Ark Building!

p1p

We are now half way through May, and the pond in my garden has a water level that I would have expected to see at the end of September. Over the past eight/nine years it has always been between 100-150cms lower than present at this time of year.

Looks like we might have something of a surplus of waer in coming months. So I suggest you get boats mended and fill and stockpile your sand-bags now!

We are now half way through May, and the pond in my garden has a water level that I would have expected to see at the end of September. Over the past eight/nine years it has always been between 100-150cms lower than present at this time of year.

Looks like we might have something of a surplus of waer in coming months. So I suggest you get boats mended and fill and stockpile your sand-bags now!

Don't worry!

Haven't you seen the politicians assuring us all that they have fixed the problems and we do not need to worry about flooding this year.

JxP :o

> We are now half way through May, and the pond in my garden

> has a water level that I would have expected to see at the end of September.

I don't think this matters much.. Because there will be plenty of time for the main reservoirs to drain any unseasonal high rainfall away. What matters is what happens around September, when reservoirs are full (and have to be full, or water runs out during the dry season). Any really high rainfall then will result in the need to release a lot of water in a short time, and certain places will flood.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I think I will get a few extra bottles of pasta sauce before the road out to p1p's Moo Baan is completely impassable.

p1p gave me a couple of bottles of that sauce to take home when I caught up with him in CM last week... arroy mak mak! :o

With an ark I don't see any problem in p1p's sauce distribution channels. It may be the start of a floating-market tradition in Chiang Mai, thus attracting more tourists to the North.

Be sure to put speakers on the ark, and a catchy jingle tune similar to the Wall's icecream vendor carts, so everyone knows the pasta-ark is near.

... speaking about ice(cream) --- isn't it abnormal cold around here for this time of year .? .. the temperature, cloudyness and rain makes the climate very similar to the summers of my Scandinavian homecountry...

No kidding rishi, I was think exactly the same thing today. Couldve been Sweden.

I went out on the bike tonight and I had to put a bloody jacket on! :o

So, it was you chuchok, nice bike dude...

Thanks. :D

With an ark I don't see any problem in p1p's sauce distribution channels. It may be the start of a floating-market tradition in Chiang Mai, thus attracting more tourists to the North.

Be sure to put speakers on the ark, and a catchy jingle tune similar to the Wall's icecream vendor carts, so everyone knows the pasta-ark is near.

They could just let the rain fill up the superhighway construction and bingo - an instant floating market!

Must say you seem to have a few more white hairs than the last time we met!

Oh yeah? Well the hair in your nostrils could use a trim. :o

UG - Maybe I should point out that that comment was meant for the "person" on the front of the bike - not yourself, kind sir!

Although, come to think of it........... Maybe we are all growing "whiter" as time goes on.

Oh yeah? Well the hair in your nostrils could use a trim. :D

UG - Maybe I should point out that that comment was meant for the "person" on the front of the bike - not yourself, kind sir!

Although, come to think of it........... Maybe we are all growing "whiter" as time goes on.

I couldn't figure out who you were talking about, so just threw in a generic aging insult.

Your nose hairs are most riup roy! :o

Oh yeah? Well the hair in your nostrils could use a trim. :D

I couldn't figure out who you were talking about, so just threw in a generic aging insult.

Your nose hairs are most riup roy! :D

No probs! Last time we met you were in the perfect position to inspect them ... :D:D:o