Hua Hin on the rise

webfact

Hua Hin on the rise

rise.jpg

HUA HIN: -- Hua Hin is now among the top 10 popular destinations in Asia, according to TripAdvisor’s 2013 Travellers’ Choice™ Awards that focuses on “destinations on the rise”.

Released in December, the latest TripAdvisor awards indicate Hua Hin was ranked fifth following Kathmandu in Nepal; Sapporo in Japan; Hanoi in Vietnam; and Siem Reap in Cambodia.

The website said: “A favorite getaway for Bangkok residents, Hua Hin is a pretty beachside town. Family friendly and relaxed, it lacks the all-night partying and seedier aspects that make other nearby beach resorts a haven for unsavory characters.”

The remaining five destinations on the list were: Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia; Sanur in Indonesia; Macau in China; Jaipur in India; and Busan in South Korea.

hh2d.jpg
-- Hua Hin Today 2013-12-27

• 4 weeks later...

Hua Hin is a great destination! I love this pretty place! It is a pitty that now becoming so popular!

Let me tell you something , have lived. Here four years and this place is going down the toilet, drive through town every building is covered in huge hoardings with adds for condos, thousands are being built between here and cha Am, one development has six thousand, no thought to water sewage power future needs, there is no beach road, the road into town is horrific so what do they do build another mall and a water park all within one k of the existing mall, I live 2 k west of town and driving in to pick up the BKK POST is a bloody nightmare, we gave up on the beaches long ago. Soon it will compare with Phuket as the tuk tuks are out of control, it also th second most expensive town in Thailand. For me we are out of here ASAP, and when I first discovered the place ten years ago I loved it, now it is a dump with a rising crime rate and cops who don't give a shit. Your choice .