British Real Ale Lovers - Happy Christmas from Villa Market

draftvader

Had the Beer Lao Dark yesterday, a pleasant, easy drinking beer with a nice flavor.

Had the Batemans Mocha Beer (6%, 500 ml) today that I bought at Villa a couple days ago. Very smooth and not overly sweet, not much of a head. The label says: "This wonderfully creamy, rich indulgence contains real Arabica coffee and Belgian chocolate. We suggest serving in a large wine glass for maximum aroma." I had it chilled, but the bottle recommends serving room temperature.

On the bottle, there's a Thai label stuck on that says: Sole Distributor in Thailand, Touch Commercial Holding Co Ltd., Suk 71 Road, North Prakanong. Never heard of them before.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has none of you tried the Bateman's Vintage Ale yet? It's great! Strong though.

This weekends drink list:

- Oakham JHB (incredible!!!)

- Bateman's Combined Harvest (second attempt)

- Theakston Hogshead Bitter (solid bitter)

- Titanic White Star (Very good)

- Bateman's Victory Ale (Great!)

- Meantime London Porter (a classic!)

- Kasteel Donker (Belgian - 11% abv)

• 2 weeks later...

Not dead....very busy and dieting for our 6 weeks in Blighty in June and July. Worst luck that for 5 weeks of that we'll be staying in 2 villages with CAMRA award winning pubs....what a shame ;) I'll make sure you can track my progress (back up to 85Kg!).

Not dead....very busy and dieting for our 6 weeks in Blighty in June and July. Worst luck that for 5 weeks of that we'll be staying in 2 villages with CAMRA award winning pubs....what a shame wink.png I'll make sure you can track my progress (back up to 85Kg!).

That's good....also recommend you try a Brewdog pub....plenty of them around now.

I'm in the UK now and currently trying out a Harviestoun pale ale called The Ridge......most supermarkets now sell quite a few good beers at £1.99 or less.....enjoying it.

Nothing compares to my local though with 6 ales on all the time including often that loved JHB....oh and Camra people get laughed at as well when they drop in....a proper real ale pub! w00t.gif

Not dead....very busy and dieting for our 6 weeks in Blighty in June and July. Worst luck that for 5 weeks of that we'll be staying in 2 villages with CAMRA award winning pubs....what a shame wink.png I'll make sure you can track my progress (back up to 85Kg!).

That's good....also recommend you try a Brewdog pub....plenty of them around now.

I'm in the UK now and currently trying out a Harviestoun pale ale called The Ridge......most supermarkets now sell quite a few good beers at £1.99 or less.....enjoying it.

Nothing compares to my local though with 6 ales on all the time including often that loved JHB....oh and Camra people get laughed at as well when they drop in....a proper real ale pub! w00t.gif

Wow, lucky man!

For the less fortunate ones, at least there was another addition to the range of breweries offered by Villa. The McEwan's IPA, Signature (bitter) and Amber, have found their way to the shelves in Phuket. I had the Signature @ 169bht. Good, slightly different from Bombardier and Directors, also at 169bht, but of the lot I would probably prefer the Bombardier at that price. I look forward to trying the others. The only McEwans I have had before is the Export if I remember correctly, but that's almost 20 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is this thread dead? I have an interesting theory to make. Central Festival Phuket offering 7 different beers from the little known British brewery, Brentwood. All I tried are traditional British beers! In a day and age were all beers must be "current" and craft, it was lovely to have some good old styled British beers again.

• 2 months later...

Is this thread dead? I have an interesting theory to make. Central Festival Phuket offering 7 different beers from the little known British brewery, Brentwood. All I tried are traditional British beers! In a day and age were all beers must be "current" and craft, it was lovely to have some good old styled British beers again.

I found some of the Brentwood here in Chiang Mai at TOPS. Bought two bottles of the Gold and enjoyed it thoroughly. Wish I'd bought more as it's gone now.

The mom and pop store in my condo now has Abbot Ale and Old Golden Hen. Both pretty good too.

I am looking for the German brown ale Paulaner Salvatore in Pattaya , Anyone heard of it ? I think its selling for 112 baht per bottle in Bangkok.

That beer is available at TOPS in Chiang Mai....doesn't mean it will be available at TOPS in Pattaya (is there one?) but worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is back! Great!

Central in Phuket were clearing all their Beentwood beers for 59-79bht per bottle, down from 230bht originally. These beers are fantastic! I bought 50 bottles just before Christmas. I especially liked their "mild" 2.5% ale called BBC2. I also liked their golden ale - "Summer Virgin", and the winter warmer. High quality brews. All their stocks cleared quickly.

Archived