Honda NC700X

dogpoo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why should life and certain things be so serious? Yes people love to talk serious and comment on what they have, personally I just want some good information and hopefully something I can laugh at, some people ARE just miserable!!

• Like 1

Is it the DCT version? Can you get a standard manual transmission version in Thailand - it's the only one I'd be interested in.

Yes it's the DCT version, I can understand you wanting to drive manual, now days with all the traffic it's so much more fun having a bike like this!

Thank you mate, it was 355k I am honest in saying this bike is simply amazing coming from a non technical head!!

For that price I would have bought one 2 when it came out without doubt. But initially it was around 450 right? Which I found a bit to high.

Yes the price came down but is going back up to the 460ish price so I have been told, it's not for everyone and of course the real bikers will say "it's not biking if it's not manual, you are not a real biker if you can't drive really fast"

Is it the DCT version? Can you get a standard manual transmission version in Thailand - it's the only one I'd be interested in.

Yes it's the DCT version, I can understand you wanting to drive manual, now days with all the traffic it's so much more fun having a bike like this!

Enjoy your new bike...not an HP monster (in fact has approximately the same HP as the 500 series) but a really usable torquey engine.

Enjoy your new bike...not an HP monster (in fact has approximately the same HP as the 500 series) but a really usable torquey engine.

I'm not interested in a bike that has big hp, biking should be fun and to me it is exactly that!!

I'm not interested in a bike that has big hp, biking should be fun and to me it is exactly that!!

A real biker. :rolleyes::D

Congrats on your new bike DP. It's a good one. :)

A real biker. :rolleyes::D

Congrats on your new bike DP. It's a good one. :)

Cheers mate, only done just over 120kms I am liking everything about the bike, accessories not cheap but you get what you pay for?

sensible bike. i like the idea of a dct in the city as well.

being 225 kg is a bit discouraging for me but i rode it before and due to the low center of gravity, really bike feels a lot less. like the front storage too, can get a full face helmet .

and its tracktor like torque will make your life easier but a bit bland.

happy rides, a good new year present to treat yourself it looks like.

Edited by ll2

sensible bike. i like the idea of a dct in the city as well.

being 225 kg is a bit discouraging for me but i rode it before and due to the low center of gravity, really bike feels a lot less. like the front storage too, can get a full face helmet .

and its tracktor like torque will make your life easier but a bit bland.

happy rides, a good new year present to treat yourself it looks like.

I'm not a racer so the bike is perfectly fine for me!

Been following this project of yours in its various incarnations, as I too have a similar mindset toward biking and curious as to 'whats next' after a Forza?

Bigger, more powerful bike, auto, urban/touring spec and economical, also being 6' 3" and was secretly hoping you would go for the NC700X DCT.

Look forward now your continued broadcasts and especially when you do your next Cha Am run.

Might wanna think about starting a dedicated blog so that those who are interested can follow your escapades without having to wade through the sections of dross and drivel that seem to plague you from certain TV plonkers.

Been following this project of yours in its various incarnations, as I too have a similar mindset toward biking and curious as to 'whats next' after a Forza?

Bigger, more powerful bike, auto, urban/touring spec and economical, also being 6' 3" and was secretly hoping you would go for the NC700X DCT.

Look forward now your continued broadcasts and especially when you do your next Cha Am run.

Might wanna think about starting a dedicated blog so that those who are interested can follow your escapades without having to wade through the sections of dross and drivel that seem to plague you from certain TV plonkers.

Cheers mate, certain TV plonkers don't bother me at all, as far as I am concerned it is all horse play, if anyone takes offense at anything posted it's there lookout not mine, I considered many bikes before choosing the NC, in the end it came down to the two choices, VFR was too big, nearly bought the CBR500 so glad I changed my mind on the day, driving or riding(real bikers apparently say riding, in heavy traffic with a big manual bike is no fun and even less fun if you are wearing all the gear, but again apparently real bikers love it, so glad I'm not a real biker!!

The bike is great, the seat is still not comfortable,so hoping that will improve with time, should be going to Cha am this coming February.

Edited by dogpoo

355k with DCT? That's an excellent price! How much is it without? I guess I kinda missed that. The bike has great reviews even if it's a bit of an oddity.

355k with DCT? That's an excellent price! How much is it without? I guess I kinda missed that. The bike has great reviews even if it's a bit of an oddity.

Yes 355k with DCT, the bike along with the VFR1200 was reduced, the VFR1200 was reduced to 680k down from 960k as far as I know both bikes will revert to there original prices soon, it's the first time I have ever driven a big bike which is automatic with tiptronic mode, still getting used to it, it sounds very good!

Sorry don't know the price without DCT.

Edited by dogpoo

Personally I reckon the colour codes composer boxes look great on a large scooters, but you intend on keeping the NC for a while it seems, plus I guess you will increase your touring durations and distances over time. I would invest in the more sturdy Ali set to which you can add panniers to match later.

Personally I reckon the colour codes composer boxes look great on a large scooters, but you intend on keeping the NC for a while it seems, plus I guess you will increase your touring durations and distances over time. I would invest in the more sturdy Ali set to which you can add panniers to match later.

I doubt I will ever get the side panniers, my only long trips will be to Cha am, I'm not a tourer and doubt I ever will be, I think the trekker looks more like a box for a motorbike rather than the coocase which is good for a scooter, the side pannier set is 70k for the NC.

The top case along with the front compartment will be plenty of space for my needs.

Edited by dogpoo

Doggy

Something you sit on ( horse,motorbike/ bicycle/elephant) you ride. Something you get into, you drive.

Glad your happy with the Honda!

ride or drive all the same to me! to me ride is something you sit on and don't drive, drive is something you sit on or in and operate, in this case a motorbike! we are all different!

Edited by dogpoo

Congrats on the new bike DP. It is a great product that Honda made with the NC700 and I think it will fit your requirements for a bike very well.

How long time do you use to ride from Phuket to Cha-Am ? I live in Cha-Am and have often thought of going to Phuket on the bike, so it would be nice to know.

Congrats on the new bike DP. It is a great product that Honda made with the NC700 and I think it will fit your requirements for a bike very well.

How long time do you use to ride from Phuket to Cha-Am ? I live in Cha-Am and have often thought of going to Phuket on the bike, so it would be nice to know.

Hi mate, it takes me 10 1/2 hours I don't drive fast my speed is between 80/90 kph, stop a few times to stretch the legs and re-fuel, the time might come down a little bit with this bike as my speed will probably increase to 90/100 where it is possible.

Be careful when coming down, there are huge holes in the road, if you are driving fast and you hit one it could be very nasty!!

Edited by dogpoo