Rumour Alert

I just received a call from my friend, who just did a land border turn around at the Nong Khai border. He swears to me that the Thai Immigration Officer asked him if he wanted 60 days instead of 30. This was a Visa Exempt stamp in a South African Passport. He, of course, said yes. Tomorrow he will be showing up at my house to show me the 60 day visa exempt stamp. Again, he is from South Africa, and I am not. I only got 30 days last week when I crossed the same border.

Perhaps its just that he is from South Africa? Or is something else going on.

I will follow up tomorrow.

He should of only gotten 15 days for a visa exempt entry. Are you sure he doesn't have a tourist visa. Only those from the G7 countries or whose country has a bilateral agreement with Thailand get 30 days.

I agree with you. I told him that. Tomorrow I will look at it. Last time he came in, he only got 15 days. Something strange... Methinks he somehow got confused, and had another free entry on a double entry visa. As he has gone alone both times, no telling what he did until tomorrow. Just wanted to see if any body else had noticed any changes, other than the 30 day. Followup for sure tomorrow,

If true, I will photo the stamp.

Personally, I have my doubts.

Post and replies removed based on the following forum rule:

Please preview and proofread what you have written before posting. Posting in all capitals or in all bold, and using large or unusual fonts and colors is bad netiquette. Misspellings and grammatical errors can make posts difficult to understand. However English is not always the first language of our members so don't waste space correcting other members' grammar and spelling where it isn't necessary

I agree with the poster who said that the OP should have waited until he has an opportunity to see, scan and post the relevant stamps from his friend's passport. Until such time, it is best not to allow this topic to continue to run.

OP, once you have the scans, please click on the Report link below this post and ask for the topic to be reopened so that you may post the scanned stamps. Thank you.

mfr_closed1.gif