Thais cannot learn from previous mistakes

marko kok prong

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you need a change of scene, old chap. Could involve exchanging the current ready made family for a different one or maybe a bit of solitude. Are you in a position to exit stage left without too much drama? No significant investments in partner's name, I hope.

So you want them to jump up and run to the drive way to prevent the puppy from being run over by you or every time the pup farts go and look whats up. If I was your wife I would tell you to go to hell. Why can't you pick up the puppy yourself and do you expect them to have the puppy on their lap for 27/7?

• Like 1

Wow, the Thai Bashing is reaching fevered pitch here at the hub of the chosen people as we close out one year and head into 2014.

Considering all the threads on TV about people who overstay for years and years because it slipped their "minds," or all those too dense to understand the terms & conditions of their stay in Thailand after being here for years on end, the political & economic mess the west is once again trying to remedy, the endless tales of men who are fleeced by poorly educated women ... the list is endless ... saying Thais don't learn from past mistakes is hilarious and telling.

44543483784241483TSzh5a2Qc.jpg

I would normally agree that there is too much Thai bashing but in this care I totally agree with the op and others. A total lack of responsibility and very inconsiderate.... Me me me me ..... Maybe just too lazy to give a sh-t. Many tropical countries have this laid back , never mind, not my problem ... why of thinking. You can't change it so have to deal with it.

But if you ran over the puppy and killed it, no fault of your own, they would say you were no good and bad man. Your fault !!! Farang just don't understand anything :)

• Like 2

So you want them to jump up and run to the drive way to prevent the puppy from being run over by you or every time the pup farts go and look whats up. If I was your wife I would tell you to go to hell. Why can't you pick up the puppy yourself and do you expect them to have the puppy on their lap for 27/7?

no i do not expect that,just to be aware that the car is out and will come back,the dog is very small and it is hard to see over the bonnet of the pickup,all they need to do is put it inside the house,or on a leash secured to something,they know roughly what time i shall be back,once the vehicle is parked the puppy can go back out,i do not think this is too draconian,my concern here is for the puppy,personally i do not want to be scraping it's remains off the driveway.

• Like 2

They are people. Thai People, at that. Supreme beings.

A puppy is just an animal. It is low. Very low. A person is insulting themselves in going out of their way to take of it, and especially when no one is looking, so why would they. There are balloons that need popping on the tablet and people with down-syndrome on the TV trying to juggle to be laughed at. Take care of a lowly animal, that no one will see them doing? madness.

Edited by 1ma
  • Like 1

There is no Thai word for "responsible" or "consequence". And yes, it is just fate, it's meant to happen ...

I'll disagree with you there.

Pets = Sat Liang where Sat means 'animal' and Liang means 'care for'. Caring for something implies responsibility (Paa-ra naa-tii).

Consequence? Pon suup nuang where Pon means 'consequence or result' and 'suup nuang' mean 'as a result of'.

And there are other ways to say each of these words. So, I'm assuming you're just being sarcastic, which as far as I'm concerned, is fine. I'm a Westerner. I like sarcasm. It goes right over the head of most Thais.

So they do know the concepts of responsibility and consequences, however, they also know that mistakes cause loss of face which is unacceptable. So they will not admit to irresponsibility nor suffer the consequences.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

During the days of Empire, the East India Company stopped its expansion at the Afghan border, after a couple of exploratory forays, stating it would be impossible to expand further because you cannot win a fight against people who are not afraid to die.

It is not only Thais who do not learn from their past mistakes - ask all the widows and single parent families left behind by the guys who died there, sent by politicians that didn't learn from past mistakes...