Immigration On-Line Queue System V.2

Tywais

Fresh topic for 2014 on using the Immigration Online Queue System and updated for their new page. Previous topic for reference

Please note that the online queueing system is only for those doing extensions of stay such as work, marriage, business, education and retirement. Do NOT use it for 90 day reporting, re-entry permits, tourist visa extensions or similar matters that can be processed fairly quickly.

Chiang Mai immigration website
Officer handling queries - somyongk [at] hotmail.com
Alternates - Chiangmai2011 [at] gmail.com or tm [at] hotmail.com (these have not been tested by me)
Phone: 053-201755-6 Fax: 053-277510

Accessing the online queue system. Connect to immigration via the below link.

On Line Queue

After clicking on the image a new window will popup for the actual reservation information. This is to be used only for extensions to stay such as work, retirement, marriage, etc and not 90 day reporting, re-entry permits or similar items with short handling times. There are only 10 time slots per day so be sure to reserve with discretion. If you change your mind, please be sure to cancel the appointment to free the slot for others.

A Q&A from the comments section and answer from the immigration officer:

Quote: I have heard that a "queue number" for annual visa renewal, and 90 days renewal can be obtained via the 'internet' is this correct ?...
-------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Only visa renewal can get queue number

post-566-0-36076200-1316496673_thumb.jpg

If you did not get a popup window with your queue information than you can either contact the above e-mail or use the comment section at the bottom of the main page of the immigration site: Example here.

post-566-0-07497600-1316496993_thumb.jpg

What the queue card looks like when completed:

post-566-0-42781900-1316512724_thumb.jpg

Note: This topic is for important information to members. Off-topic or argumentative posts will be removed without notice.

Edited by Tywais
Update queue link
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

The immigration website has undergone an upgrade and appears to be no English language version now. I've updated the pinned topic and the OP in this one to include a direct link to the online queue page as the main immigration page is no longer clear about it. A member brought it to my attention and seems the queue system is completely full 100 days in advance for a while now. Don't know if it is a problem with their database or agents booking the slots or being used for other than its intended purpose for extensions only.

I just checked my link http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/th/queue-online.html and that's still in English. Is it still linking to the new upgraded system?

It's their main front page that no longer has English even though the link says English and there is nothing obvious on that page that points to the queue system now - http://chiangmaiimm.com/en.html

Some problem there as slots seem to be absent right through the 100 days.

Maybe the notice that slots may only be used for visas and not 90 days etc may finally reduce the problem as there have definitely been 90 day etc online bookings in recent months.

Hopefully immigration will actually enforce it?

Now is a bad time to get a booking.

100 days ahead is mid May and the first 2 weeks of May has 3 or 4 holidays so there is a lot of pressure on the system. Normally I find all the slots are taken within a few hours of the day starting.

So try at midnight to see if any spaces come up.

PS One of the things that irritates is that I have to make two bookings, one for me and one for my wife. This must waste a lot of booking spaces especially as we are dealt with together and probably take not much longer than a single person.

Edited by briley

I also know of a number of people using the booking system for 90 day reports, perhaps that's why the schedule is always full.

My experience is that if you start to try and make a booking 100 days prior you'll find the last five days of the period are mostly bookable, count those days carefully!

• Like 1

I also know of a number of people using the booking system for 90 day reports, perhaps that's why the schedule is always full.

My experience is that if you start to try and make a booking 100 days prior you'll find the last five days of the period are mostly bookable, count those days carefully!

Well it begs the question why don't Immigration make it loud and clear to these "90 day reporting misfits," on arrival to the counter, that the on line system is not for that function and state that clearly on the web site.

With the expat population of CM showing a massive increase in numbers it wont be long before the system is totally unworkable.

And chiang mai I hope you pass on that info to the people you know.

• Like 1

Well it begs the question why don't Immigration make it loud and clear to these "90 day reporting misfits," on arrival to the counter, that the on line system is not for that function and state that clearly on the web site.

With the expat population of CM showing a massive increase in numbers it wont be long before the system is totally unworkable.

And chiang mai I hope you pass on that info to the people you know.

Yes sir, done sir biggrin.png

• Like 2

Briley wrote:

PS One of the things that irritates is that I have to make two bookings, one for me and one for my wife. This must waste a lot of booking spaces especially as we are dealt with together and probably take not much longer than a single person.

Yes, indeed, since they started up the on-line system I have made the two required bookings, and every time, my suggestion at the first booking to take both of us together has been agreed to by the officers. Yes, it takes maybe a couple of minutes longer but no where near 30 minutes to complete the process for both of us. Indeed, it takes about 10 minutes for an "interview" and document check altogether.

Here is possibly where Immigration might figure out a way to deal with the current necessity to book two slots. On the other hand, it does free up time for officers to take care of others without on-line queue appointments.

To try to forestall any comments that the officers then take a break, have a smoke, or otherwise goof off in the time freed up by taking couples, I add that I have never noticed such behavior.

