yyor wife is supporting you.

If you are legally married to Thai you don't need a ED visa or extension. You could get extensions based upon marriage. Or a multiple entry non-o visa.

1/ How much is need per month ?

2/ can't you say your thai spouse is supporting you ?

Thanks

There has been no official amount mentioned.

You could say Yyor wife is supporting you.

If you are legally married to Thai you don't need a ED visa or extension. You could get extensions based upon marriage. Or a multiple entry non-o visa.

I'm not married yet, but will soon, so can I say my GF is supporting me ?