Young woman shot 'accidentally' by Phuket policeman

webfact

This is hard to understand the story as well. He was teasing her with a gun...The staff heard a single gun shot but the girl was lying on the table for two hours. The police fled the scene because he shot himself in the wrist. If the bullet went through the ear of the girl then through her forehead, how the hell did he got shot in the wrist. ...

Because he had her in a head lock - the bullet exited her head to his wrist.

The American frontier had better qualified sheriffs back in the 19th century. Come to think of it, one Wild Bill Hickok or Wyatt Earp was worth about a couple of thousand RTP.

Yes, but this reeks of premeditated murder.

It is very easy to remove the magazine after the shooting and claim the error.

The police will believe him, he is one of their own.

This is hard to understand the story as well. He was teasing her with a gun...The staff heard a single gun shot but the girl was lying on the table for two hours. The police fled the scene because he shot himself in the wrist. If the bullet went through the ear of the girl then through her forehead, how the hell did he got shot in the wrist. ...

. . . . and why didn't the cops get informed straight away and arrive within minutes?????????? Veeeeeeery susss

i once witnessed this behaviour in pattaya a drunk cop flashing is gun in a gogo bar,he did share several rounds though.....i mean the rounds that involve liquor....any how very sad and this guy should be hung....no excuse...this is the type of enforcment we see here,uneducated ,unreliable,unpredictable...this county is run by children and the elderly....where are all the intellegent thais....

• Like 1

A jigsaw puzzle with lots of pieces missing. Doubt whether we will ever get the complete picture.

Apart from the nonsense about 'teasing', one thing that stands out is that the victim had been lying dead at a table for two hours.

Time taken to come up with a story?

2 hours is time to make sure every witness knows to keep their damn mouth shut and time to remove any incriminating evidence and time to sober up and time to wake up the station commander as he will have to sign off on the story before any other cop in the station would dare to put it out.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/392054

Warning : Graphic picture

And ridiculous evidence photo.

I would give Phuket a miss if I were you.

I note the deceased had a registered address in Phuket and so may be a local. If so, bit trickier for the Phuket police to whitewash this one. Or more expensive would be more accurate.

Edited by Briggsy

nice , give farmers a gun, called them BIB and that stupid one does not know that there is a bullet in the chamber????

and teasing a woman with a gun ?

let the family of the guy tease that man with some knives around his neck

My wife read this yesterday in the Thai website. The photo displayed of the dead lady was very graphic. So this is the Royal Thai Police's finest. Horsing about with a loaded gun, never checked the chamber. He's most likely only face internal discipline with no jail time. RIP the deceased.

They should be forced to drop the "Royal".

Edited by 12DrinkMore

Definitely the cream of the crop. This represents the mentality of the Thai Police . Who in there right mind would ever think of doing such a thing and furthermore what was he doing off duty with a chambered round, not to mention that after the incident he just went off to the hospital himself with no grief or concern for the person he had just murdered.

In my opinion the Thai police should not carry guns and weapons should only be issued on instruction of senior officers if and when the situation warranted. Far too many of these idiots walking around with high power side arms.

• Like 1

He surely had her in a head-lock from behind so that his left arm was across her face and when he shot her that how he got the gun shot wound. I hope he is strung-up in hemp for this complete act of madness that happens all the time in Thailand. RIP for the young lady and condolences to her family for this pure act of barbarism that the BIB usually always shows.

Girl was shot just behind her left ear and shooter shot himself in the left wrist. He was very unlikely to be standing behind her jokingly holding her in a headlock.

The whole story is a load of lies anyway so this minor inconsistency is neither here not there.

Another big man with a gun and no brains. No way this was an accident, why wait 2 hours to report it? Needed the time to sober up and make up a good lie. Why would anyone with even half a brain remove a gun from a holster and play….oh I just answered myself, this guy has no brain.

My wife read this yesterday in the Thai website. The photo displayed of the dead lady was very graphic. So this is the Royal Thai Police's finest. Horsing about with a loaded gun, never checked the chamber. He's most likely only face internal discipline with no jail time. RIP the deceased.

And the "Police".

• Like 1

And the "Police".

And the guns.