Why I like Cambo better than Thailand

Soccersux

"Thailand has lots of pros compared to Cambodia but with the current political situation here a move I think would be for the better." Ummm... did you not hear about the political situation in Cambodia... they seem to be gearing up for something similar to Thailand.

• Like 1

you will find if ur living there ( i did for 10 months)

• it is not cheaper to live
  • the selection of places to live is very limited compared to Thailand
  • the local/street food is not nearly as good,
  • electric, internet more expensive
  • not as varid choices in the supermarkets for western food
  • Medical care far below Thailand
  • Traffic in PP on main roads is same as Bangkok
  • the politcial sitiuation is very bad right now in PP since last elections an even getting worse now with the Garment worker strike

Yes visas are easier if ur under 50 and are not working legally

yes, drinking and smoking cigs is cheaper

You are so kind to even take time to explain him anything...

farang are barely tolerated [in Thailand]

Nonsense. If you're barely tolerated in Thailand, you're not going to be transformed into a real charmer by moving to another location and you probably weren't all that well-loved wherever you were before coming to Thailand.

Time to take off the rose colored specs grampa

Why don't you try a longer trip next time see if you feel the same way.

I also tend to prefer Cambodia to Thailand but have only ever spent a few weeks at a time over there so can't say if I would recommend it as a full time place to live.

How about a pros and cons list for both places?

• Like 2

Thailand, for all it's quirks, is a step up. Cambodia reminds me of the Philippines...as far as the poverty. I always had an uneasy feeling walking around in Cambodia....and those little communist clubs on almost every street corner, full of guys with dubious histories. Might make a visa run, but only for a few days. I like the shopping, beaches, girls, and variety of Thailand. If Burma opens up, I might try that.

Been to both.

Poverty about the same.

Cambodians happy looking lot.

Burmese sad looking lot

Got to admit I was not in the down town metropolises of Burma. Kind of wierd to see a Buramese in the middle of nowhere walking down the street with a rifle at least a foot longer than he was high. Saw that twice no other vehicles in sight just the one soldier.

But I do believe Burma was more was beautiful.l Not that I did that much traveling in Cambodia by land. PP to Siem Reap and then to the border. all in a comfortable car.

• Like 2