Police officer shot dead during Bangkok protests: hospital

webfact

Police officer shot dead during Thai protests: hospital

BANGKOK, December 26, 2013 (AFP) - A police officer was shot dead in Bangkok Thursday during clashes between security forces and anti-government protesters, according to the hospital where he was taken for treatment.

"He was shot in his chest and brought to hospital by helicopter," said Jongjet Aoajenpong, director of the Police General Hospital. "A team of doctors tried to resuscitate him for more than half an hour."

Violence broke out as demonstrators tried to force their way into a sports stadium in the Thai capital, where representatives of about 30 political parties were gathered to register for February elections.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-12-26

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well considering several media reports that have declared as soon as protesters opened the gates they were shot at with tear gas and rubber bullets. The pictures are there to back it up.

Don't you think it very strange that after all the restraint the police decide to launch into a violent offensive totally out of the blue and a police officer ends up being shot? I think it very strange..... almost like the whole thing was staged from the start.

Let's just say that the evidence points more to a propaganda stunt than what it is actually attempting to portray.

Unless any of us were there and saw it with our own eyes then none of us know what happened. We can only postulate.

Edited by Scott

The first one to die at the hands of the protesters now criminal charges for murder must be placed against Suthep. Brave policeman RIP

Where does it say that the policeman was killed at the hands of the demonstrators? Is this another case of people not analyzing the data and making rash statements, with out any proof. This could be taken as verbal fesses. coffee1.gif

Edited by tomross46

To date I've read it was a sniper (capo press release) and the ubiquitous "man in black" shooting at the protesters, who was caught and handed over to police by protest "guards". (Nation I think). Does anyone actually know where the shooting came from?

The first one to die at the hands of the protesters now criminal charges for murder must be placed against Suthep. Brave policeman RIP

Try not to be silly please

Why is that a silly comment? Please enlighten me.

Unless you witnessed it first hand and have been appointed judge and juror then you should take your kangaroo court and nail your ears to a tree with your prejudicial gavel

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Well considering several media reports that have declared as soon as protesters opened the gates they were shot at with tear gas and rubber bullets. The pictures are there to back it up.

Don't you think it very strange that after all the restraint the police decide to launch into a violent offensive totally out of the blue and a police officer ends up being shot? I think it very strange..... almost like the whole thing was staged from the start.

Let's just say that the evidence points more to a propaganda stunt than what it is actually attempting to portray.

Unless any of us were there and saw it with our own eyes then none of us know what happened. We can only postulate.

...or even SPECulate.

No should be brought against Yingluck

Abhisit and Suthep are charged with murder for the 2010

So turn about is fair play and the current leader should now be charged with murder ... "Now boarding flight 666 destination Dubai"

Just my opinion

• Like 1

I saw this news a few hours ago on Pantip but did not want to say anything as

it was just posters stating it.

Now that confirmed RIP & condolences to the family of the fallen officer

There is an official break in TV broadcasts right now 5:30 Thursday

to basically announce peaceful demonstration will be tolerated but not what is

now occurring