Edited by Mapguy

I was in CMI a couple of days trying to get my last visa transferred to my new passport and was advised to use their useless on line queue system by an officer. Informed them that it was full and they said to come in at 06:AM.............

So, it sounds as if people might actually be told to use the online queuing system as a way of 'deflecting' them?

If so, I wonder just how many of these renewal slots are being taken up by people who genuinely think they can use it for other purposes. If this is so, someone with close ties to the 'head / boss' at CM Immigration (not me, but there are many who have said on this forum in the past that they have), should inform him what is happening, clear instructions should be issued by him to the staff and someone allocated specifically to go through the appointments to cancel out anything that is not for extension renewal, or whatever other genuine reason there is to use this service.

• Like 1

I was in CMI a couple of days trying to get my last visa transferred to my new passport and was advised to use their useless on line queue system by an officer. Informed them that it was full and they said to come in at 06:AM.............

So, it sounds as if people might actually be told to use the online queuing system as a way of 'deflecting' them?

If so, I wonder just how many of these renewal slots are being taken up by people who genuinely think they can use it for other purposes. If this is so, someone with close ties to the 'head / boss' at CM Immigration (not me, but there are many who have said on this forum in the past that they have), should inform him what is happening, clear instructions should be issued by him to the staff and someone allocated specifically to go through the appointments to cancel out anything that is not for extension renewal, or whatever other genuine reason there is to use this service.

Deportation perhaps or maybe just a good whipping, and a fine of course.laugh.png

More seriously, if I was a visa agent, the online reservation system would be my biggest obstacle to doing business, it's existence takes away most of the reasons for using an agent, so....! And I did notice that the reservations queue went from being very under used to full very quickly, I wonder!

Edited by chiang mai

Deportation perhaps or maybe just a good whipping, and a fine of course.laugh.png

More seriously, if I was a visa agent, the online reservation system would be my biggest obstacle to doing business, it's existence takes away most of the reasons for using an agent, so....! And I did notice that the reservations queue went from being very under used to full very quickly, I wonder!

An interesting conspiracy theory.

In order for this to be successfully ongoing, it would require the cooperation of...................whistling.gif

• Like 1

one suggestion for immigration staff,if your queue card print out,has not got a legit reason for extension,ie extension of stay/retirement,refuse them,or fine them for misuse,of goverment property,soon put a stop to it a couple of knock backs,or get nancy on the case,after all it was here baby,and hate to see it getting messed up or abused.

• Like 1

To avoid all these problems, I just used a visa service that has been mentioned here before. Smooth as glass.

In other countries, I have always used visa services, rarely going to an embassy and only going to immigration here in Thailand. Visa services tend to be much faster and eliminate the hassle, if you choose wisely.

Edited by mesquite

Slightly off topic but went in today at 12.45pm to get a re entry stamp.Got a number from Miss Curley, 088 , 055 was next in line.

1pm we were underway but I lost count of the number of people, when their number was called up, who went up to the counter and still hadn't filled their form out.

Got out at 3.45 pm but still a lot of people waiting. Not the staffs fault just people who haven't done their homework or thick as a brick.

one suggestion for immigration staff,if your queue card print out,has not got a legit reason for extension,ie extension of stay/retirement,refuse them,or fine them for misuse,of goverment property,soon put a stop to it a couple of knock backs,or get nancy on the case,after all it was here baby,and hate to see it getting messed up or abused.

What you are suggesting is that Immigration enforce its own rules. The Thais just don't seem to be into that.

I used the link in the OP this morning, and found two slots not reserved 100 days from now. I typed in as fast as i could and got a slot. What a result!

I had been trying for about five days, and each time all slots were taken up. I got lucky this morning about 7.30. I had considered trying each night at 12.01, but i like my sleep too much to stay up so late.

So just keep trying is my advice. Perhaps get up early about 5 or 6 and try first thing.

• Like 1

At 5am todayI managed to make a booking after many failed attempts at even earlier in the morning over the last two weeks. I did send polite enquiry emails to [email protected] but after ten days no reply.

So it seems that only night owls can beat the block bookers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!

All slots are full from tomorrow 04Apr to 11Jun. Not a single spot anywhere. All 10 blocked. Every single working day.

I need to renew my retirement extentison mid of June and in PANIC right now.

If the sh#t hits the fan, anybody knows a decent agent???

Thank you!!!

Edit: I checked last month randomly and I remember there were SOME empty slots onceeeeee in a while....

Edited by khrab

Yes!

All slots are full from tomorrow 04Apr to 11Jun. Not a single spot anywhere. All 10 blocked. Every single working day.

I need to renew my retirement extentison mid of June and in PANIC right now.

If the sh#t hits the fan, anybody knows a decent agent???

Thank you!!!

Edit: I checked last month randomly and I remember there were SOME empty slots onceeeeee in a while....

You can get a slot if you are prepared to stay up late...

I got a slot for 11 June by staying up late on Sunday night and trying after midnight. About 00:05 they became available, my first attempt was already booked but I was successful at my second attempt.