My greatest peeve....

Rotweiler

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Catcher in the Rye is a 1951 novel by J. D. Salinger.[3] Originally published for adults, it has since become popular with adolescent readers for its themes of teenage angst and alienation.[4][5] It has been translated into almost all of the world's major languages.[6]Around 250,000 copies are sold each year with total sales of more than 65 million books.[7] The novel's protagonist, Holden Caulfield, has become an icon for teenage rebellion.[8]

There you have it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Catcher_in_the_Rye

The Catcher in the Rye is a 1951 novel by J. D. Salinger.[3] Originally published for adults, it has since become popular with adolescent readers for its themes of teenage angst and alienation.[4][5] It has been translated into almost all of the world's major languages.[6]Around 250,000 copies are sold each year with total sales of more than 65 million books.[7] The novel's protagonist, Holden Caulfield, has become an icon for teenage rebellion.[8]

There you have it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Catcher_in_the_Rye

But we live in The Rai. Not the same as wry or Rye.

Uh.... Huh? Chiang Rai has a sister? A "pretend sister" perhaps. I think he/she works at a bar in Chiang MAI now.... got confused at her old bar in our fair city about requests to "pour me a rai"..

My extensive research skills (google search) for the term 'The Rai' led me to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_people

.........The Rai are the Khambu (people living in Mud Hut).........in Nepal

Nothing there about Chiang Rai I'm afraid.

I hope this does not muddy the waters.

That is our sister city.

My greatest peeve is I can't go back in time and take advantage of everything with my knowledge of the future.

I just think of the missed opportunities along the way ... and the times that I have politely declined ... girlfriends of girlfriends and the like.

OH ... I'm still happy with my lot now ... thumbsup.gif

Or do you mean all those knock backs we got that we might have cracked it with a different approach? laugh.png

Oh no of course not, I was thinking like doing better in school and stuff like that wink.png

...and i was thinking about skipping school, knowing what numbers on the lottery and get to the Rai 20 years earlier. w00t.gif

• Like 1

Please please do not let Chiangrai be like those places where people have come after a working life that followed them skipping school and not winning the lottery. There is more to here than football, football fights and beer,.

• Like 1

Hear, hear, especially the part about getting to CHIANG RAI many years earlier. rolleyes.gif

..and i was thinking about skipping school, knowing what numbers on the lottery and get to the Rai 20 years earlier. w00t.gif

With all these people arriving ... is it getting crowed in the Rai yet?

Hear, hear, especially the part about getting to CHIANG RAI many years earlier. rolleyes.gif

..and i was thinking about skipping school, knowing what numbers on the lottery and get to the Rai 20 years earlier. w00t.gif

I prefer Chiang Hai, yes with the H... Spoken by the elders.

Please please do not let Chiangrai be like those places where people have come after a working life that followed them skipping school and not winning the lottery. There is more to here than football, football fights and beer,.

Let's not get too precious about the joint.

Let's not get too precious about the joint.

Was out and about last week and saw a dish with CTH on it. I'd heard

of them before as I read that they now have the English Premier League.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/682299-satellite-tv-cth/#entry7048543

whistling.gif